Author Topic: Barry trade a ploy?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:47:22 PM »
Some have said the fallen deal between New Oklahomas JR Smith for Brent Barry that *fell thru* a half hour before the deadline was a psyche ploy by the Spurs to motivate Barry.  Others say it was merely the Spurs wanting to get younger.

While I dont think so, it has been nice to see Barry finally get some quality minutes and compare how he has done in the 2nd half of the season compared to "Bricks" Finley.  

83-80 win vs Memphis

Barry then Bricks.
21 min [span style=\'color:red\']27
3-5 fg's 3-12
1-2 treys 1-5
5 boards 2
3 assists 1
3 steals 0
0 turnovers[/span] 1

Tonite 92-75 win vs Golden State
Barry then Finley
18 min 20
10 pts zero points for Bricks
3-6 fg's0-4
3-5 treys 0-1
7 boards 3
2 assists 3

Ya lets hope "Bricks" picks it up.  Lame excuse that he needs *more time to fit in* -yeah like 50 games isn't enough.
Barry should never have been the one on the hot seat but if this Spurs him on then great.

Some quotes:
"It's a privilege to be playing in the NBA, but to be part of this team goes above and beyond that," Barry said. "Regardless of what happened or what didn't happen, I'm still here and I want to win games."

From the moment he learned he might be traded to the time Popovich phoned back to tell him the deal was off, Barry had almost four hours to wonder about his future.

"I wish there had been a local bar that was open," he said, "but it was 10 in the morning."

On Friday morning, Popovich said he wasn't worried how Barry would respond.

"If he can turn it the right way in his head and make a motivation, it can be a positive," Popovich said. "I think he's going to be fine."

Barry's 20 minutes were his most in almost a month. For the past few weeks, he has had to scrap for time behind Manu Ginobili, Michael Finley and Bruce Bowen. The near trade, he said, made a difficult situation "that much more difficult."

For now, he'll try to stay positive. And stay ready.

"It's obviously been a tough 48 hours, but ... I'm just going to fight," he said. "Anybody who's a professional athlete is a competitor. At this point, that's what it's about for me: competing and trying to take advantage of every opportunity I get."  

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:17:13 AM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:04:16 AM »
Actually, you are comparing Barry to the wrong player -- it's CLEAR from the stats of last nights game that Barry should be starting for the Spurs rather than Manu.

Manu vs. Barry
33 min vs. 21 min
3-9 fg vs 3-5 fg
1 reb vs. 5 reb
4 ass vs 3 ass
4 stl vs 3 stl
2 to vs 0 to
13 pts vs 7 pts

It's CLEAR that Manu isn't helping the Spurs as much as Barry would -- Barry almost outproduced Manu in 1/3 of the minutes.  Pop should wake up and see that Barry should be starting and Manu should be coming off the bench!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »
Yawn.

When Finley is a heavy contributor in which 2 of his 1st 3 NBA seasons result in titles, get back to me.  Yes I am disappointed Manu had a letdown in his only non-title NBA season but I'm not going to bench him for that.

Also check and compare the season and career stats.

Then have a cup of coffee on me.  Or have the coffee 1st.  You and Joe could drive into Kansas City, which has a ton of excellent Mom and Pop owned fresh roasted and ground coffee shops.

And a free plane ticket on W.O.W.  Are you going to accept W.O.W.s generous offer?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 02:19:29 PM »
Actually, you are comparing Barry to the wrong player -- it's CLEAR from the stats of last nights game that Barry should be starting for the Spurs rather than Manu.

Manu vs. Barry
33 min vs. 21 min
3-9 fg vs 3-5 fg
1 reb vs. 5 reb
4 ass vs 3 ass
4 stl vs 3 stl
2 to vs 0 to
13 pts vs 7 pts

It's CLEAR that Manu isn't helping the Spurs as much as Barry would -- Barry almost outproduced Manu in 1/3 of the minutes.  Pop should wake up and see that Barry should be starting and Manu should be coming off the bench!
Hoodini Ginobili vs. Barry

Clearly the Spurs need to deal Ginobili because people around this board disagreed with me on who was the better of the two in another thread.

Could frequent flyer miles help motivate Randolphski to come see Barry Manilow woo the crowd with the sudden amount of talent he has developed after an internet disagreement?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:19:42 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 04:41:12 PM »

Clearly the Spurs need to deal Ginobili because people around this board disagreed with me on who was the better of the two in another thread.

Could frequent flyer miles help motivate Randolphski to come see Barry Manilow woo the crowd with the sudden amount of talent he has developed after an internet disagreement?
County of Orange van and therapist are on the way.
Stay in the same place.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:36:31 AM »

County of Orange van and therapist are on the way.
Stay in the same place.
Do I need to stay in the same place so you can  keep me posted on what they tell you your mental condition is?  :rofl:

Finley goes from great  pick up and new ring bearing superstar (reality stance prior to season) to  getting his very own sandbox nickname making him sound like a useless player who is no longer contributing (reality stance post-internet argument)

Raarrggghhhh <---sound a  stomach makes after juicing with rotten apples
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:37:11 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 01:24:43 AM »
Finley goes from great  pick up and new ring bearing superstar (reality stance prior to season) to  getting his very own sandbox nickname making him sound like a useless player who is no longer contributing (reality stance post-internet argument)

westkoast>>> lying before season
westkoast>>> lying during season

One of the things we will teach you in your recovery is flexibility.

Special Ed Teacher Mr. Koast

Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »
Finley goes from great  pick up and new ring bearing superstar (reality stance prior to season) to  getting his very own sandbox nickname making him sound like a useless player who is no longer contributing (reality stance post-internet argument)

westkoast>>> lying before season
westkoast>>> lying during season

One of the things we will teach you in your recovery is flexibility.
Oh really?  I am a liar....

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...wtopic=2334&hl=

You were singing a song about Michael rowing in Championship trophys now that he is on the Spurs.  Your whole giddiness in the thread proves you were high on Finley when they signed him.

Now he plays weak defense (ala Barry) and has not got his own corny elementry school nickname you give only to players you dislike.

Here is another tip, don't call someone a liar when there is evidence of things you said sitting right in a database.  Makes you look like an even bigger moron than usual.

Reality's sings the hits

Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »
That means i'm still doing things the right way.

I get tons of email from lurking board members. They think I'm great.

Michael Finley is a Spur. Sing it out now. Michael Finley is a Spur.

Track2:

Michael row the trophy ashore, Do do DOOOO doo
Michael row the trophy ashore, Do dut dooo doooo do.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Making you look dumb is liking shooting fish in a barrel now.  You let your little fingers go off before the hampsters run fast enough to let your noggin catch up.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
Oh really?  I am a liar....

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...wtopic=2334&hl=

You were singing a song about Michael rowing in Championship trophys now that he is on the Spurs.  Your whole giddiness in the thread proves you were high on Finley when they signed him.
Entirety of what I actually posted:  "My form fitting Spurs undies continue to feel great.  Randy "Why should he go to the Spurs"

Which you lie to:  "Finley goes from great pick up and new ring bearing superstar (reality stance prior to season) to getting his very own sandbox nickname making him sound like a useless player who is no longer contributing (reality stance post-internet argument)

Thanks for posting the link.  Shows what other posters including msc, Xs3 and Jomal thought of Spurs getting Finley.  Here is just one:

"Jiminy Christmas!!! Can we present the 05-06 O'Brien trophy to the Spurs now and just skip ahead to the start of the 2006-2007 season?!??! WTF?!?

Seriously, congrats Spurs fans ... it looks like your team's dynasty is still in its infancy stage. Enjoy it while it lasts b/c once it's over every disgruntled fan of “team-mediocrity-de-jur” is going to be lining up to take shots at you!" -msc

lie on...

Special Ed Teacher Mr. Koast

Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »
Like I said, went from ring bearing Finley to petty name calling of Finley.

People dont make up songs chanting on a player joining another team unless they are happy about it and high on that player.

Sorry for bringing up the facts and making you look like an idiot.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »

People dont make up songs chanting on a player joining another team unless they are happy about it and high on that player.

Finley may still wear a ring and at the same I'll call him Bricks if he keeps up his 37% shooting.

Point is, i had the Spurs with the 2006 title with or without Finley.  As did many others.  Have another cup.

I wrote songs about Kobe also.  So much for your theory.  Carista the Barista another cup for B-Rad.

You're now outside the MaliBu or Newport-Bu Starbucks.
Beating your chest. :rofl:

Confused Special Ed Teacher Mr.

Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »

Finley may still wear a ring and at the same I'll call him Bricks if he keeps up his 37% shooting.

Point is, i had the Spurs with the 2006 title with or without Finley.  As did many others.  Have another cup.

I wrote songs about Kobe also.  So much for your theory.  Carista the Barista another cup for B-Rad.

You're now outside the MaliBu or Newport-Bu Starbucks.
Beating your chest. :rofl:
I would love to reply to this but I have no idea what you are talking about  :rofl:   :crazy:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
I would love to reply to this but I have no idea what you are talking about  :rofl:   :crazy:
ya.  Sounds like more honesty from you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:10:17 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry trade a ploy?
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 09:29:30 AM »
For those who lack the faith....

Superstar Barry  27 min 1-4 (.250) 3 pts, 1 reb, 3 assts, o stl, 1 to

Bricks Finley  22 min  8-8 (1.000) 22 pts, 4 reb, 3 assts, 1 stl, 0 to

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues