Author Topic: Who has the best basketball team in L.A.?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Who has the best basketball team in L.A.?
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:37 AM »
Excluding the Sparks, who has the best basketball team in L.A.?

Lakers seem to have a better team despite the Clippers having better and more abundant talent.  Aside from Kobe the Clippers have better talent at every position, so why do I get the feeling that the Clippers are second best in L.A.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Who has the best basketball team in L.A.?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »
You get that feeling because Sam Cassell is in his second year with the Clippers.  Cassell in his first year - good.  Cassell in his second year - poisonous to team chemistry.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »
Phil Jackson >>>> Dunleavy.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
Its weird, the Clippers started off somewhat strong.  The bounced a few of the top teams in the west.  Then towards the end of Nov they started to skid badly.

On paper the Clips looked to have a better team but as the season started it changed quick.  Kaman has taken two steps back, Brand is tired, Cassell's back only gets worse plus he lost a step, and they are not playing all that well at home.

No contest on the best LA team...check the stats, the record, the fan support, etc
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
Its weird, the Clippers started off somewhat strong.  The bounced a few of the top teams in the west.  Then towards the end of Nov they started to skid badly.

On paper the Clips looked to have a better team but as the season started it changed quick.  Kaman has taken two steps back, Brand is tired, Cassell's back only gets worse plus he lost a step, and they are not playing all that well at home.

No contest on the best LA team...check the stats, the record, the fan support, etc

In all fairness to Magette and Kaman, they are both playing hurt.  I'm afraid Brand is going to get driven into the ground and will be spent by the time the playoffs come around.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »

In all fairness to Magette and Kaman, they are both playing hurt.  I'm afraid Brand is going to get driven into the ground and will be spent by the time the playoffs come around.

I don't think the trade rumors helped either.  Kaman and Magette are playing hurt so I have cut them slack but getting throttled by 20+ in back to back games with the Spurs is not acceptable.

IMO he is already being driven into the ground.  He is putting up very impressive numbers but there is only so much one guy can do.  It is not fair to expect him to patrol the paint, rebound, and be the #1 scorer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com