Author Topic: Who would you replace Marty Stottenheimer with?  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who would you replace Marty Stottenheimer with?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
Dolphins offered Cam Cameron the vacant Head Coaching position.

I get why they brought back Marty, now, A.J. Smith didn't want to get into a bidding war with Huizenga (the lunatic).
No comprendo.  You mean if Marty was let go, Cameron would be the replacement choice  #1 and thus bidding war with Huizenga?
meh, let him go (he went) to the Dophins.  What's done is done, it's now Martyball for 2007 season.

Skandery how many top head coaching prospect would drool at the opportunity for the Chargers roster?  Now that Marty is retained, how many should and must be drooling at op to be O coordinator?  Some talk about recievers coach James Lofton.  Way too many screw ups by recievers, and I'm talkin reg season as well as playoffs.  Also in large part his call to have Parker be a starting wide out both in reg season and playoffs.  Nope, i don't want him even as recievers coach anymore, let alone O coordinator.

Bring on the Boise State dude or Skandery give me some names now that Pittsburgs Whitesitt is head at Arizona.
Local media sites these current in house candidates:

Replacing Cam
A look at possible internal candidates for the Chargers offensive coordinator job:

Rob Chudzinski: Tight ends coach was Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator for five games in 2004. “Chud” was the coordinator at the University of Miami from 2001-03.

James Lofton: deleted

John Ramsdell: The quarterbacks coach just completed his first season with the Chargers, but many consider him to be among the brightest offensive thinkers and teachers around.

Clarence Shelmon: Running backs coach thought of highly by NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson and others. He has also been running backs coach in Dallas, Seattle and for the L.A. Rams in 16 seasons as an assistant.