Author Topic: Bob Horry lives  (Read 987 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bob Horry lives
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
Anyone see his swat of A.I.s breakaway?  Sweet.
2:43 left 3rd.  Manu gets ball swatted away by A.I., ball bounced to midcourt.  AI catches it on the run and breaks fullspeed for the hoop.  Tony cuts in front of him but is very careful not to foul*. 
AI takes 4 steps (literally) and jumps for the layup.  Bob had been hustling back on D behind AI and had him on radar all the way.  Timed the swat perfectly, ball caroomed off the backboard to Fabs near the top of the circle.  Fabs caught it and did an immediate "pitch" sideways to Parker who had since regained speed the other way.  Parker upcourt to Manu.  GNob fakes trey, Najera goes paratroopers club, GNob drives and lays it in. 

Huge play.  Big applause.

Bob has been bringing it in games one and two.  He had a Big Shot in GM 1 that kept the Spurs alive near the end.
25 solid minutes last night.  14 pts on .600 fga% with a great floor game O and D.

*agree lurker A.I.s pampering and whining after every drive is lame.  Also agree Denvers over the back crap on O is allowed.  All in all tho pretty well reffed game.  I did see Marshmello get rung up several times for his lame offensive elbows that he tries to cutesy smile off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:13:04 AM by Reality »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bob Horry lives
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »
AI is screaming because the refs are letting the Spurs foul him and aren't calling it.  There were a number of plays where the refs swallowed their whistle.  This is a part of the playoffs- the refs tolerate a bit more.

The refs have to find a balance between "letting them play" and preventing things from getting out of hand.  AI has a slightly different idea about what should be than the refs do.

The difference between Baron and AI is that AI knows when not to push it. And AI probably gets a bit more leeway because of who he is.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
Gotta love Robert Horry.  Even after people would consider him at the very end of his career he is still making contributions as a big time playoff role player. 

No mention of Fabs Reality?  The guys at half time said he played a pretty good supporting role last night.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D26-h9cQlpE

Vintage Bob in case anyone missed it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 07:00:21 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D26-h9cQlpE

Vintage Bob in case anyone missed it.

That two minute stretch was the ONLY part of the game I watched, I KNEW it was over after watching that.  Denver better get their fishing gear ready.  AI is too much of a punk, no practive, no decipline, no work ethic, to go all the way anymore unless somebody caries him.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"