Author Topic: Player will publicly declare gaydom.  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Player will publicly declare gaydom.
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:25:10 PM »
Publicist Howard Bragman, from a Los Angeles-based company called Fifteen Minutes, was spreading the word at the Leigh Steinberg Super Bowl party Saturday that a former NBA player he represents will be announcing publicly that he is gay on Valentine's Day. Bragman would say only that the player has been retired for about three years and was not a member of the Bulls or the Nets. He added that the player was not a prominent name in the NBA. The player also has a book that will be released in conjunction with his public disclosure.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070205mitchell,1,3636965.column?coll=cs-bears-utility Word on the Street section.
  Far right guy?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Player will publicly declare gaydom.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

I heard it is the far left guy.  Manu seems to agree by the "what are you doing there is a court full of guys" look on his face
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:22:51 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
I heard it is the far left guy.  Manu seems to agree by the "what are you doing there is a court full of guys" look on his face
Making stuff up has never stopped you before...

Bragman would say only that the player has been retired for about three years

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »
Making stuff up has never stopped you before...

Bragman would say only that the player has been retired for about three years

I am not sure what is more funny Reality, you calling me out for making things up while at the same time making up Karl Malone as the person or you being worried about what a basketball players sexual preference is.

Maybe the thing that is even more funny then both is the fact that just a few days ago you said Karl Malone sexually harassed "Kobeme"'s wife yet managed to let that slip out of your melon.   For some reason I don't think a gay man would be trying to go after a woman like that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:16:23 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »
westkoast
I am not sure what is more funny Reality, you calling me out for making things up while at the same time making up Karl Malone as the person or you being worried about what a basketball players sexual preference is.
I'm not sure which is sadder, your *calling out* someone by falsely accusing them of being a liar, then having your accusation proved false by not only the printed page but a radio interview saved to pod.  Result you skirt off into the West Hollywood Hills for accountability.  :D  :-\ yet still have the gall to show up and spout?

westkoast
Maybe the thing that is even more funny then both is the fact that just a few days ago you said Karl Malone sexually harassed "Kobeme"'s wife yet managed to let that slip out of your melon.   For some reason I don't think a gay man would be trying to go after a woman like that.
It's an NBA discussion board.  That a player is taking the route of publicly announcing along with a book, ya that is news to me.
Now as to whether or not it is Malone, i certainly never said.  As to his possibly playing both fields, maybe he was confused and it took a while of being in L.A. and a Laker to declare.  Or maybe it wasn't him.  I simply quoted the article and posted the pic and asked.  Never stated it was Malone for a fact.  The photo is kind of gay to me, ven if done in jest.  Maybe not you. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:21:37 AM by Reality »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »
Who cares?

So what if the player (whoever he is, is gay?) 

Why is he announcing it, is he looking for more dates?  Or trying to break into show-business?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
ESPN is reporting that it's John Amaechi.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2757105
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »
westkoast
I'm not sure which is sadder, your *calling out* someone by falsely accusing them of being a liar, then having your accusation proved false by not only the printed page but a radio interview saved to pod.  Result you skirt off into the West Hollywood Hills for accountability.  :D  :-\ yet still have the gall to show up and spout?

What the hell are you talking about?  I did accuse you of being a liar because Pop said the exact opposite monday morning.  Did my quote prove that he said otherwise?  It did!  So don't come crying to me, go cry cuz Pop said two different things on two different occasions.

Not sure why that means I cannot comment on your obsession with finding out who the gay ball player might be...as if this is the one and only.

Sounds funny to me that you would be worried about a players sexuality.  Toss on top of that you were aching for it to somehow be related to the Lakers.

Now as to whether or not it is Malone, i certainly never said.  As to his possibly playing both fields, maybe he was confused and it took a while of being in L.A. and a Laker to declare.  Or maybe it wasn't him.  I simply quoted the article and posted the pic and asked.  Never stated it was Malone for a fact.  The photo is kind of gay to me, ven if done in jest.  Maybe not you. 

You certainly never said?  Do you really think you can get away with that one Reality?  You said you think it's Karl Malone in your very first post.

Maybe you should be taking a trip to west hollywood since you seem to be so worried about other peoples sexuality. 

Don't get mad cuz this thread backfired and made you look like an idiot.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
You certainly never said?  Do you really think you can get away with that one Reality?  You said you think it's Karl Malone in your very first post.

Maybe you should be taking a trip to west hollywood since you seem to be so worried about other peoples sexuality. 

B-Rad, as always i will stand by my posts and not your twisty version.
My 1st post stands on its own, asking if it's Malone who retired circa 2004, not stating it is Malone.  See the exact quote?  Or would that make any difference with you? :D

Espn and in short time all the other major media outlets are also "obsessed" with this news.  Apparantly JoeV is too.
"Few other men's professional major sport athletes have announced they are gay. Among them are football player Esera Tuaolo, baseball player Billy Bean and baseball umpire Dave Pallone." -espn.

rt as you can see the announcment coincides with the book release.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 02:26:54 PM »
My 1st post stands on its own, asking if it's Malone who retired circa 2004, not stating it is Malone.  See the exact quote?  Or would that make any difference with you?

Can't let you get away with this one, Reality let's go back and revisit your post:

Publicist Howard Bragman, from a Los Angeles-based company called Fifteen Minutes, was spreading the word at the Leigh Steinberg Super Bowl party Saturday that a former NBA player he represents will be announcing publicly that he is gay on Valentine's Day. Bragman would say only that the player has been retired for about three years and was not a member of the Bulls or the Nets. He added that the player was not a prominent name in the NBA. The player also has a book that will be released in conjunction with his public disclosure.

...then you ask:

Far right guy?

So, I have to ask Reality, do you honestly think that Karl Malone was NOT a prominent name in the NBA?
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »

B-Rad, as always i will stand by my posts and not your twisty version.
My 1st post stands on its own, asking if it's Malone who retired circa 2004, not stating it is Malone.  See the exact quote?  Or would that make any difference with you? :D

Espn and in short time all the other major media outlets are also "obsessed" with this news.  Apparantly JoeV is too.
"Few other men's professional major sport athletes have announced they are gay. Among them are football player Esera Tuaolo, baseball player Billy Bean and baseball umpire Dave Pallone." -espn.

rt as you can see the announcment coincides with the book release.

Reality, gimmie a break on the twisting.  You clearly were pegging Karl Malone with the picture and what you said.  It was more then just putting it out there to ask if you had to hunt down a picture from the 2003 season.

If you want we can toss out there you told me to do a better job of reading...but if you view Skandery's post you seemed to forget to read the part where it was not a famous player.

Simply put this is yet another installement in the epic novel titled 'Grown Man's obsession with the Los Angeles Lakers'

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »
My 1st post stands on its own, asking if it's Malone who retired circa 2004, not stating it is Malone.  See the exact quote?  Or would that make any difference with you?

Can't let you get away with this one, Reality let's go back and revisit your post:

...then you ask:

Far right guy?

So, I have to ask Reality, do you honestly think that Karl Malone was NOT a prominent name in the NBA?
It's probably not Malone.  He is too puffed up with himself and what he hopes his image is (macho power forward when in reality it was cheapshot).

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
Reality, gimmie a break on the twisting.  You clearly were pegging Karl Malone with the picture and what you said.  It was more then just putting it out there to ask if you had to hunt down a picture from the 2003 season.

If you want we can toss out there you told me to do a better job of reading...but if you view Skandery's post you seemed to forget to read the part where it was not a famous player.
If you have a relationship with Malone I am certainly not trying to peg it.  You are very defensive about this.  That the photo is from 2003 would seem to strengthen the possibility of Malone, but certainly not weaken it.  Not sure why you bring that up.

I don't think Malone is a prominent NBA player, but he certainly was.  And yes i think the news bite would have made much more of it had it been Malone and certainly an ex Laker announcing his gayness would be a slight surprise.

Anywho as Joe posted it will be announced as John Ameche.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »

If you have a relationship with Malone I am certainly not trying to peg it.  You are very defensive about this.  That the photo is from 2003 would seem to strengthen the possibility of Malone, but certainly not weaken it.  Not sure why you bring that up.

I don't think Malone is a prominent NBA player, but he certainly was.  And yes i think the news bite would have made much more of it had it been Malone and certainly an ex Laker announcing his gayness would be a slight surprise.

Anywho as Joe posted it will be announced as John Ameche.

lol @ your pathetic attempt to save face and try to pin that as anything but me pointing out for the 190278312938 time that you in fact are a moron.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
lol @ your pathetic attempt to save face and try to pin that as anything but me pointing out for the 190278312938 time that you in fact are a moron.

I'll catch you on the other thread nuttless wonder.