Author Topic: Garnett to LA LA Land?  (Read 2941 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Garnett to LA LA Land?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »
Yep Skander.  Mark Blount couldn't rebound a recently divorced nymphomaniac. 

Anyhooo I just can't see the Wolves giving up KG without getting a much higher pick than 19.  And by "can't see" I meen that if we end up with a low first rounder plus a pu pu platter of mediocre players I will gouge out my eyes before the draft rolls around.   

And Lurker when you said McHale is a good judge of talent I was wondering if you were talking about the guy who selected Ndubi Ebi, Paul Grant and Will Avery in the first round? Actually I do think he picked well last year and will do so again this year because all the criticism has forced him to get his shyte together.  I really believe some of his mistakes in personnel came from poor preparation stemming from overconfidence after his initial success turning the Wolves around.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 01:27:37 PM »
Here is my personal problem with the talks...

First and foremost...how the heck is a CELTIC going to make a trade like this to the LAKERS?  If it did go down I would then expect North Korea and South Korea to call a truce to start doing business.

The other is I do not see how the Wolves win in this situation if Bynum is anything short of the hype he has been given (by myself and others around the league).  If Bynum does not turn into a solid 20 10 guy I like I think he can then they are getting shafted, bad. 

Lastly...Did everyone forget that Odom and Brown are going to need surgery for their injuries?  That is part of why Kobe is mad and pressing the issue so hard. The Lakers are not making moves yet have two starters who may not play at the start of the season.  I don't see how that has been brushed under the rug by the media DYING to talk about the nba.  Which comes back to JoMaL's question, which is why are people even talking about this so much....it's because the basketball season was over before the finals started.

Joe is dead on about the Rad-man deal.  They screwed themselves like no other with that signing and it just may be a bigger factor then most would think in getting KG in the first place.  Mitch Kupchek really is a crappy GM.  68 million for that guy? That might be one of the dumbest large signing in the last 5 years.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »
And Lurker when you said McHale is a good judge of talent I was wondering if you were talking about the guy who selected Ndubi Ebi, Paul Grant and Will Avery in the first round? Actually I do think he picked well last year and will do so again this year because all the criticism has forced him to get his shyte together.  I really believe some of his mistakes in personnel came from poor preparation stemming from overconfidence after his initial success turning the Wolves around.   

jn...I agree that it had more to do with lack of preparation than judging talent.  Also I think he honestly thought he had built a winner (the Sprewell/Cassell team) and was drafting for the future...players that he hoped would develop.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues