Author Topic: Good articel on Fabs  (Read 3937 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »
Let the golden lock stroking begin!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:49:52 PM »
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories...o.1cb20a64.html
 :hail:

Fine summary.
It's one perhaps WOW, westkoast, and Randy will benefit from.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »

Fine summary.
That guy should pay me.  That's exactly what I, and others on this board have been saying.  I've been saying he's a nothing stiff ala Rasho, he can't even beat Rasho out for minutes, and others are saying his game isn't suited for the Spurs and he won't get off the bench behind players like Horry, Rasho and Nazr.

That article might have been enlightening for some, but I've know far more than the author wrote for months. YAWN!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »

Fine summary.
I learned alot Reality.  I learned that he is not good enough to take minutes from Horry, Mohammed, and Rasho.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »
Not quite sure why you guys had to wait for me to write the article for the newspaper but this falls somewhere around what I said from the beginning.

:bash:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »

Fine summary.
Duncan and Rasho Nesterovic start at power forward and center, and Horry usually closes games with Duncan. Nazr Mohammed, whose play also has improved the past few games, typically receives the leftover minutes.

As part of that process, assistant coach Chip Engelland has worked with Oberto before practice and games to retool his shooting form. Coaches have long grimaced at the awkward release point of Oberto's shot.

In all but two of his six seasons in Spain, he shot below 50percent from the free-throw line.

Whether Oberto has the size and athleticism to become an everyday player in the NBA remains to be seen. Playing well against the Bobcats and Hornets isn't the same as, say, blocking out the Wallaces in Detroit.

But Oberto promised this much: "I'll keep working."

Wow, obviously I HAVE been TOTALLY wrong about this guy -- he definately is living up the the promise that the GREAT Reality boasted when he "scoped" his talent on this board.  By that I mean that he sometimes gets off the bench when the stiff known as Rasho gets tired, that is!  Yep, definately a RINGING endorsement of your abilities to assess talent, Reality!

Guest_Randy

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »
If you had any doubts, that was my post above!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 01:56:08 AM »
rrrraaaaugh Laker math.  Fabs got more minutes then Rasho or Nazr.  Not that the NBA title seeking Spurs are competing for ME minutes.  We'll leave that to "Ocho" and you his followers.

You clowns are doing a diservice to guys like Kurt Rambo 1985.  I'll reach you with Lakerese in a visit to The Laker House soon.

Back to backers

Fabricio Oberto,
23 mins 4-4 shooting
5 boards
5 assists

Nazr
21 min 1-4
7 boards
0 assists

Rasho
18 min 4-6
2 Rebs
0 assists

Next night
Fabs 28 min
Nazr 21
Rash 14
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:18:24 AM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:14 AM »
rrrraaaaugh Laker math.  Fabs got more minutes then Rasho or Nazr.  Not that the NBA title seeking Spurs are competing for ME minutes.  We'll leave that to "Ocho" and you his followers.

You clowns are doing a diservice to guys like Kurt Rambo 1985.  I'll reach you with Lakerese in a visit to The Laker House soon.

Back to backers

Fabricio Oberto,
23 mins 4-4 shooting
5 boards
5 assists

Nazr
21 min 1-4
7 boards
0 assists

Rasho
18 min 4-6
2 Rebs
0 assists

Next night
Fabs 28 min
Nazr 21
Rash 14
Hmm, let's make sure that we tell EVERYTHING Reality:

1) the game you quoted (4-4) was against who?  The mighty Bobcats!  Impressive huh?

2)  You posted the MINUTES for the second game -- but why didn't you post the stats?   :rofl: Yeah, we know why -- but let's bring it all into the light anyway.
    Rasho - 14 min. 1 for 6, 4 reb. 4 points
    Nazr - 21 min. 2 for 6, 7 reb. 13 points and 5 fouls
    Oberto - 28 min. 1 for 5, 7 reb. 1 ass. 6 points and 5 fouls.

Hmm, for 1 for 5 doesn't sound ver good, does it?  6 points in 28 minutes?  1 assist?  Oh, and you forget that the REASON Oberto got 28 minutes was due to Nazr having 5 fouls!

3)  Did you miss the stats for the Spurs LAST game -- against the TWolves?
     Rash 27 minutes
     Nazr 17 minutes
     Oberto 3 minutes

And WHO is talking about misleading math?  You see the stats you want to and ignore the others!  Seems like you and Pop have DIFFERENT assessments on Oberto and Rasho, Nazr and Horry CONTINUE to beat out Oberto for minutes!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »
Hmm, let's make sure that we tell EVERYTHING Reality:

1) the game you quoted (4-4) was against who?  The mighty Bobcats!  Impressive huh?

2)  You posted the MINUTES for the second game -- but why didn't you post the stats?   :rofl: Yeah, we know why -- but let's bring it all into the light anyway.
    Rasho - 14 min. 1 for 6, 4 reb. 4 points
    Nazr - 21 min. 2 for 6, 7 reb. 13 points and 5 fouls
    Oberto - 28 min. 1 for 5, 7 reb. 1 ass. 6 points and 5 fouls.

Hmm, for 1 for 5 doesn't sound ver good, does it?  6 points in 28 minutes?  1 assist?  Oh, and you forget that the REASON Oberto got 28 minutes was due to Nazr having 5 fouls!

3)  Did you miss the stats for the Spurs LAST game -- against the TWolves?
     Rash 27 minutes
     Nazr 17 minutes
     Oberto 3 minutes

And WHO is talking about misleading math?  You see the stats you want to and ignore the others!  Seems like you and Pop have DIFFERENT assessments on Oberto and Rasho, Nazr and Horry CONTINUE to beat out Oberto for minutes! [/quote]
 You're gooing to reveal EVERYTHING to us? :bounce:   Oh goodie.

You're missing the whole point of the article.  Fabs will do whatever it takes to contribute to a title.  If its 20 minutes one night then stepping aside for Big Shot Rob the next, so be it.  Everything I wanted from him.  I'll write you in Lakerese soon.

"I'm so happy to be on this team," Oberto said. "These guys won a championship last year. They know how to play, how to win.

Fabricio Oberto, shooting over the Nuggets' Kenyon Martin, was happily learning and sitting until called upon to fill minutes in place of the injured Robert Horry.  

"For me, it's a great time to keep learning."

Oberto has done more than learn the past week. With Robert Horry sidelined by a lower abdominal strain, Oberto has averaged 7.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 20.0 minutes the past four games.

During the Spurs' back-to-back victories over Charlotte and New Orleans, he totaled 16 points, 12 rebounds and six assists in 51 minutes.

"When you're in his position, it's about waiting your turn and being ready to play," Tim Duncan said. "I think he's done just that."

Oberto also knows his minutes could evaporate when Horry returns.

Duncan and Rasho Nesterovic start at power forward and center, and Horry usually closes games with Duncan. Nazr Mohammed, whose play also has improved the past few games, typically receives the leftover minutes.

Before Horry's injury, Oberto averaged only 5.1 minutes in the Spurs' first 38 games, including 11 where he didn't play at all. It's the least he has played since his first pro season in Argentina.

But if Oberto has any regrets about signing with the Spurs — he received a three-year, $7.3million contract with the third season at his option — he's kept them hidden. He knew the competition for playing time among the big men would be tough.

"But the season has so many games," Oberto said. "That's why you have a long bench. So when someone likes Robert has an injury, a player has to cover his spot."

Oberto, like most international rookies, has needed time to adjust to the NBA's speed and athleticism. His transition was further slowed when he sprained his left ankle and missed part of the exhibition season.

Because the Spurs like their big men to space the floor for Duncan, Oberto also has worked to develop more of a face-up game. In Europe, he primarily was a back-to-the-basket player who rarely shot from the perimeter.

As part of that process, assistant coach Chip Engelland has worked with Oberto before practice and games to retool his shooting form. Coaches have long grimaced at the awkward release point of Oberto's shot.

In all but two of his six seasons in Spain, he shot below 50percent from the free-throw line.

"You should see video of me with the (Argentine) national team," he said with a laugh.

The Spurs hardly consider Oberto's shot a finished product, but they have noticed improvement. In Tuesday's victory over Charlotte, he made a pair of midrange jump shots. He's also hit eight of his last 11 free throws.

"He looked good at the line to me," said Tony Parker, who is trying to undergo a similar transformation.

Oberto's biggest contributions, however, usually come in what coach Gregg Popovich calls the "blue-collar" areas: rebounding, setting screens, passing. In each of the past four games, he's had at least two offensive rebounds — one of the team's biggest areas of concern.

"He knows his role, and he's sticking to it," Duncan said.
Oberto, like Manu Ginobili, is a high-energy player, which can make him foul- and mistake-prone like his good friend. His aggressiveness can be both infectious and irritating.

Tired of Oberto buzzing around him last week, Shaquille O'Neal knocked the rookie backward. O'Neal picked up his third foul in the process and went to the bench for the remainder of the half.

Oberto's upbeat personality also has fit well in the Spurs' locker room.

"The guys have been excited to see him do well these last few games," assistant coach Mike Budenholzer said. "During the grind of the middle of the season, that means something."

Whether Oberto has the size and athleticism to become an everyday player in the NBA remains to be seen. Playing well against the Bobcats and Hornets isn't the same as, say, blocking out the Wallaces in Detroit.

But Oberto promised this much: "I'll keep working."

Guest_Randy

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
Hmm, let's see if we have this right.

Reality states that Oberto is going to be a GREAT player in the NBA -- we can mark his words because he is GREAT at assessing talent.  Did I get that correct.

I read the article as it was written -- Oberto has a CHANCE to be a role player on a very good team (and as long as TD is playing, Oberto is going to get some easy baskets flying under the radar).  I have ZERO problem with that -- just like to REMIND you of all your blowhard comments about what a great player he was going to be!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

The guy WASN'T a star in the Euro league and you thought he was going to come to SA and be a star for the Spurs!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 02:08:59 PM »

Reality states that Oberto is going to be a GREAT player in the NBA -- we can mark his words because he is GREAT at assessing talent.  Did I get that correct.
No, it's another lie.

I said he would be a solid role player.  He already is.  It comes down to value system.  You Lakers would rather cheerlead for leading scorer Kobe then watch a title team with all roles being a contributing factor large or small.

Plus its Jan.  Results in after the Finals.  WooHoo!

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »

Reality states that Oberto is going to be a GREAT player in the NBA -- we can mark his words because he is GREAT at assessing talent.  Did I get that correct.
No, it's another lie.

I said he would be a solid role player.  He already is.  It comes down to value system.  You Lakers would rather cheerlead for leading scorer Kobe then watch a title team with all roles being a contributing factor large or small.

Plus its Jan.  Results in after the Finals.  WooHoo!
For those who think he is just a "14 and 8 Euro srub", i can't wait.

did see GNob play prior to his joining the Spurs. My eyesight analysis correctly saw he would help lead the Spurs to titles. While he is only 2 for 3 and I am also disappointed he is not 3-3 with the 2004 title, please forgive me. I did let you down in the '04 season. I'm not perfect. You are correct i have not seen much of Obertos play.

Oberto. 64% from field. Passer. Rebounder. Pick setter. Knock loose balls away. Tips passes. Be in the right spot on D. His role on Spanish was to be a #3 option scorer. Beyond all that, what the writer said about GNob being his best friend. Having another Argentine/EuroLeaguer whom you have played a bunch of hoop with. Its got to help.

Oberto is going to help. Timmy Dunker is going to play even less minutes now. Thats a good thing. Pop is seeing the light and i couldn't be happier.   Oberto will allow Dunker to either

a) slide over to PF while Oberto is on the floor
Bee) rest on the bench while Obie plays center.

Either way its all good. He doesnt have to put up big numbers. I predict when called upon to score he will. Just as GNob did in '03 and moreso in '05.

Just a FEW quotes to help you remember, Reality.  

Let's see, who is closer, you or me?

So, let's see what did you predict?  

Oberto will allow Dunker to either

a) slide over to PF while Oberto is on the floor
Bee) rest on the bench while Obie plays center.

Okay, it's obvious that A isn't happening (since TD is playing PF and Rasho and Nazr are playing center).

And TD getting rest on the bench while Obie plays center?  Yeah, right -- WITH Oberto TD is averaging TWO more minutes a game!  

Keep it up with those amazing predictions!!!  :rofl: