Author Topic: Cheap shot Bob! nt  (Read 5718 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cheap shot Bob! nt
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »
This is bad news for Phoenix. loosing Diaw and Stoudemire for game 5.  It hurts them much more than it hurts the Spurs.

Without Amare, the Spurs will be able to control the boards much more effectively.  And, the Suns have been relying on him for points when they really need them, like at the end of the game.

This rule needs to be changed quickly.  I don't think Horry thought about doing this, or that Pop put him up to it.  But now that it has happened, it seems like a good dirty trick.

Who will Pop put in for Bob's minutes?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 06:52:36 PM »
Well one never knows but you would hope Pop would go Tall with Elson, Fabbs and Bonner alternating for Bobs minutes.  But if Duncan is on fire and Parker, Findawg, GNob and Barrdog are hot, Duncan +4 should suffice.

Spurs by 20 Wed nights Gm 5, but sets up a v-e-r-y interesting Gm 7 at Phx if the Suns either outplay or get reffed to a Gm 6 win.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 07:07:40 PM »
OMFG!!  The suns can still run small ball on us and win.  lets face it Amare was in foul trouble most of the time and IMO has not been THAT affective in this series.  While I DO think the Suns are in trouble I don't think we will be blowing them out tomorrow - or that this series is over - championship caliber teams over come and pull it together no matter what the odds.  The Suns right now remind me of the Spurs back in '99 overcoming the Lakers (sorry to bring that up Laker fans.)   I don't think that the Suns are quite ready to move on but it wouldn't surprise me to see them SOMEHOW come out of this series the victor.  Steve Nash has shown me that he deserves the title MVP (not just for his play but because that little guy is pretty tough.)  We still got our work cut out for us tomorrow. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
The Suns right now remind me of the Spurs back in '99 overcoming the Lakers (sorry to bring that up Laker fans.)

As I remember it, Duncan and Robinson actually played against the '99 Lakers.  Right there, available for the game.

REGARDLESS of outcome from this point forward, the Western Conference playoffs have been tainted.  And the Eastern Conference playoffs have been yawners.

The "championship series" that this was supposed to be has become the ultimate spectacle of what is entirely wrong in the league office.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 02:05:07 PM »
The "championship series" that this was supposed to be has become the ultimate spectacle of what is entirely wrong in the league office.

I agree.  But I would also point out that the league, owners, competion committee and players association have had numerous opportunities over the years to take the teeth out of the rule.  Or to introduce language that will give discretion to the league enforcers.  And they haven't.  Makes one say hmmmmmm.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues