Author Topic: Kobe breaks more records  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:59:36 PM »
Madison Square Garden record for conversions and attempts at the line after making 23 of 26 free throws.  On 17 field goal attempts.  rrrraaaagh.

Is 40 points on 7 made field goals also a record? :rolleyes:

The Lakers were awarded 27 FTs to 5 for the Knicks at halftime en route to a 58-24 advantage.  On the road.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:00:12 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:13:43 AM »
Madison Square Garden record for conversions and attempts at the line after making 23 of 26 free throws.  On 17 field goal attempts.  rrrraaaagh.

Is 40 points on 7 made field goals also a record? :rolleyes:

The Lakers were awarded 27 FTs to 5 for the Knicks at halftime en route to a 58-24 advantage.  On the road.
Technical Fouls as follows:

NYK 1st Qtr 4:11  Quentin Richardson
NYK 3rd Qtr 5:46  Larry Brown (2 free throws for this ejection)
NYK 3rd Qtr 5:46  Channing Frye
NYK 3rd Qtr 9:44  Eddy Curry

Flagrant foul on Antonio Davis (2 more free throws)

2 fouls on him while he was shooting 3 pointers.

RAAARRGHHHH

Watch the game box score boy  :up:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 01:25:10 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:43:17 AM »
Technical Fouls as follows:

NYK 1st Qtr 4:11  Quentin Richardson
NYK 3rd Qtr 5:46  Larry Brown (2 free throws for this ejection)
NYK 3rd Qtr 5:46  Channing Frye
NYK 3rd Qtr 9:44  Eddy Curry

Flagrant foul on Antonio Davis (2 more free throws)

2 fouls on him while he was shooting 3 pointers.

RAAARRGHHHH

Watch the game box score boy  :up: [/quote]
 Why, it never does you any good.
Maybe I will watch this record setting performance some day.

By posting when the technicals occured you are hoping to accomplish??
Somehow diminishes the FT discrepancy because some were techs?  rrrrraaaagh!

As for LB:
"The Knicks were likely frustrated by the foul discrepancy. The Lakers had a 38-9 advantage in free throws attempted at that point.

Brown was ejected for the first time this season. He had only been called for two technical fouls entering the game."

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:34:25 AM »
Just to show you that not everyone (actually, I'd say ANYONE) sees things the way you do!

Chants of "MVP!" "MVP" rained down from the Madison Square Garden crowd as Tuesday night's game was ending.

And from Assistant Knicks Coach, Herb Williams:

"I just think they came out and played much harder than we did," said Herb Williams, who finished up coaching the Knicks after Larry Brown was ejected. "And as a consequence they shot a lot of free throws."

Hmm, this WAS probably a foul by Davis against Kobe (at least in everyone else's eyes but yours!

Davis was called for a flagrant foul when he grabbed Bryant by the neck with 7:09 left in the third quarter

You know what's funny -- you didn't even WATCH the game but you want to tell us how unfair the officiating was.  However, you fail to post this kind of stat for ANY other team, huh?  Yep, definately unbiased posting, huh?

Guest_Randy

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:38:27 AM »
Just in case there is any doubt, that was my post above!

Now back to the ongoing hatred of Reality for the Lakers!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »
Just to show you that not everyone (actually, I'd say ANYONE) sees things the way you do!

Chants of "MVP!" "MVP" rained down from the Madison Square Garden crowd as Tuesday night's game was ending.

"I just think they came out and played much harder than we did," said Herb Williams, who finished up coaching the Knicks after Larry Brown was ejected. "And as a consequence they shot a lot of free throws."

Hmm, this WAS probably a foul by Davis against Kobe (at least in everyone else's eyes but yours!

Davis was called for a flagrant foul when he grabbed Bryant by the neck with 7:09 left in the third quarter

You know what's funny -- you didn't even WATCH the game but you want to tell us how unfair the officiating was.  However, you fail to post this kind of stat for ANY other team, huh?  Yep, definately unbiased posting, huh?
yeah that New York is a tough place to play.

Lakerism is indeed a global sect.  I have been marketing to that fact for years.
That chants of MVP were made by 4 people in the stands does not surprise me.  
Remember when espn reported a bunch of Kobe worship at a Utah game.  Ted was in attendance to tell us what really happened.  Those of us with ears. B)

Herb Williams quote indeed looks credible to me.  Unless he just signed a Laker assistant coach contract.  But you of course do not believe anything you read from the box scores and story.  So I dunno, you must not believe the Herb quote either.

I really want to hear from Larry Brown.

If you skirts want to discuss 7 field goals to make 40 points, go for it.  That Wilt, Doc J, Bird, George Gervin, Shaq on and on never shot that many FTAs in the Garden is clearly my bias. :rofl:

Guest_Randy

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »

yeah that New York is a tough place to play.

Lakerism is indeed a global sect.  I have been marketing to that fact for years.
That chants of MVP were made by 4 people in the stands does not surprise me.  
Remember when espn reported a bunch of Kobe worship at a Utah game.  Ted was in attendance to tell us what really happened.  Those of us with ears. B)

Herb Williams quote indeed looks credible to me.  Unless he just signed a Laker assistant coach contract.  But you of course do not believe anything you read from the box scores and story.  So I dunno, you must not believe the Herb quote either.

I really want to hear from Larry Brown.

If you skirts want to discuss 7 field goals to make 40 points, go for it.  That Wilt, Doc J, Bird, George Gervin, Shaq on and on never shot that many FTAs in the Garden is clearly my bias. :rofl:
Hmm, you REALLY don't think that Wilt ever shot that many ft's?  Oh, that's right -- you had to list "in the Garden."  What difference does it make which arena it was in?  Some of those guys DID shoot that many ft's, didn't they?

Oh, and the point Koast was trying to make was that not ALL of those ft's were personal fouls on Kobe -- some of them were technical fouls (that Kobe is elected to shoot because he is the best ft shooter on the team).

Now you can go back to your regular hating schedule!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »

Somehow diminishes the FT discrepancy because some were techs?  rrrrraaaagh!

As for LB:
"The Knicks were likely frustrated by the foul discrepancy. The Lakers had a 38-9 advantage in free throws attempted at that point.

Brown was ejected for the first time this season. He had only been called for two technical fouls entering the game."
Um, like I said box score boy if you watched the game you would know Kobe shot all the technical fouls in the game.

When you shoot 7 FTs strickly based off the other teams technical and flagrant fouls then they go on to foul you two times while shooting a 3 then you will see that quickly becomes 13 FTs for Kobe based off stupidity of the other team.

Also, if you watched the game you would have saw how quickly the Knicks were running out of fouls because they were not playing defense.  The Lakers had 54 points in the paint.  Ill break it down for you so you cant do your normal twist and shout....that means they were attacking the rim.  The Lakers average WELL under 54 points a game in the paint.

As for Brown, I am sure before the game the league put a gun to his head and told him 'your team is going to go down by 20 so I want you to walk right into Steve Javie's face and call him names at center court to show him up in front of the fans'  But you wouldnt know why he got ejected because you didnt watch the game.

The Knicks actually held the record for most FTs this season with 56, Lakers had 57 last night.  So is the league helping out the Knicks also?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 10:53:49 AM by westkoast »

Guest_Randy

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:11:28 AM »

Somehow diminishes the FT discrepancy because some were techs?  rrrrraaaagh!

As for LB:

Um, like I said box score boy if you watched the game you would know Kobe shot all the technical fouls in the game.

When you shoot 7 FTs strickly based off the other teams technical and flagrant fouls then they go on to foul you two times while shooting a 3 then you will see that quickly becomes 13 FTs for Kobe based off stupidity of the other team.

Also, if you watched the game you would have saw how quickly the Knicks were running out of fouls because they were not playing defense.  The Lakers had 54 points in the paint.  Ill break it down for you so you cant do your normal twist and shout....that means they were attacking the rim.  The Lakers average WELL under 54 points a game in the paint.

As for Brown, I am sure before the game the league put a gun to his head and told him 'your team is going to go down by 20 so I want you to walk right into Steve Javie's face and call him names at center court to show him up in front of the fans'  But you wouldnt know why he got ejected because you didnt watch the game.

The Knicks actually held the record for most FTs this season with 56, Lakers had 57 last night.  So is the league helping out the Knicks also?
PLEASE do not confuse Reality with the facts -- they never support his "reality" and simply get in the way of his opinions!

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:37:57 PM »
One more quick thing to point out for those who didn't have the benefit of actually watching the game on which they are fervently commenting.  

The Knicks came out red-hot from deep in the field.  Marbury swished a couple of 3's and deep 2's.  Q. Richardson sank at least one or two as well.  They went up 18-9 early in the first Qtr. and from there on out really fell in love with the jump shot.  Except for a few very impressive/aggressive put-backs by Curry, there was limited scoring from NY in the paint.  That combined with the Lakers aggression to the basket is going to result in a lopsided free throw stat every time.  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 03:22:21 PM »
I want you to walk right into Steve Javie's face

I'd like to first admit that I didn't watch the game BUT I'm not surprised that Steve Javie was involved.  

Its absolutely GUT-WRENCHING just how AWFUL of a referee this guy is.  On second though awful is just not strong enough...its ridiculous how sickeningly putrid of a referee....still not strong enough...I give up.  Words haven't been invented to describe how bad of a referee this guy is.  :puke:  

If people are telling me this was a game where technicals were dropping like potatos and records of trips to the line or free throw discrepency was un-precedented.  I'll say this one thing only:  It doesn't surprise me that Steve Javie was the ref.  :puke:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 03:23:23 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 03:44:21 PM »

I'd like to first admit that I didn't watch the game BUT I'm not surprised that Steve Javie was involved.  

Its absolutely GUT-WRENCHING just how AWFUL of a referee this guy is.  On second though awful is just not strong enough...its ridiculous how sickeningly putrid of a referee....still not strong enough...I give up.  Words haven't been invented to describe how bad of a referee this guy is.  :puke:  

If people are telling me this was a game where technicals were dropping like potatos and records of trips to the line or free throw discrepency was un-precedented.  I'll say this one thing only:  It doesn't surprise me that Steve Javie was the ref.  :puke:
Wow, it sure takes you a llloooonnnnggggg time to say "one thing only" -- you've spent too much time with Joey V.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »

Exactly my point in bringing that up since Reality wanted to make it sound as if the ref team all decided to boot Larry Brown out to help the Lakers.  He walked up to the wrong ref, got in his face, had choice words, then was ejected.  If it was any other ref I think they would have gave LB a tech but not an ejection.

Not to help out your hatred for Steve or anything but it was such a punk move on his part when LB got in his face at center court......he turns away to walk to the otherside of the floor like he is going to just blow it off......soon as he turns his back to Larry and Brown walks back to his bench *WHISTLE* EJECTION!!  Couldn't even do it to his face!!!  Brown was shocked he was thrown out just like that but thats Steve for ya!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
Wasn't it Steve Javie that Nick Van Exel (on the Lakers) punched onto the scorer's table, and I was cheering for Nick Van Exel.    
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

Kobe breaks more records
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 10:03:26 PM »
Wasn't it Steve Javie that Nick Van Exel (on the Lakers) punched onto the scorer's table, and I was cheering for Nick Van Exel.
Skander,

I think the NVE incident was Ron Garrison -- anyone else remember?  (oh, by-the-way, I LAUGHED when NVE did it -- can't stand Garrison)