Author Topic: Now THAT was a defensive clinic  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Now THAT was a defensive clinic
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
Jazz suffocated Houston last night, a classic display of letting the stars get theirs and totally shutting down the rest of the team, Okur was in Mings head all game, he still got his points (26) but he got worked the whole game and had to earn 16 of those at the stripe shooting only 6-14 from the floor. Not a single reserve scored and in fact, outside of Yao and McGrady, the rest of the team scored 17 points. This series isn't over and I think Sloans ball control style of play and massively disciplined defense can overcome Houston's double scoring threat, great win for Utah last night, proves that in playoffs, defense overcomes almost everything, which is why the Spurs will advance IMO.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Now THAT was a defensive clinic
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »
You would think with Yao's size that he would still have little trouble scoring on just about every trip down.  I don't know if mentally he is holding himself back or what.  He should be able to score 30 will ease.  Yet even after being in the league for a few years he still is too weak to properly dominate a game from his position.

Houston is not slouch on the defensive end either but they just have no answer for Boozer.  He is way too strong for anyone on that squad to deal with.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
can somebody explain how Houston got home court advantage despite being 5th while utah was ranked 4th...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:30:10 PM »
I can.  Houston got home court advantage because they had a better record.  Utah was 51-31 while Houston was 52-30.

Utah won their division, but since they had an inferior record Houston got the homecourt.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »
I can.  Houston got home court advantage because they had a better record.  Utah was 51-31 while Houston was 52-30.

Utah won their division, but since they had an inferior record Houston got the homecourt.

I thought in round one the division winner got the advantage despite having an inferior record.  After round one it's based on record.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:49:07 PM »
So did I.  Apparently not.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »
Changed last year, I think.  I believe one of the east coast matchups went that way last season.  Same thing is happening with Bulls/Heat this year...Chicago has homecourt.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues