Author Topic: Top guy in Philly confirms AI is GONE!  (Read 10943 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Top guy in Philly confirms AI is GONE!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 02:00:33 PM »
Rumor has it GoldenState is offering Biedrins + Davis.  Sixers should jump on that now

Not a bad combo if Davis stays healthy.  Question is with The Warriors playing decent ball, do they want to go that direction?  IMO AI on that team still does not make it a serious contender in the western conference.

I also disagree AI would be a better player for the Spurs.  On their own AI is a better play maker, both better scoring and passing to others, however I don't think he would fit quite the same as TP does.  TP knows the system, grew up in the system, and has done very well for this team since 3 games into his rookie season.  AI doesn't know the system, he grew up playing in his own system, and has not been a key part of any championship teams.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 02:07:32 PM »
Lurker, that's just posturing by the Spurs.  Parker will never, ever be as good as AI. 

While I don't agree with that rt, i completely agree the Spurs should pounce on an AI for Parker trade. 
With the stupid salary match requirement you would have to throw in a lot of scrubs, but you ain't getting Top 20 Gnobili, no way.

Isn't the salary match junk due to expire or be modified?

You know, this is funny -- Manu is the #3 option on his team but he is a top 20 player?  Let's see -- Parker isn't a top 20 player -- so that would mean Manu isn't either!

As for the Spurs jumping on AI?  Please -- the Spurs DON'T need AI!  The team that takes AI is a team that NEEDS to take a risk in perhaps getting to either become a premier team or help them become the title favorite.  The Spurs are already one of the title favorites -- why mess that up with a player who has been known to create team chemistry problems?  

And Rick, AI doesn't have 4 or 5 more years better than Parker, IMO.  Maybe 2 or 3 -- and I still wouldn't pull that trade and I don't even LIKE the Spurs!!!   ;D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »
I can't figure out what GState would do this for.

Monta Ellis (sic?)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »
I even LIKE the Spurs!!!  

Time to start printing up the flyers.  Randy has come to his senses.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »
You know, this is funny -- Manu is the #3 option on his team but he is a top 20 player?  Let's see -- Parker isn't a top 20 player -- so that would mean Manu isn't either!

As for the Spurs jumping on AI?  Please -- the Spurs DON'T need AI!.... The Spurs are already one of the title favorites -- why mess that up with a player who has been known to create team chemistry problems?  

End of Games Manu is the Spurs #1 option.  Spurs were the heavy favorites last season.  How did that turn out?
Chemisty "problems"?  Yeah like he might tell Pop to take his too often stagnated offense and put it where the sun doesn't shine.  I doubt any of the other Spurs have.
Lastly this load of choad about A.I. not being a team player/good passer.  Not worthy of response.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 02:58:40 PM »
End of Games Manu is the Spurs #1 option. 

Reality...do you understand basketball as it relates to the Spurs?

At the end of games Duncan is the #1 option.  Period.  End of discussion.  Unfortunately he cannot inbounds the ball, pass it to himself on the low block and still hit the clutch shot.

Ginobili is the player that Pop entrusts to get the ball 1) to Duncan, 2) to the next open player, 3) to take the clutch shot.  In simple terms Ginobili is the initiator of the offense in clutch end of game situations.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 03:18:47 PM »
End of Games Manu is the Spurs #1 option. 

Reality...do you understand basketball as it relates to the Spurs?

At the end of games Duncan is the #1 option.  Period.  End of discussion.  Unfortunately he cannot inbounds the ball, pass it to himself on the low block and still hit the clutch shot.

Ginobili is the player that Pop entrusts to get the ball 1) to Duncan, 2) to the next open player, 3) to take the clutch shot.  In simple terms Ginobili is the initiator of the offense in clutch end of game situations.

Naw i think its like 50/50 now.  I do not think Manu "has" to look for Duncan 1st every single time.  Of course he looks for him.  But with Hack-A-Duncan being very effective, Manu has more freedom at the end of the game.  Det Finals he bounces it out to Bob Horry for the momentous 3-2 lead.
I pretty much agree with your characterization. 

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »
I even LIKE the Spurs!!!  

Time to start printing up the flyers.  Randy has come to his senses.

Hmm, still only reading every other word in posts, huh?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 03:24:04 PM »

As for the Spurs jumping on AI?  Please -- the Spurs DON'T need AI!.... The Spurs are already one of the title favorites -- why mess that up with a player who has been known to create team chemistry problems?  

End of Games Manu is the Spurs #1 option.  Spurs were the heavy favorites last season.  How did that turn out?
Chemisty "problems"?  Yeah like he might tell Pop to take his too often stagnated offense and put it where the sun doesn't shine.  I doubt any of the other Spurs have.
Lastly this load of choad about A.I. not being a team player/good passer.  Not worthy of response.

this post makes as much sense as the one I initiated about TD playing at 18' from the basket -- the question is, "are you serious?"  Manu is the #1 option?  Perhaps if TD is out of the game! 

In fact, I'd say that this is perhaps the area that really bothers me about Manu -- he will push the issue and make stupid decisions because he gets focused on his own gameplan too much.  He reminds me of Kobe in that area -- the difference is that Kobe can still make it happen!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »
In fact, I'd say that this is perhaps the area that really bothers me about Manu -- he will push the issue and make stupid decisions because he gets focused on his own gameplan too much.  He reminds me of Kobe in that area -- the difference is that Kobe can still make it happen!

This wouldn't be so funny if you weren't being so serious.  Maybe if you would watch more than 1/2 of a Spurs game every 3 years you could discuss the team at least halfway intelligently.

BTW if you want to compare Kobe & Manu try this....
Kobe                Manu

PPG 26.2             14.6
RPG 4.8                4.4   
APG 4.6                3.7
SPG 1.44              1.44
BPG .22                 .39
FG% .480              .450
FT% .845              .889
3P% .346              .418
MPG 38.0               26.9

WOW!  In 70% of the minutes the Spurs #3 option is doing better in almost every category except points per game compared to the Lakers superstar.  Not bad for a 3rd tier CBA reject.

-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 04:26:20 PM »
WOW!  In 70% of the minutes the Spurs #3 option is doing better in almost every category except points per game compared to the Lakers superstar.

Your ability to utilize and/or understand basic math is truely sad.

Let's Texass it down for y'all.  Ali the aligator opens his mouth ( < or > ) to the bigger number....mmmmmkay.

PPG 26.2 > 14.6
RPG 4.8 > 4.4   
APG 4.6 > 3.7
SPG 1.44 = 1.44
BPG .22 < .39
FG% .480 > .450
FT% .845 < .889
3P% .346 < .418
MPG 38.0 > 26.9

Hmmmm, let's see, we have 4 ( > ) Ali aligators eating Kobe's numbers and 3 ( < ) Ali aligators eating Manu's numbers with one being equal and minutes not really counting since they don't control that aspect.  How a 4 to 3 advantage in Kobe's favor translates into "almost every category" in Manu's favor is beyond me.  I guess I need to learn some Texass/Spurs math for that one.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 04:35:03 PM »
This thread has gone haywire.

#1 -- No Reality, the Spurs don't need to trade Tony Parker for Allen Iverson and this has been documented ad nauseam

#2 -- No Rick, as usual and as I've come to expect, you waaaayy overvalue Allen Iverson and waaaayy underestimate the difficult situation Billy King dug himself into.  The Sixers won't get full value on the dollar for Iverson and this is Billy King, Allen Iverson, and Ed Snider's fault!  On your other point, see my line to Reality.  Billy King needs to write an autobiography titled:  A General Manager's Story:  Deeper and Deeper Into the Hole That I, Myself, Have Dug.  What a horrible GM.

#3 -- Derek, if its true that Golden State is willing to trade Biedrins and Baron Davis for Allen Iverson; all I can say is its going to be another 12 years for those poor Warriors fans.  I'll tell ya, Chris Mullin is looking dumber and dumber, day by day.  

#4 -- While Parker and Ginobili are the same tier players with different skills.  Ginobili is, by far, the more important piece (guy I wouldn't want to trade if I had to trade one of them).  This is because of a slight increase in defensive versatility, a noticeable advantage in offensive versatility (outside of layups, Parker is still hedgy), and clutch decision-making.  I believe Ginobili to be the more valuable player even though Parker still gets more Field Goal Attempts.  

So yes, Randy, while its true that Ginobili is technically option number 3, his overall importance make him more important than option #2.  Much as it is on other teams with Jason Kidd (option 3) and Richard Jefferson (option 2), Rasheed Wallace (option 3) and Rip Hamilton (option 2), Josh Howard (option 3) and Jason Terry (option 2).    
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 04:37:11 PM »
Ali the aligator opens his mouth ( < or > ) to the bigger number....mmmmmkay

:D :D

I think he meant to say every category "per 40 minute".
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »
WOW!  In 70% of the minutes the Spurs #3 option is doing better in almost every category except points per game compared to the Lakers superstar.

Your ability to utilize and/or understand basic math is truely sad.

Let's Texass it down for y'all.  Ali the aligator opens his mouth ( < or > ) to the bigger number....mmmmmkay.

PPG 26.2 > 14.6
RPG 4.8 > 4.4   
APG 4.6 > 3.7
SPG 1.44 = 1.44
BPG .22 < .39
FG% .480 > .450
FT% .845 < .889
3P% .346 < .418
MPG 38.0 > 26.9

Hmmmm, let's see, we have 4 ( > ) Ali aligators eating Kobe's numbers and 3 ( < ) Ali aligators eating Manu's numbers with one being equal and minutes not really counting since they don't control that aspect.  How a 4 to 3 advantage in Kobe's favor translates into "almost every category" in Manu's favor is beyond me.  I guess I need to learn some Texass/Spurs math for that one.

So maybe you should try comparing on either a per minute or 48 minute basis.  Just for example:

Kobe - 4.8 rebounds in 38 minutes = 0.13 per minute or 6.24 per 48 minutes
Manu - 4.4 rebounds in 27 minutes = 0.16 per minute or 7.68 per 48 minutes

In simple California terms Manu is more productive for each minute he is on the floor than Kobe except in scoring.  

Or to use the 70% method...take Kobe's numbers and multiply by 70%.  Then compare those numbers to Manu's and see which way the alligators are pointing.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »
Ali the aligator opens his mouth ( < or > ) to the bigger number....mmmmmkay

:D :D

I think he meant to say every category "per 40 minute".

Actually that is why I said IN 70%OF THE MINUTES....basically the categories are even and Manu plays ONLY 70% OF THE MINUTES Kobe plays.  If Kobe is a superstar then his rebounds, assists, steals, blocks should all be higher than Manu's because he plays 38 minutes a game compared to Manu's 27 minutes.  And that doesn't even talk about shooting % (which was Randy's BIG argument last week) where Manu leads in 2 of 3 categories.
-Moody Blues