Author Topic: Fabs proves he's #1....  (Read 920 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
at picking the NCAA bracket.

story

Bracket king: The NCAA won't crown a men's basketball champion until Monday night, but the Spurs already know the winner of their annual March Madness pool.

Fabricio Oberto.

Like most of the team's international players, Oberto likely has trouble telling the difference between UCLA and ACLU. But he filled in his tournament bracket well enough to lead the Spurs' pool since the round of 16.

Oberto is assured of finishing first regardless of which team wins Monday. Van Exel finished second and Tim Duncan third.

"In the Sweet 16, I think I got most of the results," Oberto said. "I don't know how I did it. I was just marking (teams)."

Oberto won in part because he had UCLA advancing to the Final Four and LSU upsetting Duke in the regional semifinals. He picked Texas to win the tournament.

Brent Barry sat near Oberto as he filled in his bracket but said he didn't provide much advice.

"And that's the NCAA tournament in a nutshell," Barry said. "Some guy from Argentina wins by picking teams according to color."

Oberto actually had informal conversations with Arizona State officials about playing for the Sun Devils more than a decade ago, but the talks never became serious.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »
at picking the NCAA bracket.

story

Bracket king: The NCAA won't crown a men's basketball champion until Monday night, but the Spurs already know the winner of their annual March Madness pool.

Fabricio Oberto.

Like most of the team's international players, Oberto likely has trouble telling the difference between UCLA and ACLU. But he filled in his tournament bracket well enough to lead the Spurs' pool since the round of 16.

Oberto is assured of finishing first regardless of which team wins Monday. Van Exel finished second and Tim Duncan third.

"In the Sweet 16, I think I got most of the results," Oberto said. "I don't know how I did it. I was just marking (teams)."

Oberto won in part because he had UCLA advancing to the Final Four and LSU upsetting Duke in the regional semifinals. He picked Texas to win the tournament.

Brent Barry sat near Oberto as he filled in his bracket but said he didn't provide much advice.

"And that's the NCAA tournament in a nutshell," Barry said. "Some guy from Argentina wins by picking teams according to color."

Oberto actually had informal conversations with Arizona State officials about playing for the Sun Devils more than a decade ago, but the talks never became serious.
HAHAHAHAHAH

I guess he had alot of time to sit on the bench and decide what color combinations  are stronger than the other?!

I missed the first half last night cuz I was en route from Texas but I didn't see him play a single minute in the second half.  Wasn't that suppose to be his big coming out party last night?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:04:23 PM »
I didn't see the game since the 9:30 local start really plays havoc with my schedule.  Getting up at 5 am for a 10-11 hour workday makes it tough to stay up past midnight....even to watch the Spurs beat up the hated Lakers.

I just figured Fabs had to be on the court in the 3rd quarter when the Spurs went on their runs.  Maybe Pop didn't want to embarrass Kwame since he has shown signs of finally developing.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »
I didn't see the game since the 9:30 local start really plays havoc with my schedule.  Getting up at 5 am for a 10-11 hour workday makes it tough to stay up past midnight....even to watch the Spurs beat up the hated Lakers.

I just figured Fabs had to be on the court in the 3rd quarter when the Spurs went on their runs.  Maybe Pop didn't want to embarrass Kwame since he has shown signs of finally developing.
That is how I felt when I was in Florida and half time for the Laker games were like 12-1 o'clock EST.  Don't you have TiVO?!  If not I HIGHLY recomend it.  Especially for those westcoast swings the Spurs have to go on.  Gives you something to watch the following day when you get off work (if they are not on again of course)

I am in love with Texas BBQ...I had some place called Rudy's when I was in Austin and I am dying for some ribs and cream corn!!  Also, ever heard of a place called 'Bone Daddys'???

Oh and to stay on topic......Fabs styling his hair + picking winners based on colors = female  :eek2:  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:45:35 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »
That is how I felt when I was in Florida and half time for the Laker games were like 12-1 o'clock EST.  Don't you have TiVO?!  If not I HIGHLY recomend it.  Especially for those westcoast swings the Spurs have to go on.  Gives you something to watch the following day when you get off work (if they are not on again of course)

I am in love with Texas BBQ...I had some place called Rudy's when I was in Austin and I am dying for some ribs and cream corn!!  Also, ever heard of a place called 'Bone Daddys'???

1) yes, on the Tivo (DVR) thing....just takes something away when you already know the outcome.  Especially on those tough losses like the one in Seattle earlier this week.  But it is good to zip through and watch for ESPN highlights.   B)

2) Rudy's BBQ started in SA.  Some of the best BBQ anywhere but a little pricey.  Good place to pick up a meal when some out of state relatives show up...just don't have the butchewr paper to use as plates like at the restaurant.  I've heard of Bone Daddy's but have never eaten there.  
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs proves he's #1....
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 07:22:44 PM »
That is how I felt when I was in Florida and half time for the Laker games were like 12-1 o'clock EST.  Don't you have TiVO?!  If not I HIGHLY recomend it.  Especially for those westcoast swings the Spurs have to go on.  Gives you something to watch the following day when you get off work (if they are not on again of course)

I am in love with Texas BBQ...I had some place called Rudy's when I was in Austin and I am dying for some ribs and cream corn!!  Also, ever heard of a place called 'Bone Daddys'???

1) yes, on the Tivo (DVR) thing....just takes something away when you already know the outcome.  Especially on those tough losses like the one in Seattle earlier this week.  But it is good to zip through and watch for ESPN highlights.   B)

2) Rudy's BBQ started in SA.  Some of the best BBQ anywhere but a little pricey.  Good place to pick up a meal when some out of state relatives show up...just don't have the butchewr paper to use as plates like at the restaurant.  I've heard of Bone Daddy's but have never eaten there.
Yea I agree it does.  I always check the scores of the game the night before or read the paper so to watch it after you know the outcome is not always as fun.  I try my darnest to steer clear of NBA.com or any sporting news source if I missed the game because of the same reasons you miss them.  You didn't miss too much last night other than the Lakers forgetting that they are playing the best defensive team in the league.  For whatever dumb reason they thought lobs and passes  that work on teams like the Hawks and Raptors would work on the Spurs.  I don't know how many times I yelled 'ARE YOU GUYS IDIOTS DO YOU REALIZE WHO YOU ARE PLAYING'

Bone Daddys is Texas' own brand of Hooters...minus the wings add steak and ribs.  Skimpy outfits on the women, beer, and food.  The food is actually pretty good and the women were smokin....not a place to bring wifey thats for sure but a good place for the guys to go.  I really didnt realize how crappy our beef really is until I got home and had a burger for lunch!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 07:23:52 PM by westkoast »