Author Topic: Eagles live another day.  (Read 869 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles live another day.
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »
Keychain Johnson gets worked in the corner and Eagle db intercepts.  I love it.
Wow. 
I do think technically it was pass interference as he held Keychain just about one yard past the 5 yard jam buffer.  On the other hand he started releasing at the 5 yard mark and i think the refs rightly let it slide.  You got worked Keyshaun.
Great grab by Eagle db
Eagles 27 Carolina 24.

Westbrook seems like instead of hitting the initial open holes he outhinks himself and overdoes the cutbacks.  Cuts right back into traffic and gets stuffed.

Garcia is a very good scrambler. Quick feet.  "Happy Feet." :D

dabods you still think Happy Feet Garcia will be replaced after next week?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eagles live another day.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »
It's Garcia's job to loose.  If he keeps playing as well as he did yesterday, he'll continue to hold the job.  No interceptions is important to a coach and a fragile defense.

Pass interference?  No way.  Keyshawn failed to catch the ball because he wasn't watching it.  He was too busy paying attention to Lito, who WAS playing the ball and watching it all the way. 

Face it, Keyshawn jumped to soon to reach for the ball.   He misjudged it, and Sheppard was behind him in the end-zone. That was the cause for the pick, Keyshawn mistiming his leap.

With the Panthers on the 7, and contact allowed from 5 yards from the line of scrimmage, Lito had already started to disengage before the went into the end-zone. Keyshawn was turned around on the play facing the wrong way, and Sheppard didn't have to do anything except move further back.

Isn't it strange how these prima-donna wideouts often come up short when they go to another team?  Gimme the damn Ball  ???  Randy Moss.  Even TO was looking bad for while.

The Eagles are thrilled to be back in the playoff hunt, and I'm willing to bet that Andy Reid simply loves how Jeff Garcia played.  That last 80-yard scoring drive that put the team back into a tie took two minutes.

Don't forget that Dellhome thew an interception on their next possession, the series before he was picked off again to end the game.  The turnovers were the story and the Eagles defense rose to the challenge for a change.

Another win by Garcia and Westbrook next week in Washington will get more people back on the bandwagon.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Eagles live another day.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
It was borderline pass interference, by no means was it a great defensive play.  IMO a good no call, it just looked really bad cause, as ricko stated, Keshawn mis-timed his jump.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"