Author Topic: Has Bynumania began?  (Read 4970 times)

Guest_Randy

Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
Just so you aren't confused by any more of the facts, I wasn't the one who brought the "bust" into the conversation -- however, it's not that much of a stretch for the "bust" word to be brought in when you basically say that he is Haywood (except in a Laker uniform).  Haywood isn't much of a player -- bench fodder.  I wouldn't put Bynum in that position at this point.

After all, Dalembert's a "budding star" so what is Bynum?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
Lurker, you guys have Super Fabs why the heck would you need Andrew Bynum?  Andrew only scored more points last night then did Fabs did most of last year!
Bynum & Fabs....Spurs break the Celtics record for consecutive titles.  Nuff said.  

B)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 05:28:15 PM »
Just so you aren't confused by any more of the facts, I wasn't the one who brought the "bust" into the conversation -- however, it's not that much of a stretch for the "bust" word to be brought in when you basically say that he is Haywood (except in a Laker uniform).  Haywood isn't much of a player -- bench fodder.  I wouldn't put Bynum in that position at this point.

After all, Dalembert's a "budding star" so what is Bynum?
That is where my "bust" title stemmed from.  Brenden Haywood is a bust and sucks so calling Bynum him....means hes a bust and a hack.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »
5pts 1-4 (attempted one three) 4 rbs in 11 minutes.

What would, make that what did you all say when Fabbs put up those #s?

Guest_Randy

Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 10:33:04 AM »
did you check out the foul trouble Bynum was in?  It's the reason why I won't herald Bynum in at this point.  

However, there is a HUGE difference between Fabs and Bynum -- Fabs is 31 and Bynum just turned 19 last Friday.  One of the analysts during the Lakers/Suns games said that he was the youngest player in the NBA -- is that really true?  I'm not sure but he is pretty young to expect consistency out of him.

I'm very concerned about his defense at this time but the kid does display some real talent offensively -- and he's got a ton of years left to play the game.

I have no idea what you are saying in that sentence but we have stated that Bynum has potential -- you were the one saying that Fabs was going to be this GREAT center in the league -- and he is bench fodder, huh?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 10:33:56 AM »
In other news, the Lakers are 2-0 with a rout of the Suns and quality road win as Lamar Odom establishes himself as the best player on the team.  Its like I've been saying, Kobe really holds the Lakers back... B)  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »

I have no idea what you are saying in that sentence but we have stated that Bynum has potential -- you were the one saying that Fabs was going to be this GREAT center in the league -- and he is bench fodder, huh?
Fabbs = Fabricio Oberto
Fabbricator = Randy

Yeah, at 19 the Bynum potential is hardly over due to game 2. :rolleyes:
But reality has set in quickly after game 1.

Yes Skandery, will be interesting to see what happens to the Laker game plan upon return of Kobadiah.

Guest_Randy

Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »
Yeah, at 19 the Bynum potential is hardly over due to game 2. 

So are you saying that Bynum doesn't have any potential because of one game?

Its like I've been saying, Kobe really holds the Lakers back...

So you think the Lakers would be better off without Kobe?  

You think they will be a playoff team without Kobe?

Oh, and since you are suddenly "Reality 2" when it comes to being a prognosticator -- remind me again of how Josh Howard isn't anything more than a role player?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 12:01:16 PM »
Skandery doesn't believe that Randy.  He is just having fun.  If we all can bait and ruffle feathers why can't Skand!

Sure with the power house defense of the Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns you don't need Kobe but I highly doubt that Ronnie Turiaf, Andrew Bynum, and Maurice Evans are going to go off on teams that  would have much stronger on the defensive end.  I don't see Ronnie or Bynum doing all that well against Ben Wallace, Tim Duncan, or Kevin Garnett.  I don't forsee Luke Walton and Maurice Evans beating up on Eddie Jones or Grant Hill.

The one and only thing I am worried about when Kobe comes back is how aggressive Lamar Odom is.  He needs to continue on doing what he has been doing Kobe or not.   Kobe and his relationship has really improved a great deal in the off-season because of the event that happened to Odom's family with the loss of their child.  Hopefully Odom realizes how great he could be and that taking a scoring load off Kobe is going to keep him healthier for the playoffs.  Hopefully Kobe realizes how much easier the game is with Odom carrying half of the offensive load so he can focus in on defense (something he let slip the last two seasons)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:04:38 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »
Randy

No.  We are in agreement that one or two games does not make or break his potential.  At age 19.

Fabbs at 31 was certainly expected to be a supporting part of a Spurs title.  Same expectation this year.

Guest_Randy

Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
I'd LOVE to see Odom stay aggressive but past history doesn't bode well in that area.  Odom has never been consistent enough to do it night in and night out -- it was the same when he was with the Clips and the Heat.  

In fact, there was a totally different Odom in the first half of the Suns game than the second half of the Suns game.  In the first half, you saw an occasional drive to the basket -- in the second half he was focused on driving to the hole and not simply "settling" for the outside shot.  

The fact is that if Odom stays aggressive and Kobe shares the ball is that not only do they both win but the team has a shot of winning as well.  There isn't anyone in the league who can guard these two players and they will create a lot of space for their teammates.  I think the Lakers need to find opportunities to call plays and isolations for Odom -- even when Kobe is in the game -- but Odom has to make the decision to be aggressive rather than just settling for an outside shot.  I think PJ should find opportunities to run Kobe without the ball in motion -- I think that creates problems for the opposing defense to declare who they are going to focus their defense on.

Guest_Randy

Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 12:18:55 PM »
Randy

No.  We are in agreement that one or two games does not make or break his potential.  At age 19.

Fabbs at 31 was certainly expected to be a supporting part of a Spurs title.  Same expectation this year.
Actually, I didn't base my comments on one game -- Bynum has been pretty impressive in the preseason.  Granted, it was the preseason but he was actually playing against starting line-ups and showed a great deal of promise.  I certainly didn't make my comments on one game or the statline of a Euro inflated basketball player.

Fabbs at 31 was certainly expected to be a supporting part of a Spurs title.  Same expectation this year.

By "supporting part," are you referring to keeping TD's spot warm for him, lacing up TD's basketball shoes, getting TD gaterade?  Is that what you mean by "supporting part?"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »
Just sad, unlike Reality's intentional twisting of words to get a rise, you guys actually believe the BS you're posting.  You're putting words in my mouth and/or not understanding the argument.

Bynum NOW = Haywood in Laker Uniform.
Bynum Future = ??  

I've posted that I think he will be journeyman, possibly as good as Parish.

You two debate like girls.

Guy - "Honey, why did you spend $200.00 at the shoe store when we've already discussed our budget problems?"

Girl - "Why did you stare at the girl's chest yesterday at the DMV!!!"

Guy - "What?!?"

Girl - "You heard me!".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 12:56:50 PM »
Randy:
You think they will be a playoff team without Kobe?

Westkoast:
Skandery doesn't believe that Randy. He is just having fun. If we all can bait and ruffle feathers why can't Skand!

Thanks for getting the joke, 'koast.

WayOutWest:
You two debate like girls.

Guy - "Honey, why did you spend $200.00 at the shoe store when we've already discussed our budget problems?"

Girl - "Why did you stare at the girl's chest yesterday at the DMV!!!"

Guy - "What?!?"

Girl - "You heard me!".

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'll tell ya with Randy's affection for Bynum and Reality's undying love of Fabs, these relationships are starting to be as amorous as the man-love Ted has for Nene....check that.....nothing is THAT creepy. B)  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Bynumania began?
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »
W.O.W...

Brendan Haywood = Bust

Tell me he is not a bust and nothing more then a below average big man.

So when you say he is Brendan Haywood in a Laker uniform you are pretty much saying he is a below average big man unless when he is bigger then the person guarding him....

Don't act as if we are completely making things up.  You compared him to a guy who is a bust.  Now if you didn't say 'Bynum = Brendan Haywood in a Laker uniform' then yes, we would be making things up.