Author Topic: Was Phil informed of the long term plans?  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Was Phil informed of the long term plans?
« on: June 17, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »
Days of Our Kobe
Sunday, June 17th 2007

Carlos Boozer, Byron Davis and Artest all would have signed with the Lakers, says Kobe saying he spoke with all three of his buddies and helped broker a potential deal.  Kobester now says Laker ownership/management et al pooh poohed the deals, failing to tell him of a long term cheapskate plan.  Now, are you telling me the whole next one-two years, he and Phil never discussed the Lakers passing over these players and the long term plan vs WinNow with Kobester? 

Also i gotta tell you Laker posters, if Kobe was lied to about the signability of these three players and LoseNow win Later was implemented, i support his bailing 100%.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:15:34 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Was Phil informed of the long term plans?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:03:40 PM »
Who is Byron Davis?  Do you mean Baron Davis of the Warriors?  If you do then he wouldn't have helped much in the triangle offense BUT Boozer would be perfect.  Who's to say who is telling the truth, I don't care what Kobe does my problem is he aired his beef on the air putting the Lakers in a horrid position.  Lakers are pretty much screwed in Kobe trades so they are going to have to stick with him and try to get some more consistent talent on board.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.php?topic=3801.0  yes i find it quite hard to believe Bryant that he and Phil never sat down and talked about what ownership had told the both of them re player acquistion, short and long term plans, etc.  Plane rides before and after games, practice sessions, film sessions, yoga, rides to and from naturopath.  Ron Testy was the other potential acquisition.

Which means, are you saying Kobe could be lieing?  :o  You "don't care what Kobe says"?
LakerFan Dan, westkoast, msc lets get W.O.W. in the ambulance and to The Laker House stat!
I'm administering 500cc of Organic Laker Winnin Juice intraveneously. 
Lets get him calmed down and stabilized.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »
Which means, are you saying Kobe could be lieing?  :o  You "don't care what Kobe says"?
LakerFan Dan, westkoast, msc lets get W.O.W. in the ambulance and to The Laker House stat!
I'm administering 500cc of Organic Laker Winnin Juice intraveneously. 
Lets get him calmed down and stabilized.

Who are you quoting?  It's not me, I didn't say any of those things.  You can tell 10 different people the same thing and you could get 10 different interpretations.  Please show me where I said  "don't care what Kobe says".  Otherwise you can just continue to post about made up stuff, have a great time.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
...,I don't care what Kobe does.. 
:o

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
...,I don't care what Kobe does.. 
:o

"don't care what Kobe says"?

Whoops, you are wrong AGAIN!!!!  Try again.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:32:47 AM »
Isn't that even worse  :o  :o

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »
Isn't that even worse  :o  :o

Thanks for admitting you were WRONG again.  Nice to see that you can walk in the light even if you you're walking sideways.

Is it worse?  Nope, then again someone else may have a different opinion but my opinion about my POV is the most accurate so don't try to agrue this point with me.  Stay or go I don't care, what I care about is him screwing the franchise that stood behind him throught his career, on and off the court.  By him "saying" things in a public forum he puts the Lakers in a bad position, he basically wants the Lakers to do things for him while in turn he screws the Lakers over.  For all I know Kobe may be 100% in the right, although going public was not the things to do, I really don't know.  It's hard to believe statements from both sides when all they do is paint themselves in a positive light.  Until someone bites the bullet and admits they were wrong or that the other side is telling the truth, I'm not taking anyone's side.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:05:29 AM »
Not sure how much of it is true or not but Baron Davis was looking to come back to LA, he grew up in/around Compton and went to UCLA.  He spends a lot of time down here when he is not playing basketball.  Artest and Kobe are actually good friends.  That deal for Artest was an option but I believe they shot it down for the same reason most other teams did, he is a liability.  Carlos Boozer...Never heard anything about him coming over to LA but if they did in fact pass on him they are MAJOR idiots.  Of those 3 players he would have been the best fit and could have put the Lakers into a potential contender.

The front office is having major troubles with leaks right now.  The LA Times has someone up there that is feeding them a lot of information that may or may not be true.  I saw a 'rumor' yesterday that said Kobe met with Buss in Spain. He (the leak) said that Kobe stated he  is still not happy because the Jermaine O'Neal trade is dead in the water and that he wants to be traded if nothing is going to be done.  Then in that same rumor from the LA times they had an official spokesperson from the Lakers staff say that no one knows what was said to Buss as no one was around.  Kobe was in Spain to see a soccer team and go on vacation, Buss had been oversees also and happened to stop by to meet with Kobe in Spain.

Reality I am now going to refer to you as W.O.W's son.  He has man handled you in so many topics over the last week it reminds me of when a son tries to challenge his dad as a young kid and gets handled lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 12:46:50 PM »
my opinion about my POV is the most accurate

I would believe this IF you were educated somewhere besides California.     ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »

So I guess I should begin the journey of "finding myself".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »

So I guess I should begin the journey of "finding myself".

Start with a six pack of Fat Tire...if it doesn't help you "find yourself" at least the journey will be more enjoyable.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »
It isn't about Phil, although I'll bet anything if you ask him that he'll say he expects to win now.

Kobe is understandably frustrated. He is at the top of his game as a player, in his prime.  He knows he could be on a team competing in June.  He would rather stay a Laker and have that happen, but (and this is the point) they both have to be realistic about what is possible.

Bottom line- it would be far quicker and better for Kobe's sake if he were to leave.  The Lakers are nowhere near good enough to challenge the Spurs as they are. Chances are extremely low that they will be good enough next year without a blockbuster trade that Buss has pretty much ruled out. 

Incidentally, Kobe's interests and the fans are a little different.  Kobe wants to win right now and the fans want to win all the time and as soon as possible.  Chances are the Lakers could build around Kobe if they were better at selecting players, so it would be to their benefit to hold onto him. 

But if you're Kobe, realistically you want to be traded to a team that's close enough that he could put them over the top, but not the Spurs - a team that could beat the Spurs next season. 

The question is, which teams are close enough to the Spurs that the addition of Kobe would put them into at least the Conference finals?  And, can Kobe force a deal sooner by being a pest?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »
Reality I am now going to refer to you as W.O.W's son.  He has man handled you in so many topics over the last week it reminds me of when a son tries to challenge his dad as a young kid and gets handled lol
  I'm glad you find a vast difference between Kobe said and Kobe did.  Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Chameleon.  Great, I'll have WOW make Laker Winnin Juice deliveries to you and share the cut with him.  Then he truly will hand me something. :D
Back to the topic, yes WOW they can't both be truthin.  One of them is and one of them isn't but who knows which?  Days of Our Kobe mondays episode.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
But if you're Kobe, realistically you want to be traded to a team that's close enough that he could put them over the top, but not the Spurs - a team that could beat the Spurs next season. 
The usually inept -sees all things in extreme purple haze Michyeall Thompson suggested Marion, Barbosa, Diaw, all three 2007 1st round picks (someting like 13, 19 and 25) for the Kobester.  The reasoning being AStoudamire, Nash and Kobe would be a dynamo within the range of the Spurs Dynamic Trio.  At the same time, he reasoned LA is going to lose him anyway so there is a good nucleous of young for the Lakers to build on and compete at the same time.
C Bynum
F Odom
F Marion
G Barbosa
G Farmar?
6th man F Diaw

Three picks either pachaged for another deal or hope to get a piece in the draft.

Problem is currently no Phx bench and an injury to any of the would be "Phoenix Trio" would be derailment. 

From Phx point of view i would offer all above except the three picks.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:55:32 PM by Reality »