Author Topic: Jerry Colangelo is the Raptors new GM . . .  (Read 683 times)

Guest_Randy

Jerry Colangelo is the Raptors new GM . . .
« on: February 28, 2006, 08:56:51 AM »
okay, the Raps HAVE to be thrilled with this move -- Colangelo is last years GM of the year (while they just fired the worst of the year) and somehow the Suns decide to not renew his contract and let him go?   :eek2: I just don't understand this move by the Suns but I can't help but wonder if the Raps would be willing to trade Kupchak for Colangelo -- we'd even throw in Kwame Brown for good measure!!!  :D  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:39:29 AM »
It's actually not Jerry Colangelo but rather his son, Bryan Colangelo, who took the job with the Raptors.  It was also Bryan who won executive of the year last year.  I think its a shame that the Suns couldn't hold on to this valuable asset.  This guy has seriously impressed with FA signings, shrewd trade proposals, and especially draft selections.  

From the little I've read about the situation, apparently Bryan Colangelo and Robert Sarver did not agree in the general direction the Suns should go.  Robert Sarver heads a group that has bought the Phoenix Suns from Jerry Colangelo, the sale will be complete by next season.  I think Jerry will remain the CEO of the Phoenix Suns with a minor ownership stake.  Bryan also had a very minor ownership stake in the Suns in addition to his $1 million per year salary.  The Toronto Raptors offered him a $3 million per year salary but I haven't heard whether he'll get a piece of the team.  Anyhow, this is going to be a good move for the Raps.  Maybe their rabid fan base will have something to cheer about in the near future.          
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »
Like father like son right??

#1 agenda on the list...

Make sure Chris Bosh stays with the Raptors.  I think he is going to be a very good player in this league and def a nice piece for any team that is trying to make the playoffs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com