Author Topic: Trade proposal Parker JOneal Gasol  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trade proposal Parker JOneal Gasol
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »
koast,

Parker is the best defensive point guard in the league?  I disagree with that statement -- Kidd, even at this point in his career, is a better defensive PG than Parker.  Don't you remember what Harris did to him in the playoffs?  Parker plays decent defense but that's about it -- it's just right now, there aren't a lot of PG's that are defensive stoppers in the league today -- personally, I'd take Hindrich defensively over Parker.

However, trading JO for Parker is so stupid most people wouldn't even start the thread -- much less try and defend it.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
koast,

Parker is the best defensive point guard in the league?  I disagree with that statement -- Kidd, even at this point in his career, is a better defensive PG than Parker.  Don't you remember what Harris did to him in the playoffs?  Parker plays decent defense but that's about it -- it's just right now, there aren't a lot of PG's that are defensive stoppers in the league today -- personally, I'd take Hindrich defensively over Parker.

However, trading JO for Parker is so stupid most people wouldn't even start the thread -- much less try and defend it.

I never said he was the best defensive point guard in the league.  In fact I think I said Kidd was a much better defender a few times.  I also said I don't believe he is even top 3 at his position, let alone the best defender.  Heinrich is a good defender but again, he cannot get into the paint or finish half as good as Tony Parker can.  He also has 0 expierence in the later rounds of the playoffs.

What I am saying is, he plays good enough defense and knows exactly how Pop wants him to handle pg pengeration...he wants them to be pushed to specific spots on the floor.  Parker has been able to do that successfully for years now.

As for the Devin Harris comment, #1 Parker has ankle problems last year #2 How do you expect Parker to guard Harris, who is very quick,  after chasing around Jason Terry who can score with the best of them at that position?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 11:32:36 AM »
This is a funny thread, funny in a really STUPID kind of sense.

If Tony was reliable in the playoffs from the perimeter there would be no discussion of trading Parker because the Spurs would have run off three strait titles after the Lakers dynasty came crumbling down. 

It sure is.  
If Kobe Bryant was two feet taller, the Lakers would have run off not only two straight titles but probably two more.
If Brian Cook made every shot, they probably would have beaten the Spurs in '03.
If Derek Fisher got not only flop calls but made every perimeter shot he tried, they probably would have extended their dynasty.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »
This is a funny thread, funny in a really STUPID kind of sense.

If Tony was reliable in the playoffs from the perimeter there would be no discussion of trading Parker because the Spurs would have run off three strait titles after the Lakers dynasty came crumbling down. 

It sure is.  
If Kobe Bryant was two feet taller, the Lakers would have run off not only two straight titles but probably two more.
If Brian Cook made every shot, they probably would have beaten the Spurs in '03.
If Derek Fisher got not only flop calls but made every perimeter shot he tried, they probably would have extended their dynasty.

If Kobe was two feet taller he would be 8'6....

His knee injury would have taken forever to heal this year....

He would not have the same speed or mobility being one of the tallent men in the world....

No one else on the Lakers team would be able to dominate the perimeter to help Kobe out in the post.....

If Dallas would have hit all of their shots last year in the finals they would have won.  If the Lakers hit all their shots against the Pistons with Malone/Payton they would have won.  If....If....If.....This applies to every single game EVER.  If X hit all his shots they would have won.  See this once again proves that defense wins it all.  There is no such thing as always hitting your shots but there is such thing as being able to always play good defense.

If Tom Brady would have completed all of his passes he would be in the Super Bowl.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:52:53 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com