Author Topic: Trade proposal Parker JOneal Gasol  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Trade proposal Parker JOneal Gasol
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »
This idea was propposed.  I like it.  Seems like the Grizzles get hozed tho.

Three team deal with the Spurs, Pacers and Grizzlies

Spurs send Parker and Barry to Memphis
Pacers send O'Neal to San Antonio and Shawne Williams to Memphis
Grizzlies send Gasol and Warrick to Indiana

In the End
San Antonio
Loses Parker and Barry
Gets O'Neal

Pacers
Loses O'Neal and Shawne Williams
Get Warrick and Gasol

Grizzlies
Lose Gasol
Get Parker and Barry and Shawne Williams

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trade proposal Parker JOneal Gasol
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:34:30 PM »
From Spurs view:

WHY?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »
Actually the Pacers and Grizz could just do this trade with each other, no need for 3rd party Spurs..

Why should the Spurs acquire JOneal?  Are you really asking this or do you mean how could we part with Parker?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
Actually both.

Parker is one of the best young PG in the league.  The Spurs have struggled for 3 years to find a solid backup for him so who would they use to start in his place.  Especially in a league that has moved the rules towards favoring quick perimeter players.

Also why would they want JO?  He duplicates the position of their best player.  He already is complaining about touches in Indy and he won't be the primary offensive threat in SA.

Bottom line:  Spurs are looking to get more athletic at the swing spots.  They also keep looking for a dependable backup PG.  So they are going to trade away 2 of the best 4 players in their backcourt to get a player that will duplicate the position at which they already have the best player in the league.

WHY?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
From Spurs view:

WHY?

That is exactly what I am wondering.  Is this an attempt to re-create the Twin Towers?!

The other question is, okay so you have the new version of the twin towers.....what happened to the dribble penetration and who do you get who is quick enough to stay close enough with the other PGs in the league?

Parker is no Jason Kidd on defense but he does play solid team defense.  If he did not then this team would not be as good as it is on defense.  Parker is quick enough to push guards to the baseline or into positions on the floor that Pop wants to funnel players to.  I don't see any other PG who can do that and that get into the paint to finish/pass as well as Tony Parker.

If they were going to give Tony Parker up (which would be dumb IMO) then they should get a more athletic swing player.  A Josh Howard would be a nice.  Heck, even Devin Brown at this point would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:15:22 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »
Defense.  How would a JOneal Elson TD frontline be on defense and rebounding?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 11:24:27 PM »
Defense.  How would a JOneal Elson TD frontline be on defense and rebounding?

Reality, Take a deep breath and repeat after me.  I am not Bob Whitsett, I am not Bob Whitsett, I am not Bob Whitsett.

Feel better now? 
Have you come to your senses now?
If not say repeat after me again

Fire Pop and hire Marty, Fire Pop and hire Marty, Fire Pop and hire Marty.

Starting to make sense now?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »
Ha. :)  It's getting worse.
Did you see the Spurs lead by 21 in the 3rd only to squeek by the Celts tonight?
and....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:55:44 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »
Ha. :)  It's getting worse.
Did you see the Spurs lead by 21 in the 3rd only to squeek by the Celts tonight?

And how do you think the game would have gone with Beno & Jacque Vaughn running the offense for the entire night?
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »
Jacque Vaughn we will never know since Pop acquired him to crust on the bench.
And if you say he belongs there, why acquire him.  Ditto EWilliams.
Replace Finleys* 0-6 treys with JOneals 11-19 with 12 baords.  Yeah, Spurs win by 15.

*For the love of Pete tell me how Finley got 26 minutes last night?  Oh yeah, his D?
Barry was 8-11 and 5-6 treys the night before. Started out 2-2 on treys.  Got pulled while Findawg stayed in. :D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 11:21:48 AM »
Finley got minutes because he DOES play better team defense than Barry.  Scoring 20 points while letting your opponent also score 20 will not win the game.  Since you watched the game I am sure you saw Finley get more rebounds, block a couple shots, and still outscore Barry in just 4 extra minutes on the floor.  In short, Finley does more than just score.  Barry is just Steve Kerr's replacement...a long range shooter.  Also you cannot play just 5 or 6 guys the entire game.  There is a reason that bench play is important and that most teams use a 7-9 man rotation.

Vaughn was brought in because Pop likes to have 3 PGs on the roster.  Sort of an insurance thing.  But then I shouldn't be explaining this to someone who is such a strong Spurs fan.

And I am not sure how JO would have got the points and rebounds.  Unless you take away some of Duncan's stats.  In which case I would rather have Duncan on the floor.  And without a ball handler to bring it up court posting up 3 guys in the paint accomplishes nothing.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »
Vaughn was brought in because Pop likes to have 3 PGs on the roster.  Sort of an insurance thing.  But then I shouldn't be explaining this to someone who is such a strong Spurs fan.

Whoa boy we're back to Dodgeball.  Well after doing the Parker for JOneal trade i have just acquired Earl Watson for Beno EWilliams and Finley.

Barry is a wash on O and D yet I'm still waiting for the explaination how Spurs won in 2005 with Barry and the other guy you diss Nazr on the floor together!  So now the Spurs *hid* 2/5ths of their lineup? 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »

Whoa boy we're back to Dodgeball.  Well after doing the Parker for JOneal trade i have just acquired Earl Watson for Beno EWilliams and Finley.

So now you have traded all of your backcourt players EXCEPT Ginobili for Watson & JO.  When Watson (who isn't a legit starter) or Manu gets tired then who plays?  Who backups the SF spot?  So you like this roster:
PG: Watson, Vaughn
SG: Ginobili
SF: Bowen
PF: Duncan, JO, Horry, Bonner, Butler
C: Elson, Oberto

You are quickly losing any semblance of reasonableness that can be attributed to your rantings.

Barry is a wash on O and D yet I'm still waiting for the explaination how Spurs won in 2005 with Barry and the other guy you diss Nazr on the floor together!  So now the Spurs *hid* 2/5ths of their lineup? 

And I am waiting for you to actually say something worthwhile to prove you actually know the team you claim to follow.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »

??? ???

The Spurs won the 2005 title because of Barry and Nazr?!?!#@$)(@!

And just for arguments sake I think Watson is a quality PG but not quite the PG that is going to fill the void left by Parker.  I really do not see any PGs in the league that can quite effectively fill the role he plays on this squad.  You can't pick up a Nash or Kidd because their styles are much different then what the Spurs play (plus they are older).  You can't put a Watson, Miller type PG in there because they are lacking something Parker has...Watson can play D but he cannot get to the rim as well as Parker, Miller cannot defend as well as Parker.

Pretty much, no matter what is said about Tony's jumper, his inability to dominate in the playoffs, etc...he still is the perfect player to fill the role at that position for this team.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:56:59 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »
So now you have traded all of your backcourt players EXCEPT Ginobili for Watson & JO.  When Watson (who isn't a legit starter) or Manu gets tired then who plays?  Who backups the SF spot?  So you like this roster:
PG: Watson, Barry/Vaughn
SG: Ginobili, Barry, distant 3rd Finley (Seattle rejected taking him)
SF: JO Bowen Horry
PF: Duncan, JO, Horry, Bonner, Butler
C: Elson, Oberto

Title #4 under GM Reality

[/quote]  And I am waiting for you to actually say something worthwhile to prove you actually know the team you claim to follow.  [/quote]
bok bok bok bok Bagawk! >>
Barry is a wash on O and D yet I'm still waiting for the explaination how Spurs won in 2005 with Barry and the other guy you diss Nazr on the floor together!  So now the Spurs *hid* 2/5ths of their lineup?