Author Topic: Brent Barry!!!!!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Brent Barry!!!!!
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:44 PM »
Did you see the high level of cheering and fist pumping he did when scrub Finley hit his 8th 3-pointer.  Man, that shows how many years he has been around the league.  A consummate pro.  Worth every $$$ of his contract. 

Great win by the Spurs.  Took Denver's best knockout punch right before the half and came back out swinging.  Finley was awesome - setting a franchise record for 3's in a playoff game.  And he muscled up Melo in the second half defensively.  Fantastic defensive effort in the second half by the whole team.  Some nice passing.  Denver was a tough team and has a solid future with some minor moves.  Mostly finding a bench...and discipline in their offensive sets.

I'll have to wait to see Reality's take on Barry's performance.  I will be in New Orleans until Monday.  And promised the wife no computer.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brent Barry!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »
This is funny because I was going to make this same thread...

Title "DAMN BARRY IS GOING NUTS"

Body "Oh my bad that was Mike Finley"

Excellent game by the Spurs.  I thought every player played their part (Even Flabs with some nice tip outs for second shot attempts) and stuck to a well crafted game plan.  Finley went nuts from 3.  That was quite an outing from the line.  Did he end up breaking Bowen's record?  He also was playing some good defense IMO.  Nothing spectacular but above average for sure.

AI had a heck of a series and I think he deserves props.  If there is a question who should be running the team Melo or AI...I am going to have to say it should be AIs team.  The guy has alot of heart and is a leader on the floor.  Say what you want about him as a thug or what not but he puts it all out there in the game.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:52:26 PM »
Did you see the high level of cheering and fist pumping he did when scrub Finley hit his 8th 3-pointer.  Man, that shows how many years he has been around the league.  A consummate pro.  Worth every $$$ of his contract. 

I'll have to wait to see Reality's take on Barry's performance.  I will be in New Orleans until Monday.  And promised the wife no computer.   ;)
We've got to get pics of Barry up.
I'm not technomologically competent enough to get it from tv to computer.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »
What a great win by the Spurs.  They controlled Iverson as well as he could be, and made the shots they needed at critical times.

It wasn't Duncan, Ginobli or Parker who did in the Nuggets, but Michael Finley.  This is a little better than Big Shot Bob, since Horry won't be with the team next year.  As you can see they have the firepower even without Bob to get it done. 

Nuggets will be better next year, as AI gets more experience with his teamates, and they hopefully get Kenyon Martin back. But this year the Spurs were clearly the better team, all the way around.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »

We've got to get pics of Barry up.
I'm not technomologically competent enough to get it from tv to computer.

Pretty quiet about Finley's game and his play in this series....for some reason I don't remember Barry being the 4th leading scorer on the Spurs.

IMO Denver should be AIs team.  Melo is not quite ready for that role.  He is a good player but he doesn't have the same qualities that AI does.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:41:57 AM »
Pretty quiet about Finley's game and his play in this series....for some reason I don't remember Barry being the 4th leading scorer on the Spurs.
Finleys 8 treys are a San Antone record.  8-9 makes it even sweeter.  Barry and Finley  could flip flop on their shooting streaks at any time, as Finleys 2-8 Gm 4 attest to.  So Barry could and most likely will be needed vs Phx.
As to last nights record, I'll let Finley himself summarize.

"To be realistic, my career is coming to an end in a couple of years or so. So I'm enjoying the moment," said the 34-year-old Finley, who signed with the Spurs in September 2005 and is in his 12th NBA season. "I'm blessed to be playing with some tremendous basketball players, guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan. Those guys attract a lot of attention and I'm just out there doing my job and knocking down shots off of things they create for me."

I'll chalk up Cambys comments to Spur of the moment frustration:

"It turned out that way with the series being over 4-1, but as for the level of play, I can't really say they're a better team than us," Denver's Marcus Camby said. "Each game was close and could have been flip-flopped to our advantage. I still feel confident in our team and what we can build here."

AI was being a chucker and hardly showed leadership to me in last nights game.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »

If for 4 previous games you were doing a good job of torching a team why should you stop shooting the ball?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:05 PM »

If for 4 previous games you were doing a good job of torching a team why should you stop shooting the ball?
11-22 Gm 1.  Okay that was good.  Next 3:
9-25
7-20
9-25  Thats 25-70 for GMs 2-3-4.
6-22 culmination.  Thats with hittin a few late buckets.
31-92 since Gm 1? :D
B-Rad cmon bring something to the table.  You can do better then that.

It's called making an adjustment.  The truly great ones all do it.
He should have went into assist mode.  Also many of his "great" drive n hoops in this series were obvious travels. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
AI was horking up shots.  He tends to get a little out of control when a defense shuts him down as thoroughly as San Antonio did.  The Nuggets were actually doing better without AI being the focal point.  When someone else was bringing the ball up and running plays, the Spurs were less attentive than they were with AI. 

On most nights, AI should be the leader and floor general, but when they play a strong defensive team like SA, they'd be better of using him as a decoy, to draw defenders away from the others. 

Unfortunately for the Nuggets, they aren't equipped to play that way for too long. In addition there was nothing the Nuggets could do to stop the Spurs from getting easy buckets.

Early on in the game the Nuggets started to get the Spurs starters in foul trouble.  I don't understand why they stopped doing that, only the refs could have stopped Duncan from controlling the game.  Loved those shots off the glass that Duncan threw in, practically automatic.

This was a good contest to warm up the Spurs to play the Suns.  Like the Nuggets, the Suns rely on a speedy point to start the offense.  Expect them to play Nash the way they did Iverson.  The Suns have more passers to rely on than the Nuggets did, and much greater depth, but if they can shut down Nash, the Suns will be slowed down enough to give the Spurs an edge.  The difference here will be on the boards.  If the Suns can get easy baskets by running, they will be a tougher challenge than the Nuggets.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »

11-22 Gm 1.  Okay that was good.  Next 3:
9-25
7-20
9-25  Thats 25-70 for GMs 2-3-4.
6-22 culmination.  Thats with hittin a few late buckets.
31-92 since Gm 1? :D
B-Rad cmon bring something to the table.  You can do better then that.

It's called making an adjustment.  The truly great ones all do it.
He should have went into assist mode.  Also many of his "great" drive n hoops in this series were obvious travels. 

Where to start, where to start....

First let's start at 'it's called making an adjustment and the truly great ones all do it'  Did you finally realize that Pop is a truly great coach instead of Popacement?  He made an adjustment and that is why AI didn't quite have the same success in those games.   The light bulb above your head is dim but at least we know it works.

Next, did you watch those games Reality?  Or are we playing Reality 2k7 NBA Box Score Madness on the Playstation 3?  While he didn't have an awesome shooting pct% his penetration was really getting into the Spurs defense.  Also, who was part of that big rally to cut game 2 close towards the end?  Who was getting into the paint and creating more plays then AI?  You watched all the games right...could you tell me?  Or maybe you want to check the box score and see how many more assists AI had then everyone else on the squad.

I guess AI was not hurting the Spurs....must have mixed him up like I mixed up Barry and Finley  ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:25:26 PM by westkoast »