Author Topic: Carlos Boozer sued Prince.  (Read 846 times)

jn

Carlos Boozer sued Prince.
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:34:16 AM »
I really need to post some more serious NBA topics soon but for now.  :up:  This is from the Mps. Star Tribune.

I don't know why this is so amusing.  It's like a situation where a bunch of young guys rent a beat up old house and turn the basement into a cheap rec room only in this case the renter is much older than the landlord and there's waaay more money involved.

Prince puts his L.A. landlord into a purple rage
NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit over an unauthorized purple makeover of his L.A. mansion.
Jon Bream, Star Tribune
Last update: March 22, 2006 – 12:23 AM
Printer friendly E-mail this story  
Prince is renting Carlos Boozer’s Hollywood Hills house for $70,000 a month. His redecorating taste didn’t sit well.

Danny Moloshok, Associated Press file

NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit in January claiming that Prince violated their eight-month lease by "painting the exterior of the [house] with purple striping, Prince symbol and numbers 3121" and installing monogrammed purple carpeting in the master bedroom and a water system "for beauty salon chairs" in a downstairs bedroom.

Prince's lease on the 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom house in the Hollywood Hills expires May 31.

These purple stylings are typical of Prince's places. Paisley Park, his studio in Chanhassen, is festooned with all kinds of Prince glyphs, including one inlaid in the atrium floor. And remember that he had his first house in Chanhassen painted purple circa 1983.

The booklet to the album "3121" shows photos of a pool table and a master bedroom decorated with giant Prince glyphs.

Los Angeles appears to be the Minnesota star's residence of choice these days. He recorded his new album at 3121, apparently his name for his L.A. haunt, and at Paisley Park.

To celebrate the release of his new CD, Prince gave a midnight concert late Monday at the L.A. landmark Tower Records store on Sunset Boulevard, only a couple of miles from the star's rental house.

In typical Prince fashion, his staff called the store at 4 p.m. requesting to perform there eight hours later, and there was no mention of his appearance on the fabled store's marquee.

According to a publicist for Boozer's team, the Utah Jazz, the forward spent last summer in Los Angeles rehabilitating an injury with a trainer. Boozer declined to comment, the team publicist said.

This dispute came to light Tuesday when the sleuthing website TheSmokingGun.com posted a copy of Boozer's complaint.

The website also indicated that Boozer's lawyers have dropped the complaint for now but that they could file again on the same grounds. On Tuesday, his lawyer declined to comment.

And no surprise, Prince's publicists did not offer comment about the Purple One's latest controversy.

The only detail about his private in-home concert is what's on the sticker for his new album: The chances of winning a ticket to the Willie Wonka-like promotion are 1 in 107,143.

Of course, Prince could get Boozer off his case simply by buying the mansion. It's reportedly for sale for $11.9 million.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:51:56 AM »
If Prince was paying me 70K per month to rent my home I'd let him paint me purple!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »
Why does Carlos Boozer even have that expensive of a house in LA?!

70k a month and Prince should be able to do whatever he wants.  If he wants a purple room just for his doves that cry then that should be a-okay.    Damn Carlos Boozer...do I sound mad? Yea I am, I got stuck with him in fantasy bball LOL

jn

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »
Plus Carlos is overlooking the advantage of having, in his very own basement, a salon so high tech that it requires it's own plumbing system.  I mean, c'mon, Carlos. If that's not practical I don't know what is.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
Plus Carlos is overlooking the advantage of having, in his very own basement, a salon so high tech that it requires it's own plumbing system.  I mean, c'mon, Carlos. If that's not practical I don't know what is.
Umm, what is Boozer going to do with a salon like that?  Get a hair transplant?

Bill O'Reality

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 03:35:53 PM »
Plus Carlos is overlooking the advantage of having, in his very own basement, a salon so high tech that it requires it's own plumbing system.  I mean, c'mon, Carlos. If that's not practical I don't know what is.
Umm, what is Boozer going to do with a salon like that?  Get a hair transplant?
Get locks like Fabs *sigh* Simple minded Randolphski