Author Topic: Riley taking a leave of absence.  (Read 1403 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Riley taking a leave of absence.
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:24:33 PM »
Apparently Rile's leg problems are so severe that he is stepping away from the team for an indefinite period. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Riley taking a leave of absence.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
This is a bummer for the Heat.  I hope Riles has a quick recovery and is able to return to the game soon.  As a kid growing up in the LA in the 80's it's tough to imagine the NBA without him involved in some capacity. 

On top of that, I read today that the Heat deactivated Antione Walker and James Posey becuase they didn't meet the teams pre-established "conditioning goals". 

Tough season so far for the Heat.  The funny thing is if Shaq can come back and stay healthy and in shape (relatively) they will still have a shot at representing the East in the finals.  Of course, at this point, I'm not so sure UCLA couldn't make it out of the East this year!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:04:24 PM »
TNT stated Shaq is at or under 330lbs despite his lack of playing.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »

Don't believe it but it is all blubber right now and not muscle.  You should know as a LA resident how many times we were lied to about his weight.

That sucks that Riley is out.  This is a big blow to the team from a confidence stand point.  This team is not the same team with him not out there on the court with them.  Does anyone know if he is away from the team in practice also?    When your coach is put on IR you know your team is in bad shape!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »

Don't believe it but it is all blubber right now and not muscle.  You should know as a LA resident how many times we were lied to about his weight.

That sucks that Riley is out.  This is a big blow to the team from a confidence stand point.  This team is not the same team with him not out there on the court with them.  Does anyone know if he is away from the team in practice also?    When your coach is put on IR you know your team is in bad shape!

The problem first started showing up in practice, he had to take cortosine shots just to be able to attend practice.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"