Author Topic: GM 3 predictions Spurs at Cavs  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
GM 3 predictions Spurs at Cavs
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:41:43 PM »
2-0
SX3
Skandery
Reality
WOW late

1-0  if you guys put Gm 2 picks somewhere else move it over here.
westkoast
Lurker
jn

1-1 rt
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:34:15 PM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GM 3 predictions Spurs at Cavs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »
hmmmm....I would like to say we will win, but I said SA in 6 so if we are going to lose it would more than likely be a game 3 loss IMO.

Cavs, over 10 points...I think the Spurs will relax and get their arses handed to them.  The they will get mad and take game 4.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:19:53 AM »
Put me down as 0-2, since I didn't pick.  I would have gone with the Spurs since the Cavs looked so bad in game 1.

For game 3, the Cavs should win.  Their reserves play better at home.

Also, don't forget, they were down 2-0 before they got their act together against Detroit.

Although they came back to make it interesting yesterday, at no point were the Spurs in danger.  At no point, did the Cavs make it hard for the Spurs to score.  So far the Cavs are overwhelmed.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:34:11 AM »
hmmmm....I would like to say we will win, but I said SA in 6 so if we are going to lose it would more than likely be a game 3 loss IMO.

Cavs, over 10 points...I think the Spurs will relax and get their arses handed to them.  The they will get mad and take game 4.

Having said series Spurs in 6, you can still adjust and pick game to game as you wish.  If Cavs in Gm 3 is what you want, fine.
I'm gonna wait a day or two and see if any injuries have occur.  Seems like there are none, altho FinleyBarry is certainly not the same, whether it be back or brains.

rickortreat Put me down as 0-2, since I didn't pick.  I would have gone with the Spurs since the Cavs looked so bad in game 1.
  since you know you would have picked the Spurs, that's good enough for me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:37:25 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »
After the first two games I just don't think the Cavs have what it takes to really put the Spurs in a tight situation at all.  I'll go as far to say that I think they would have to get really lucky to win just one game against them.

I am going to say the Spurs go up by 15-17 only to have the Cavs make a small run in the middle of the 4th to cut it to 5 but never get any closer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
After the first two games I just don't think the Cavs have what it takes to really put the Spurs in a tight situation at all.  I'll go as far to say that I think they would have to get really lucky to win just one game against them.

I am going to say the Spurs go up by 15-17 only to have the Cavs make a small run in the middle of the 4th to cut it to 5 but never get any closer. 
True.  After San An went up 30 and the subs let it get back to 19, Pop called timeout.  When they let it get it to 15, that's it, i would have put the starters back in.  This is the Finals and no time to screw around.  Pop waited till it got down to 10.
But on the positive side, i agree with you that it seems the Spurs are going to go up 15 on them each and every game.  I'll hold off a bit because the Cleveland crowd will be raucous.  I'll happily take a split but yes koast i wonder if Skandery it correct and it will be a 4roll.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 12:08:07 PM »

True.  After San An went up 30 and the subs let it get back to 19, Pop called timeout.  When they let it get it to 15, that's it, i would have put the starters back in.  This is the Finals and no time to screw around.  Pop waited till it got down to 10.
But on the positive side, i agree with you that it seems the Spurs are going to go up 15 on them each and every game.  I'll hold off a bit because the Cleveland crowd will be raucous.  I'll happily take a split but yes koast i wonder if Skandery it correct and it will be a 4roll.

Skand is looking like Mr. Told-ya-so  :D  The reason I feel it would be a sweep is because Lebron cannot adjust to this defense.  That is not a knock on Lebron at all.  Just tells you how good this team defense is. 

First line of defense: Bruce Bowen probably the best defender in the league
Second line of defense: A few guys  but Manu has been AWESOME in this spot
Third line of defense: Tim Duncan one of the best post defenders in the last decade

How awesome would it be if we were able to see Jordan in his prime put into Lebron's spot?  I think even MJ himself would have a little bit of trouble with this defense.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:09:57 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »

Skand is looking like Mr. Told-ya-so  :D  The reason I feel it would be a sweep is because Lebron cannot adjust to this defense.  That is not a knock on Lebron at all.  Just tells you how good this team defense is. 

Third line of defense: Tim Duncan one of the best post defenders in the last decade

How awesome would it be if we were able to see Jordan in his prime put into Lebron's spot?  I think even MJ himself would have a little bit of trouble with this defense.

WOW...MJ......hmmmmmmmm......I dont know about that....lets see if LeBron meets us again next year and see how much beter he has gotten by that point...MJ in his prime may have been a harder challenge for us.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »

WOW...MJ......hmmmmmmmm......I dont know about that....lets see if LeBron meets us again next year and see how much beter he has gotten by that point...MJ in his prime may have been a harder challenge for us.

That's why I said 'a little bit'  :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
Would you guys do me a small consession and stop posting the entire previous quotes so you can add one line?  One valuable line, i get it.  Just ixschnay with the previous 47 posts?

LeBron at 22 kicks ass.
Don't even try the Kobme comparisons.  Lebron with prime Shaq and Phil Winters coaching would do just fine.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 02:11:28 PM »
Would you guys do me a small consession and stop posting the entire previous quotes so you can add one line?  One valuable line, i get it.  Just ixschnay with the previous 47 posts?

LeBron at 22 kicks ass.
Don't even try the Kobme comparisons.  Lebron with prime Shaq and Phil Winters coaching would do just fine.

like this?    ;)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »

Skand is looking like Mr. Told-ya-so    The reason I feel it would be a sweep is because Lebron cannot adjust to this defense.  That is not a knock on Lebron at all.  Just tells you how good this team defense is. 

That's why I said 'a little bit' 

LeBron at 22 kicks ass.
like this?   8) 

No....he means like this.  ;D
 8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »
like this?    ;) 
  Yes thank you.  Participation is voluntary.  Do they do stuff like this where Skandery is from?  http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20070611-1148-britain-honorkilling.html

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 02:48:46 PM »
Nope only those filthy Londonites in England do that....and those filthier San Diegoans in California aggrandize it in their media.  8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 03:12:31 PM »
As someone who’s not a fan of either team, I've just been hoping for a few good games.  Guess I’ll have to keep hoping. That game was over before halftime and regardless of what LeBron did in the fourth qtr. the game was never in doubt.  Actually, looking at the first two games there has never even been 1 second of game time where the Spurs weren't in complete control. 

The Spurs are playing at such a high level right now ... it is truly remarkable.  Thier big three, especially Parker, have been excellent and the supporting cast knows their respective rolls and are playing them to perfection.  I don’t think there’s a team out there currently in the East or the West that would beat them in a 7 game series right now. 

On the other hand, I think all 8 western conference playoffs teams could beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.  The top 5 without question and I think the Lakers, Warriors and Nugs would give them a solid run for their money and likely win.