Author Topic: Where does Mo figure in this / and Igs  (Read 828 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Where does Mo figure in this / and Igs
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:45:50 AM »
Sixers.  On the positive side, temporary or not, Igs now will be getting more shots.  I like that.  Responded tonight with
8-13 f.g.s for 19/5/5.
Tell me about the last 30 seconds 6ers vs Orlando, it sounds badd.
Anywho i forsee minimum 12-15 shots per night for Ig every night A.I. sits out.  Right?

Mo.  Your stance on Mo having anything to do with A.I. departure. No i dont mean he caused it.  I mean just where exactly do you figure Mo in all of this.  I know Portland was dysfunctional, but I just see Mo as a go with the crowd-players run him not vice versa.
Maybe he is too much like a buddy to them and not an authority figure?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where does Mo figure in this / and Igs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:01:51 PM »
rt and that other moderator guy who watches the 6ers,
Igs went on a 3-4 game streak of consistent 14 shot attempts or so.

Last night vs Boston what is up with MeWbber and Korver combining for 7-31 while Igs was 4-8?

Once again Here's lookin at you Mo.
Or was Igs double-tripled the whole time?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
Andre Iguodala scored a career-high 31 points and had nine assists to help Philadelphia beat the Boston Celtics 98-83 on Friday night, just hours after the trade of their troubled superstar became official.

Iguodala topped the career high of 27 points he hit twice in the previous five games as the Sixers adjust to life since Iverson was banished on Dec. 8.

27,27 31.  All career highs.
I don't put all this on A.I.s departure.  Like Mo could not have gotten Igs more shots when A.I. was still around?  Don't go blaming A.I. either.
Still looking at you Mo.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:41:53 AM »
IMO, you can blame Ig's lack of shots on AI.  Andre has all the skills to be a superior player in the league, the only thing holding him back was that AI would take all of the available shots.

Being younger and less experienced and more of a complete all around player, Andre deferred to AI.  Without him around, Andre is forced into trying to make things happen.  As he continues, he will develop greater confidence in his abilities and teamates.

You could argue that MO should have forced Allen to share the ball, but when he was putting up 7-9 assists a night, it's hard to blame him for being so selfish.  If your AI, and no-one is open, you break down the defense, you don't pass it to another player.

I'd be worried about the Sixers starting to win, but last night the Celtics were without Paul Pierce and Wally.  No worries, the lottery pick is in our sights with the worst record in the league.  A long stinking season awaits.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
It's not directly Iverson's fault.  It's just a clashing of their games.  Both players work best handling the ball a lot.