Author Topic: Congratulations JN  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congratulations JN
« on: March 13, 2004, 12:30:15 PM »
From all I've read, and highlights I've seen, Hudson was the dagger in the 4th, and Kobe forcing the issue cost LA the higher percentage shots, especially in the 1st quarter.

But hey, no excuses, Minnesota made a statement last night, good win JN, I hope it is you guys we see in the postseason, we need to beat you sometime this year, it might as well be then.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congratulations JN
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 02:46:02 AM »
It was a pretty good game until Kobe tried to match Hudson 3 pointer for 3 pointer.  It was like watching last years playoffs again they way Hudson was killing the Lakers.  The real killer where the critical offensive rebounds in the closing minutes of the 4th by none other than Mark Madsen.  I think he had three O-rebounds that really took the wind out of the Lakers 4th quarter comeback sails.

Good win, hope we don't meet in the first round.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

Congratulations JN
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 09:39:05 AM »
Thanks guys.  Of course the game seems almost meaningless since we turned around and lost our 5th straight Sunday game, wasting a chance to increase the lead over the Spurs.  

Looks like Kobe got it together against the Bulls the next day.  

Congrats ziggy.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congratulations JN
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:58:17 AM »
QUOTE (jn @ Mar 13 2004, 11:32 AM)
Too late 101.  Now you will never get the foul stench of Lakerfandom off you.  

A couple of observations:  Kobe took some of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen in the first half.  The attempted running one hander from 10 feet away with KG in his face missed the rim by three feet.  He started hitting some jumpers in the second half when he actually took good shots.

Karl Malone is a punk.   I'm sorry I've always defended the guy to a large degree because of his incredible work ethic but man... on one play he fouled KG three times included an elbow to the head then smirks at the ref afterward like it was a bad call.  He followed that up later with a totally unneeded forearm to Kandi's face.  

Poorly reffed game at the end of the 3rd.   Worst of all was Shaq grabbing KG's arm, then head, thirty feet from the basket.  NO CALL??? Sweet Jesus HE GRABBED HIS HEAD!!!!  Then the makeup comes on the other end as Mad Dog flopped and drew the charge on Shaq.  

Troy Hudson must have had some really bad experience playing for the Clippers because he sure seems to have it in for LA.    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree 100%. Wolves played a good game from start to finish. Hats off to you and your team. Lakers got the L but I cant complain when its an entertaining basketball game.

The Lakers really didnt make the best decisions. Aside from what you mentioned the Lakers thought that they could hang around till the 4th and make a move....forgetting that the Wolves can score just as well as they can. The lack of team defense really irked me the whole night. I know GP was very frustrated with the lack of help when screens were set on him. This half a#$ defense is not going to cut it. Tonight against the Bulls they had flashes of that blanket defense we've seen in previous years but cannot keep it going for longer than 2-3 minutes at a time. Everyone is talking about them gelling offensively.....they need to gel on the defensive end. The offense will be there as long as Shaq/Kobe/Payton are on the floor.

Malone played well last night you have to admit. He did a decent job playing some defense on KG (KG was 2 for 8 when Karl was on him with 5 points) and did a good job against him on the other end (4 for 5 with 8 points). The one thing that Karl brings that all Lakers fan are relieved to see is his pick and roll defense. If there was one play the Lakers have never been able to defend is the pick and roll. Karl and Gary really work well together in that situation.

The Shaq/KG play was so disapointing to see. You have two huge 7 foot players 25 feet away from the basket and you don't see one grab the other? No brainer jesus. Or hes a goos suggestion.... how about not just making a call without fully being sure of it. If you don't know and the other 2 refs could not see throw it up. They seemed like they were playing catch up for mistakes they made. A number of times last night they would blow a call for one team and then make up for it on a very bad call on the other. For example they made a bad call on Cassell a play or so before and then Troy Hudson is guarding GP, gets barely bumped, jerks his head back super fast, and then gets the charge called on Payton. He certainly deserved that standing ovation when he left the court for those acting skills. Maybe we can sign him when his contract is up so he can be on cheap hbo shows about prison......oh wait n
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com