Author Topic: next 10  (Read 1071 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
next 10
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:50:26 AM »
I missed it.  did anyone see who they chose?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
next 10
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
1) Tim Duncan
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Dominique Wilkins
4) Allen Iverson
5) Bob McAdoo
6) Kevin Garnett
7) Reggie Miller
8 ) Connie Hawkins
9) Jason Kidd
10) Gary Payton

That was the official list.  Although I've been told this is simply a TNT sponsored list, has this list been officially sponsored by the NBA as the selection of the first 50 in 1996 was?

Commenting on the list, 9 of the 10 guys I thought should've have gotten in were named.  The only thing I would do is replace Connie Hawkins with Bob Lanier.  Hawk did most of his damage in the ABA and didn't have a very long career as a whole.  Whereas people can argue (and successfully) that Lanier was second only to Kareem during his tenure (the Era of the great Centers), career averages of 22 points and 10 rebounds.  Lanier never gets fanfare because he happend to be on a very mediocre Detroit Pistons team during his prime.    

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
next 10
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »
hmmmm.....interesting.  Thanks.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
next 10
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »
Although I've been told this is simply a TNT sponsored list, has this list been officially sponsored by the NBA as the selection of the first 50 in 1996 was?

There is no mention or acknowledgement of this list on NBA.com so I would assume that it was TNT's promo gimmick.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues