Author Topic: Kobe vs Paul Pierce  (Read 741 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe vs Paul Pierce
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:40:56 AM »
Kobe gave it a valliant effort, but in the end it was just he and Paul Pierce.  One on one.  Oh and Pierce is 6'6" so Kobe can guard him.  Kobes lockdown D looking for the refs to overlook his obvious foul on Pierce.  Nope.  Some refs gonna get fired because they correctly gave Pierce the foul shots.

Celts lead by one.  One last chance with 1.7 and Kobe cannot connect at the buzzer.

I guess you can't always win half the time.

Guest_Randy

Kobe vs Paul Pierce
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:10:25 AM »
Kobe gave it a valliant effort, but in the end it was just he and Paul Pierce.  One on one.  Oh and Pierce is 6'6" so Kobe can guard him.  Kobes lockdown D looking for the refs to overlook his obvious foul on Pierce.  Nope.  Some refs gonna get fired because they correctly gave Pierce the foul shots.

Celts lead by one.  One last chance with 1.7 and Kobe cannot connect at the buzzer.

I guess you can't always win half the time.
Your comments show me two things:

1)  You didn't see the game -- you just watched Sportscenter to see what happened.

2)  You talk about Kobe NOT playing team ball but then, when it fits your scenario, you want to talk about him as an individual.

By-the-way, here are Kobe and Pierce's stats in last nights game:
Kobe vs. Pierce
40 min vs. 41 min
11-23 fg vs. 12-20 fg
15-17 ft vs. 14-21 fg
8 reb vs. 7 reb
6 ass vs. 4 ass
1 stl vs. 2 stl
3 TO vs. 6 TO
40 pts vs. 39 pts

Hmm, when you look at all of that, it looks like pretty much a swash doesn't it?  Pierce has a better fg% and one more steal but Kobe has 1 more rebound, 2 more assists, 1 more point and 3 less TO's while shooting far better at the ft line.  

It's almost like it was up to the rest of the TEAM to decide who won the game.  But wait, that doesn't fit your latest tirade so just forget the facts -- they've never bothered you before!

Guest_Randy

Kobe vs Paul Pierce
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:11:44 AM »
By-the-way, if you had watched the game, you would have probably been berating Kobe for hitting an open Odom under the basket instead of shooting the ball himself.  I know I was (probably because I watched the game -- something you obviously haven't done for this one -- and the one against the Clips and the one against SacTown).

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe vs Paul Pierce
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
By-the-way, if you had watched the game,
Randee Randee,

Do you want to stick to the threads topic and comment on the games decisive last possession for both teams?  You did watch the game, didn't you?

Let me add, all indications are Kobme thought the Lakers had a foul to give.  Thus he obviously (for those not Krisha indoctrinated) reached around the back and fouled Pierce for all to see.  No call!! :rofl:  Pierce continued a step and went up with the ball.  Now whether or not Kobe continued to go for the "intentional foul to give" who knows, as he hacked Pierce on the shot attempt.  It sure looked that way.  He could have been going for the *lockdown* block tho.  I'll wait and see if msc or some other intellgent poster saw the play sequence.

Kobes increasing his assist total and fg % these past two months has indeed been most commendable.