Poll

Which one will be the best long term

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: LeBron, Kobe, Garnett, McGrady  (Read 4074 times)

Guest_Randy

LeBron, Kobe, Garnett, McGrady
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 07:11:32 PM »
WOW, I guess you should also put Horry on that list.  I've seen him take that game winner when he's had horrible shooting games.  

I think KG gets a bad rap for not having willed his team to a playoff series victory.  No one questions his abilities or his heart and now I'll address his will to win.  I think you need a close-knit, hungry team (with heart) to be truly successful in the playoffs.  KG can have it in himself but its something he can't impart to others.  As far as a will to win or playoff toughness are involved, previous Timberwolf players Terrell Brandon, Wally Szszerbiack, Joe Smith can't compare with a Ron Harper, Dennis Rodman, Mario Elie, and even Vernon Maxwell of previous championship teams.  I think the addition of players like Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell, (players KG doesn't have to worry about where their heart is) you'll finally see a playoff series victory under Flip's belt.
I don't disagree with you but if you look at what KG has done in the past in the minutes when it counted the most (fourth quarter), you will see a drop-off.  Last year was his most impressive to date (at least he didn't disappear in the fourth) but his numbers haven't improved in the final moments.  You won't say that of the truly great players -- their numbers are always up when it counts the most.  And, yes, that is something that is truly great about Robert Horry -- but Horry could never be the focal part of the system -- he does it so well because he isn't.

Offline TheloMonk

• View Profile
    • Email
LeBron, Kobe, Garnett, McGrady
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »
For me it comes down to not who wants the ball at the end of a game but who do I want to have the ball at the end of the game.   As far as I'm concerned its Kobe--hands down.  The only other guy in the assoication that comes close is Iverson.   I'm not trying to slight the pure shooter like Ray Allen, Reggie Miller and co. but they're in a different class from Kobe and AI>