Author Topic: Will Kobme be fined?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:32:41 PM »
Last month or so Kevin Garnett got fined for throwing a ball into the stands that *hit* a man in the audience.  Acting as if he was a member of the 1999-2001 Lakers, the man flailed back and drama queened it to the 10th power, being taken out of the arena on a gurney.

Yesterdays Sonic and Ray Allen defense held Kobme to 2-13 on treys, with Kobme missing 3 in a row down the stretch.  Besides the defense, Kobe was outraged that he was only awarded 5 FTAs (for the game, not the last 30 seconds).  So in shooting a pair very late, Kobme missed the 1st attempt.  Ball bounced back towards him and he launches a soccer kick of the ball.  It goes flying between two Sonics heads, only missed then by less then a foot, and into the audience.  Who it did or didn't hit, I couldnt see.  Like KGs i doubt it really hurt anyone.

Technical for Kobme?   :rolleyes:  :rofl:   Dream on.  Ref went and retrieved ball, walked and handed it to Kobme as he asked him if their butt kissing session was still on for that evening.

Hmmm.  What will the NBA penalty boys do upon replay?  KG fined, Kobme ____.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 12:53:45 PM by Reality »

rickortreat

Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »
Kobe should have been t'ed up when it happened.  That he didn't suggests the referee should be punished for failing to call it, and Kobe should be fined for unsprtsmanlike conduct.

They've fined Kobe before, I see no reason why they wouldn't fine him again.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
Kobe should have been t'ed up when it happened.  That he didn't suggests the referee should be punished for failing to call it, and Kobe should be fined for unsprtsmanlike conduct.

They've fined Kobe before, I see no reason why they wouldn't fine him again.
The fine will be paid by Westkoast, Randy, Xs3 and LFD.

If there is one. :rolleyes:

Would the T he so obviously deserved have added to his T point total?  Or is that only Flagrants?

jn

Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »
It should also be noted that Rashard Lewis threw a ball in to the stands at Target Center this year and hit a fan.  Lewis did not even get a technical, much less an ejection and a fine.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »
It should also be noted that Rashard Lewis threw a ball in to the stands at Target Center this year and hit a fan.  Lewis did not even get a technical, much less an ejection and a fine.
Which was obviously because of a bias towards Kobe and the Lakers.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »
The game was horribly officiated, but that's not the reason the Lakers lost.  Kobe was getting hacked left and right without any calls, but from my perspective, it looked to me he was more p'd off about the continuous defensive breakdowns.  It was their complete lack of defensive effort that was their downfall ... again.  Another example of their M.O. this season ... two steps forward (two nice road wins in a row) a BIG step back (home loss to Seattle).  

I was at the game and at one point looked up at the board and saw the scoring:  Walton - 17, Kobe 22, Mihm 20, Parker 15, Odom 13.  If you would have told me the scoring was going to be that balanced before the game, I would have thought it impossible that Lakers would have lost at home to Seattle.  Unfortunatlely, they made guys like Chris Wilcox look like HOFamers with one dunk after another.   The D was pathetic!  

Meanwhile, Sac picks up a nice win against the Mavs and moves in to the 8th spot and only a half a game behind the Lakers.  Tuesday should be a good one!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:32:37 PM »
It should also be noted that Rashard Lewis threw a ball in to the stands at Target Center this year and hit a fan.  Lewis did not even get a technical, much less an ejection and a fine.
Lewis threw as in obvious or threw as in swatted ball away when refs were distracted?

You let me know who the other player(s) were who soccer/nfL field goal kicker style kicked a ball out after the 1st of two free throws and had the refs go retrieve the ball with nary an infraction.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
I was at the game and at one point looked up at the board and saw the scoring:  Walton - 17, Kobe 22, Mihm 20, Parker 15, Odom 13.  If you would have told me the scoring was going to be that balanced before the game, I would have thought it impossible that Lakers would have lost at home to Seattle.  Unfortunatlely, they made guys like Chris Wilcox look like HOFamers with one dunk after another.   The D was pathetic!
Laker talking head said Mihm was having his best offensive game of the year by far.  Was baffled why Phil took him out and left him out for so long.  Not like it was a few minutes for a breather.

Prior to injury of course.  Did he land on a Sonics foot or just hit the floor wrong?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »
It should also be noted that Rashard Lewis threw a ball in to the stands at Target Center this year and hit a fan.  Lewis did not even get a technical, much less an ejection and a fine.
Lewis threw as in obvious or threw as in swatted ball away when refs were distracted?

You let me know who the other player(s) were who soccer/nfL field goal kicker style kicked a ball out after the 1st of two free throws and had the refs go retrieve the ball with nary an infraction.
Someone hurry up and answer this so Reality can try to justify it  :D

LMAO @ field goal kicker, it didnt even get farther than the out of bounce line on the baseline.  Thats a whoopin 10-15 feet from where he was standing.

He should be fined, he was frustrated and rightfully so, but its still a technical.  If I am helping pay his fine then I assume you are paying Oberto's salary since he isnt earning it from the Spurs organization?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:51:22 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »
I was at the game and at one point looked up at the board and saw the scoring:  Walton - 17, Kobe 22, Mihm 20, Parker 15, Odom 13.  If you would have told me the scoring was going to be that balanced before the game, I would have thought it impossible that Lakers would have lost at home to Seattle.  Unfortunatlely, they made guys like Chris Wilcox look like HOFamers with one dunk after another.   The D was pathetic!
Laker talking head said Mihm was having his best offensive game of the year by far.  Was baffled why Phil took him out and left him out for so long.  Not like it was a few minutes for a breather.

Prior to injury of course.  Did he land on a Sonics foot or just hit the floor wrong?
I was surprised Phil kept Mihm out so long as well.  The only thing I can think is that he was trying to rest him for the last stretch as we were playing catch up the whole game.  That, or he was chapped b/c the Seattle centers and PF's kept getting uncontested dunks, layups & alley-oops.  I don't think I've ever seen so many by 4's and 5's in one game.  

Kobe should have gotten a T for the kick.  But I've noticed sometimes when players slam the ball down or kick it after a missed free throw refs sometimes don't call it even though they technically (no pun intended) should.  I think when the player is ticked at himself for missing a throw they sometimes cut them some slack.  Whereas, if the kick/slam is after a foul call, or a confrontation with an oponent, it's always called.  

Mihm landed on Rashard Lewis's foot.  It looked like a severe sprain, we'll have to see how long he is out.  Well, on a positve note, more PT for Super-Byns!  

Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »
Kobe should have gotten a T for the kick.  But I've noticed sometimes when players slam the ball down or kick it after a missed free throw refs sometimes don't call it even though they technically (no pun intended) should.  I think when the player is ticked at himself for missing a throw they sometimes cut them some slack.  Whereas, if the kick/slam is after a foul call, or a confrontation with an oponent, it's always called.
Sure when they slam it down to themselves or push it back to the ref.

But this was a kick.  Kobe wound up and did a full leg extension.  While he would not have made a 45 yard field goal it certainly was not as Ruggie suggested "only made it to the endline" :rofl:

Kicking it out of bounds is wayyy more obvious then a quick slam dribble to one self.

T indeed.  For anyone, not just those with Kobe favoritism.  What will that make his yearly total?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 04:33:46 PM »
Kobe should have gotten a T for the kick.  But I've noticed sometimes when players slam the ball down or kick it after a missed free throw refs sometimes don't call it even though they technically (no pun intended) should.  I think when the player is ticked at himself for missing a throw they sometimes cut them some slack.  Whereas, if the kick/slam is after a foul call, or a confrontation with an oponent, it's always called.
Sure when they slam it down to themselves or push it back to the ref.

But this was a kick.  Kobe wound up and did a full leg extension.  While he would not have made a 45 yard field goal it certainly was not as Ruggie suggested "only made it to the endline" :rofl:

Kicking it out of bounds is wayyy more obvious then a quick slam dribble to one self.

T indeed.  For anyone, not just those with Kobe favoritism.  What will that make his yearly total?
The ball never got into the stands did you even watch the game?

Let me guess you have it taped....I am just wondering, how is that entire bedroom working out that is dedicated to Laker games youve recorded on VHS of every single game since we've been at Phillyarena?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »

Twisty,

changing the subject to some minor side point is one of your lame specialties.  Grow a pair and comment on the threads topic of whether or not your idol should have gotten a T for the kick.  See msc.

I watched it in realtime and really don't care where/who it landed on or what shade of purple n gold their sweaters were.

Who else has kicked a free throw miss out of bounds and not gotten a T?
The silence is deafening.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:14:21 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

Twisty,

changing the subject to some minor side point is one of your lame specialties.  Grow a pair and comment on the threads topic of whether or not your idol should have gotten a T for the kick.  See msc.

I watched it in realtime and really don't care where/who it landed on or what shade of purple n gold their sweaters were.

Who else has kicked a free throw miss out of bounds and not gotten a T?
The silence is deafening.
LOL

What is your specialty?

FLASH DANCING!!

Wait wait, you do care though.  First it was

While he would not have made a 45 yard field goal it certainly was not as Ruggie suggested "only made it to the endline" 

Now its...

You backpeddle so well you should play center field for the San Diego Padres  :up:

I addressed the exact thread already.  Ill be sure to tell you to grow some in every thread you post in as you go off topic.

How many players have hucked balls into the stands, tagged a fan, and didnt get a T for it?  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:37:17 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Kobme be fined?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 05:41:31 PM »
Kicked a missed free throw attempt Ruggie.
Kicked a missed free throw attempt.