Author Topic: Prep star scores 113?  (Read 1774 times)

Guest_Randy

Prep star scores 113?
« on: February 02, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »
Epiphanny Prince of Murry Bergtraum High School scored 113 points in a game Wednesday, breaking a national prep record previously held by Hall of Famer Cheryl Miller.
Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior guard, led her team to a 137-32 victory over Brandeis High School.

"After I scored 29 points in the first quarter, I didn't think much of it," Prince told The Associated Press in a phone interview late Wednesday night. "After I had 58 points at the half, and especially after having in the 80s after the third quarter, I just decided to go for it."

Prince had 58 points at halftime for the Lady Blazers, ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today.

"At the half, we thought she had a chance to break the record so we just let her go," coach Ed Grezinsky said.

Miller scored 105 points for Riverside Poly in California against Riverside Norte Vista in 1982. She went on to become an All-American at USC.

"It's an amazing thing when an individual does that," said Cavaliers star LeBron James, who was told about Prince's performance Wednesday night after Cleveland beat New Jersey. "I don't know who she is, but maybe we'll see her in the WNBA. For that matter, the NBA."

Two-time WNBA MVP Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a half for Morningside High School in Inglewood, Calif., against South Torrance in 1990. South Torrance refused to play the second half.

Prince, one of the nation's top high school players, is headed to Rutgers next season. Her previous high this season was 51 points.

"It was efficient," Prince said. "It wasn't like I missed a whole bunch of shots. That's what made it even better."

The boys' high school record is 135 points set by Danny Heater of Burnsville High School in West Virginia in 1960, according to the National High School Sports Record Book on the National Federation of State High School Association's Web site.

In his stunning 81-point game last month, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was 28-of-46 from the floor against the Toronto Raptors.

The NBA record is 100 points in a game by Wilt Chamberlain in 1962.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »
The lousy selfish ball hogging little witch!!!! Change her name from Epiphanny to EpiphaME.
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:26:57 PM »
How many assists did she have. :angry:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »
This is hurting the game for young females.  Instead of pushing the team first mentality by getting 50 assists this woman decides to go for 113 points only further starting the trend of young basketball players wanting to only score.   Starting from last night until the end of time you will now see young basketball players wanting to score and thats it.

Shame on her....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 07:20:28 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 07:11:39 PM »
What's even crazier is that Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a HALF in high school.  The other team didn't come out for the second half.  How does someone score 101 points in a half ... at any level?  Plus in HS girls bball, I think the halfs are 16 mins.  That would be 6.31 points per minute ... Un-be-lievable!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »
What's even crazier is that Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a HALF in high school.  The other team didn't come out for the second half.  How does someone score 101 points in a half ... at any level?  Plus in HS girls bball, I think the halfs are 16 mins.  That would be 6.31 points per minute ... Un-be-lievable!
What if:

Wilt
Hakeem Olajuwan
Bob Parish
Shaq
or
Tim Duncan amoung others.....

Had legally married and fathered children with Lisa Leslie.
How much NBA or WNBA potential would their offspring have?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »
What's even crazier is that Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a HALF in high school.  The other team didn't come out for the second half.  How does someone score 101 points in a half ... at any level?  Plus in HS girls bball, I think the halfs are 16 mins.  That would be 6.31 points per minute ... Un-be-lievable!
What if:

Wilt
Hakeem Olajuwan
Bob Parish
Shaq
or
Tim Duncan amoung others.....

Had legally married and fathered children with Lisa Leslie.
How much NBA or WNBA potential would their offspring have?
You'd probably see the first female win the NBA scoring title, MVP, DOPY and the slam dunk contest in the same year (NBA not WNBA).  

Or you'd see a polite, out-of-shape, pot smoking hoe with poor blood circulation that's slept with over 10,000 johns.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »
Maybe a stupid question but whats a "DOPY".  A Dwarf? B)  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 10:29:08 AM »
Maybe a stupid question but whats a "DOPY".  A Dwarf? B)
No, no no.

It is D ominant O ffensive P layer of the Y ear.

Kobe is on a mission to take it away from Shaq this year.  (Obligatory Laker sighting for this thread).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:30:04 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 11:57:16 AM »
Anyone know when Sam Cassell and Vince Carter will repond to this???

:rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
After reading this article I find the "accomplishment" even more ridiculous.

We had a situation like this last year in MN.  A boy set a new state scoring record with 92 points.  Thing is he's a DII level talent who had been booted off his public school team and was playing for an alternative school.  He set the recored against another alternative school team made up Hmong students who had only picked up the game in the past couple years.  Also, the Hmong tend to be extremely short.  I don't think I've ever seen a Hmong man taller than 5'8".  

jn

Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »
And since I mention an article I suppose I should post a link.  :bash:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...ht&lid=tab1pos1

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 12:35:16 PM »
After reading this article I find the "accomplishment" even more ridiculous.

We had a situation like this last year in MN.  A boy set a new state scoring record with 92 points.  Thing is he's a DII level talent who had been booted off his public school team and was playing for an alternative school.  He set the recored against another alternative school team made up Hmong students who had only picked up the game in the past couple years.  Also, the Hmong tend to be extremely short.  I don't think I've ever seen a Hmong man taller than 5'8".
By alternative school do you mean 'day care for kids in their teens' ??  Out here the other schools you get sent to after you get kicked out are jokes.  Whole classroom filled with trouble makers with no real work or homework assigned.

Vince Carter has already responded

Carter went on to say, "I think it is great for (the high school game): They want scoring, they want parents happy, and you are going to get that. You are definitely going to get them now with the amount of 50-point games, 60-plus games. I just hope that kids and young women understand that (only) special girls can do that. Yeah, the (other players) were trying to get her the ball, they wanted to see a special night. But they all know their roles.  Now get out of my face and stop asking me questions just because I use to be able to score 45 and cannot do that anymore"

« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 12:38:03 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 01:36:34 PM »
westkoast,

The alternative schools vary widely here.  Some are okay actually.  A few, like the losing team in the aforementioned story, are for recent immigrants, particularly Hmong, Vietnamese and Somali.  And yes there are some that are a real joke, including a large one in downtown Mpls that was open for less than a year before the top administration was run off for shoddy accounting of both money and the students behavior.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Prep star scores 113?
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »
No, no no.

It is D ominant O ffensive P layer of the Y ear.

Kobe is on a mission to take it away from Shaq this year.  (Obligatory Laker sighting for this thread).
Exactly Lurker.

That idiot Skandypants was trying to take a shot at me thinking I meant Defensive Player Of the Year.  What a dummy huh... :unsure:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"