Author Topic: Yao works Shaq  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao works Shaq
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:43:38 PM »
Just as when he was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, Shaq got worked by Yao Ming Sunday night.
Yaowser going off for 34 and 14, scoring from many parts of the floor.
Shaq mustering 15 points and wishing for the days of the foul line parade.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao works Shaq
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »
Props to Yao

BUT

Do you root for Shaq or do you not root for Shaq?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao works Shaq
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
Props to Yao

BUT

Do you root for Shaq or do you not root for Shaq?
May the better player and team win.
As you know in 2003 i voted for both Shraq and Yao in the "top ten to build a team around".  Post Laker Shaq having to play more fairly is nice viewing.

I think we are all getting sick of Nike-NBAs foul parade for Lebron and DWade, so that makes me a little less apt to pull for Miami.  On the other hand Houston is unwatchable when Grunty represses.  When they open up the O, i love watching Yao and Hou.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao works Shaq
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »
When you can move well you get more fouls.  That is why the Brons, Wade, and Kobe's of the league shoot more.  Shaq WAS one of those players but since he can no longer move like he use to he is not going to get to the line.  It is the same reason why he is getting smacked around Yao in games like this.  You know he was up for the game, his ego to be the greatest center next to Bill Russell but he just can't do it physically anymore.

Do you believe he will still be around by next season and be effective?  He's already missed 2 games due to injury and has posted pretty weak numbers against formiable opponents like Ben Wallace and Yao Ming.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao works Shaq
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:39:03 PM »
I tend to agree with the consensus that now that he has titled without Kobe his motivation is quite lowered.
However with all the NBA bad coaching holding back what few good centers exist, Shaq can still plow his way around come playoff time.  Combined with the Greg Pops and Jeff Van Gundys and surprisingly the Avery Johnson Game 3-on meltdowns who knows what Riley and Shaq can pull off?  Do I think the Heat can and should title again?  No way!  However if they can keep the Mourning-Shaq combo going or find another Mourning it could work for several more years.  Shaq is a good Ace card to have in the playoff hole, or more suitably Queen card.

I look for a huge dropoff next reg season no matter what happens this season.  We shall see if Riley is half the motivator some boardies make him out to be.