Author Topic: Gamers day is almost here  (Read 2643 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Gamers day is almost here
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »
Is anyone going to attempt to buy a PS3 on friday?  I know Walmart is doinga midnight release, you have to get in line for a number though.  and Blockbuster - here atleast - scrapped the lottery system they were going to use, instead it is now first come first serve on friday at openning.  I plan on getting one of the PS3's....I just dont want to go through the hassle of waiting in line for it on either day...problem with that is if you wait to buy the damn thing later the price is higher becuase of demand and that they start to sell bundles with crap yu dont want to buy right now.  So i will wait, I can live with my xbox 360...by the way, if any of you get to play "Gears of War"  that game is SICK, sick as in cool - sick!  The graphics are awesome, the unreal engine work is terrific, the game is a great example of next gen gaming IMHO.  The only down side is I finished it already.  Hopefully the sequel won't take forever to develop.

I am, however going to wait in line to buy the Wii - that is a gift for the kids and I don't have good feeling i will be able to get my hands on one of those before christmas.  Anyone know where to find the shipping dates to the States on these toys?  

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »
Are you going to turn into Cartman from the last two weeks of South Park?  :rofl:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »
"ok JN, please add your fire cast spell to your quick key F11..."

no.  I will not be a cartman.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »
Sorry X3 we cannot freeze you!!!

I won't be waiting in line.  The reason being is I am buying a brand new TV so I can get the NBA games on HD and of course so my PS3 looks as good as it possibly can for that 600 price tag (I am going to get the bigger hard drive).

The Wii looks really cool but I feel its geared for younger kids and young teenagers.  Maybe if it drops in price I would buy one, I think it would be fun to play but not to own right away.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:07:39 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »
Sorry X3 we cannot freeze you!!!

I won't be waiting in line.  The reason being is I am buying a brand new TV so I can get the NBA games on HD and of course so my PS3 looks as good as it possibly can for that 600 price tag (I am going to get the bigger hard drive).

The Wii looks really cool but I feel its geared for younger kids and young teenagers.  Maybe if it drops in price I would buy one, I think it would be fun to play but not to own right away.
"I will kill the time child and eat his entrails on my TUMMY!!"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »
I might buy the Revolution (I won't call it the Wii) just for Zelda.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 07:10:47 PM by dbodner »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »
I tried to get my hands on a PS3 60gig from costco.com ...they didnt put them on the site until 10am cst...i was logged in from home and ready to go but it was getting to close to when i had to be at work so i figured i would just log on from work and do it...dumb move..the site was flooded by the time i got to work and i could log into my account so i missed it...i was just going to turn around and sell it on ebay anyway...but man those 60gig versions are getting bids in the thousands.

I did notice that Circuit city had no line outside last night, as oppossed to best buy which had like twenty people in front - this morning it was around the building!  walmart was already out of tickets for their units, i figured i would slep and wake up early and then go check out the scene rather then camp out.  i got to the circuit city at 5am this morning to find 10 people in front of me.  so i waited, by 730am the store crew had come out and given us vouchers and said to come back at 10am.  i got back at 10am and picked up my system.  i didn't buy any additional handles yet or games but it is sweet having one already...you could see people walking up and seeing the "sold out" sign and then taking off all pissed off...lol.  one guy offered 100.00 just for the voucher, and we all kind of laughed at him.  sorry chief - you gots' to wait!  So i got my kids their  primary X-mas gift now.  don't have to worry about when will it be available or anything like that and i know they are gonna love it.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »
Listen to this X3....I know this kid who is a college student who missed class for 4 days to stay in line to get it.  He just sold it on Ebay for 1800 bucks!!

I guess rumor has it that after this first rush of PS3s that there will not be anymore comming in until after the new year more towards Feb.  That is what I heard, I don't know if it is true or not.  Hopefully not.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
Yup.  I know 4 people who stood in line for 32 hours to get a PS3.  All  4 of 'em sold them for over $1600.  $1000 profit in a day.  not bad at all.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »
I might buy the Revolution (I won't call it the Wii) just for Zelda.
You know I was thinking the same thing.  The way you can slash with one part of the controler and move Link with the other it just looks too awesome.  I LOVE all the Zelda games (I think I own almost all of them) so the new controller only makes it all that much better.

Has anyone played the Wii yet?  It looks so awesome in the commercials but I am curious how it REALLY plays.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »
Yup.  I know 4 people who stood in line for 32 hours to get a PS3.  All  4 of 'em sold them for over $1600.  $1000 profit in a day.  not bad at all.
So I guess sitting on three of them is a good thing?

I may just sell mine if that's the case, my kids really don't deserve that kind of present this year.  The other two are spoken for unfortunately otherwise the other two would have paid for mine.  There's nothing like knowing some Toys R Us employee's who are willing to gangster some gear for you.  My buds told me that they had a special meeting to discuss how "reserving" a PS3 was unacceptable and would lead to immediate termination.  The blatent XBox360 "reseving" last year really screwed up their ability to "reserve" certain items.  This year the items had to be paid in full on day 1, last year the XBox's remained "reseved" for almost a week before someone picked them up, with the shortage of XBox's and the high demand all the late XBox purchased really set off red flags.  This year they had to be paid in full by 10 a.m.  The only reason I still have all three is because my buds haven't paid me yet, it ain't XMas yet so I'm not feeling charitable enough to tell them they can pay me later.  I told them if they don't pay me by Dec 5th their PS3's are going on the open market.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:51 PM »
there was an article I read that qouted some north american rep for Sony Style that said there was a mix up with the shipment but Sony would actually be flying some units to retatilers rather that standard delivery...i was going to check the Sony Style store here today to see whats up with that.  As for selling the PS3 online...those guys either sold low or sold the 20gig version.  the 60 gig verison I saw sold for 4500.00 dollars same day it came out on ebay.  

I plan on getting one for myself, just not until the craziness dies down and I pay down some of this X-mas debt.  I saw the display out at walmart...the graphics are sweet!!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
The sony store here filled it's "reservations"...but if you wnat top try to get one i would suggest checking blockbuster game rush stores since their allotment of PS3's sometime soon.  of course as more PS3's go into the market the less you well be able to get for it online.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »
Yup.  I know 4 people who stood in line for 32 hours to get a PS3.  All  4 of 'em sold them for over $1600.  $1000 profit in a day.  not bad at all.
So I guess sitting on three of them is a good thing?

I may just sell mine if that's the case, my kids really don't deserve that kind of present this year.  The other two are spoken for unfortunately otherwise the other two would have paid for mine.  There's nothing like knowing some Toys R Us employee's who are willing to gangster some gear for you.  My buds told me that they had a special meeting to discuss how "reserving" a PS3 was unacceptable and would lead to immediate termination.  The blatent XBox360 "reseving" last year really screwed up their ability to "reserve" certain items.  This year the items had to be paid in full on day 1, last year the XBox's remained "reseved" for almost a week before someone picked them up, with the shortage of XBox's and the high demand all the late XBox purchased really set off red flags.  This year they had to be paid in full by 10 a.m.  The only reason I still have all three is because my buds haven't paid me yet, it ain't XMas yet so I'm not feeling charitable enough to tell them they can pay me later.  I told them if they don't pay me by Dec 5th their PS3's are going on the open market.
You know what would be cool?  If you sold one to your good buddy westkoast for hundred bucks over the price you paid LOL

I promise not to talk about Bynum for the rest of the year~!