Author Topic: Which team has been the biggest disappointment?  (Read 966 times)

Guest_Randy

Which team has been the biggest disappointment?
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »
Minnesota, Chicago, Memphis, who is your choice?

guest-koast

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »
Why did you include Memphis?  They are going to make the playoffs.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
Gotta be Houston.

I figured Houston was going to be a top-tier team this year.  Instead, they're last in their division, behind even New Orleans/OK City.  I don't care why, but when you're averaging 90.6 points per game, with only Portland's 88.4 trailing you, that's bad.

Runner up goes to Golden State.  This team should have been challenging for a playoff spot.  Instead, they'll be the wost in THEIR division.  
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 03:33:47 PM »
Ditto with Houston.  I had them winning that division, not bringing up the rear.  Yes they've been hammered with injuries, but still...

Some dishonorable mentions go out to Indiana, Golden State, Denver, and Atlanta.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 04:09:17 PM »
I put Memphis in there because I thought they really had a legit second tier team -- but they haven't been playing like it.  

Houston was overrated, IMO, coming into this year.  I really don't think the games of Yao and TMac compliment each other.  But I definately agree they should have been a second-tier team.

It's hard to put Minny in this category because they had this problem last year and they didn't do well in the free agency (kinda makes you wonder why KG is sticking it out).

Actually, I would pick Chicago -- they have had some health problems too but they just aren't playing any kind of team defense and they can't find any consistency.

I'm not sure I could put Indy in that category -- they have been decimated with injuries all year long (not to mention the whole Artest fiasco).

GS DEFINATELY deserves consideration -- but I think this team has made some REALLY bad personell moves and I don't like Montgomery at all!  He keeps trying to make a star out of Dunleavy -- and that's just NOT going to happen!  Add to it overpaying players like Claxton and Derek Fisher (did ANYONE think Fisher was worth that kind of price?).

I thought Atlanta would be a teir off the bottom of the league but I never had much hope for them to do much.  They definately paid too much for JJ.

guest-koast

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »
GS def ranks up there for me.  They have a young team with enough talent to be competitive but they just cannot get the players to click up there.  A team with Jason Richardson, Baron Davis, Derek Fisher, and Mike Dunleavy Jr (2 slashers and 2 outside shooters) should be better than they are.  Not to mention guys like Troy Murphy who play hard each and every night.  I agree with whomever said that they are trying to make Dunleavy into something he is not.  The guy is a jump shooter nothing more and nothing less.  First they try to make him a bonafide scoring option...then they decide he is going to be a good 6th man to bring a spark of the bench.  NO!@#@!$

Houston by far as to be #1 though.  Injuries or not.  Even with out T-Mac or Yao in at the same time they still have a decent squad.   T-Mac had less of a team in Orlando for many years yet he still could get them into the playoffs.  Houston is far out of the picture and not climbing up anytime soon.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »
Houston.

I'm gonna also add the Cavs.  Yeah so they are above .500 and a seeming lock for the playoffs.  Or are they, see last years close.  That 17 point choke vs Dallas this week highlights their inability to close.  Yes i give props to Dallas for the comeback but an 8 point 3rd qtr by Cleveland is just lame, that's not all Dallas D.

Also with Lebron racking up 46 minutes per game, something is wrong, very wrong.  Don't like their coaches strategy.