Author Topic: Melo not on the ALL-STAR team!?  (Read 1691 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Melo not on the ALL-STAR team!?
« on: February 02, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »
It's not definite since Stern will name substitutes for injured all stars.  Still though, Carmello deserves more respect than that, IMO.  The guy is leading the league in scoring after all!

I kind of hope he doesn't get in.  It will provide extra motivation.  When they go to Phoenix AI, will nudge him and say "D'antonio dissed you man, didn't even select you for the all-start team.  Let's make sure he regrets that.  Put up 50 tonight!"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Melo not on the ALL-STAR team!?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:13:15 PM »
It's not definite since Stern will name substitutes for injured all stars.  Still though, Carmello deserves more respect than that, IMO.  The guy is leading the league in scoring after all!

I kind of hope he doesn't get in.  It will provide extra motivation.  When they go to Phoenix AI, will nudge him and say "D'antonio dissed you man, didn't even select you for the all-start team.  Let's make sure he regrets that.  Put up 50 tonight!"

Sorry, Rick, but D'Antonio isn't who chooses the reserves.  All of the coaches in the league vote for the reserves.  And they must vote for 2 guards, 2 forwards, a center, and 2 "at-large" players.  Obviously the coaches felt that there were more desrving forwards than him.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »

Sorry, Rick, but D'Antonio isn't who chooses the reserves.  All of the coaches in the league vote for the reserves.  And they must vote for 2 guards, 2 forwards, a center, and 2 "at-large" players.  Obviously the coaches felt that there were more desrving forwards than him.

Well considering he missed 15 games I think you can somewhat justify it.  He missed a chunk of games during the time when voting is heavy and players performances during that stretch really have an effect.  Missing 30-40% of the games before the all-star break should hurt your chances.  Not that missing 90% like Shaq did had an effect.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »

I didn't know that, but it's even better that way.  Melo can take it out on all of them!

Being out 15 games for a suspension means something, but the guy was a monster prior to that, and put up more points than anybody.  I find it hard to believe that the players picked ahead of him are all there on merit.  Do you think  Carlos Boozer and Shawn Marion more deserving? 

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tell me, just WHO is better than Shaq, still?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »
Hey wk!!!

I caught that snide aside about "The Big Aristotle" getting in the ASG and 'Melo getting clowned...you forget that I am here to get Shaq's back!

This very much reminds me of some of the old MSNBC discussions...I remember once before when discussing Kareem's long career, some posters claimed Kareem hung around far too long.  While in the end that may have been true (but hey - after financial reverses, he needed the $$$), right up until his late 30s Abdul-Jabbar was still the premier center of his time.  The same goes for Shaquille O'Neal - even in his current disabled physical condition, he is still the class of the league at the center position.  And the fact of the matter is that his election to the All-Star team verifies that the fans in general are aware of this!

Carmelo Anthony is paying the price for his overzealous acts...I don't feel anything for him being excluded from the All-Star Game.  Did Kareem make the All-Star Game the year (1978) he slugged Kent Benson?  No free passes, 'Melo.

Speaking of 'The Daddy', here's a link about his latest antics from the WaPo.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/01/AR2007020101675.html?nav=hcmodule

Shaquille's star still shines the brightest in the NBA galaxy.

- RB
Shaq #1
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:27:39 PM by Rolando Blackman »
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »

I didn't know that, but it's even better that way.  Melo can take it out on all of them!

Being out 15 games for a suspension means something, but the guy was a monster prior to that, and put up more points than anybody.  I find it hard to believe that the players picked ahead of him are all there on merit.  Do you think  Carlos Boozer and Shawn Marion more deserving? 

Well considering Boozer is hurt now, no.  Injury aside?  HELL YES.  The guy is one of the main reasons why Utah is sitting towards the top of the NBA right now.  Cool Melo scored alot...Boozer's team was winning alot.

Shawn Marion is a key contributor to a team that has put together back to back 15+ win streaks this season...I would say yes to him also.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com