Author Topic: Switch back to Yahoo for FNBA?  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Switch back to Yahoo for FNBA?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »
Also Derek, can you just go ahead and delete the other Yahoo league?  There's no point in having it now and it might be confusing too.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 09:41:23 AM »

I've created another league in yahoo.  If you want to switch to yahoo, just join:
League ID#:    190741
League Name:    PhillyArena 2
Password:    nbaugly

If we get all 12 people to join, I'll enter in the draft results manually, and scoring will just begin whenever we get that finished.

Been there, done that....7 teams left to go.

:cheers:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 10:20:55 AM »
Okay guys, you're right, it is just too aggravating.  I've already signed up my team on the league.  

Caleb you're not the only one upset about losing first week stats.

Pierce: 29 points, 19 rebounds

Nash: 7-9 FG, 2-2 threes, 4-4 FT, 20 pts, 11 ast

Also Caleb, you didn't tell Bods which player you dropped to pick up Quentin Richardson.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 10:25:46 AM »
is there a way to enter a "score" from week one?

I would vote to move as well, although I'd hate to lose week one (whether I win or lose) but I really can't stand nba.com -- at this point, I'm going into NBA.com to look at the score and then exploring games/stats from espn.com.  

It's hard to believe that they are paying someone who set up such a horrible fantasy system -- absolutely clueless, IMO.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
I won't be able to join until later tonight due to the fact that Yahoo is blocked at work.

Really I didn't want to lose this week especially since I have a good shot at beating fellow Laker fan Wayoutofwack.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
Also Caleb, you didn't tell Bods which player you dropped to pick up Quentin Richardson.
I dropped Jason Maxiell to get Q.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »
guys, if we move over, there's no way to carry week one scores.  that's just the way it is.  But if we're moving, we have to do it.  fast.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 12:27:16 PM »
We do we have to go through the draft again, just open up all the players for add/drop and we'll each pick our lineups so bod doesn't have to go through that headace.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »
It is a headache, but you have a lot less potential for error with the commish entering the draft. I just don't trust guys like Cord and Mike to be able to not screw up.:moon:

Bods, thanks in advance. I know you're a busy guy.  
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 08:40:16 AM »
PLEASE, OH, PLEASE, let's go back to Yahoo.

The "stats" on NBA.com suck, trying to track the games and figure things out sucks.  Heck, the reason they give you the stats free on NBA.com is because they'd face an uproar if they tried to charge for something that crappy.

I'm signed up.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 08:48:05 AM »
going back to yahoo?  ok....bye shaq...bye duncan...it was nice having you two on the other yahoo league atleast for a little while..... :cry:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »
Looks like the last two to sign up are lttk and westkoast.  I know 'koast said he'd sign up tonight, but hopefully everything can be good to go by tomorrow, or at the very least Saturday.

How would that work?  Can we start counting games immediately?  I'd rather have (for example) tomorrow or this weekend's games count towards an expanded Week 1 than waiting until Monday to start counting stats.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »
Yahoo doesn't allow you to carry over weeks.  so we could do week 1, but we'd end up having like 1 day in it.  I don't think it's fair to get wins/losses based on one days worth of play.

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 10:44:23 PM »
Regarding my previous post, I'd really just like to have D-How's 25 point, 13 rebound, three block performance for tomorrow night COUNT. ;)

I mean, my team was AWESOME last night ... of course, that's what happens when you field a starting lineup of Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Andrew "I'm This Year's Version of Brad Miller" Bogut, and Elton "Horse" Brand.  :)

Oh wait, that night won't count now ... :(

Okay, enough of my bitching.  I know nba.com sucks.  It completely BLOWS.

And I really shouldn't be that upset anyway.  It's not like I won't have MANY more nights like Wednesday's this year.  Hopefully against Joe and Skander.  (Oh, come on boys, you KNOW it's coming!!!  :) )  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 09:24:13 AM »
Please, we can't switch fast enough for my taste.  I went into see my match-up with Skander and suddenly I was 10-1 -- how can that be possible?  Then I went in to check and everything was screwed up -- this ought to embarrass nba.com to pieces!