Author Topic: Q & A with Shawn Marion  (Read 967 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Q & A with Shawn Marion
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:01:29 PM »
TSN: How surprised are you that the Suns lead the Pacific Division even though Amare Stoudemire has yet to play?

MARION: Not at all. I came in, saw the additions, and I knew we still were going to be a good team.

TSN: How has your game had to change without Stoudemire on the floor?

MARION: I'm going to be me. Everybody else had to step up. I'm always up.

TSN: One could say that your jumper looks a little odd. What's different about it?

MARION: My shot's like everyone else's. I just stick my ass out a little more. Everything's there, though.

TSN: Even though you're a two-time All-Star, Jerry Colangelo has said you're the most underrated player in the league. Agree?

MARION: Look at it this way: I do everything---defense, rebound, score -- and I'm doing it undersized, and still a lot of guys get more love. The media and fans may not see all I bring, but the other teams know what I can do.

TSN: You do have a unique game. Anyone out there who's similar to you?

MARION: Nobody can rebound and guard one through five like me. If there's anyone, maybe Kevin Garnett because he's so athletic.

TSN: What makes you so good defensively?

MARION: I'm determined. There's a lot of guys out there who probably can play defense, but they won't do it. I take pride in it. I think that separates me from everyone else.

TSN: Who's tougher for you to defend, a power forward such as Tim Duncan or a small forward such as Carmelo Anthony?

MARION: Anyone's hard who gets a lot of plays called for them, when they're always going right at you, trying to pound it in on you.

TSN: Probably see you in Houston for the All-Star Game, right?

MARION: No probably about that. You know, they should take the voting away from the fans. They're voting in some guys who aren't even playing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They SHOULD take the voting away from the fans.  And I agree with Colangelo, I can't think of anyone more underrated than Shawn Marion in the league.  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Q & A with Shawn Marion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:24:58 PM »
Marion has always been a quiet, come to work and work hard type of player.  Since guys like him and Brand quietly do a fantastic job they don't recieve the same amount of acknowledgement as others do.  He's having a heck of a year whether its from benefiting from Amare being out or not hes playing excellent basketball.  

The fans need to vote but those votes should be combined with votes from players and people inside the league, include the media also.  I just think the voting has became too much of a popularity contest.  How could no one on Detroit be voted to be a starter on the EC squad?!  Taking voting away from the fans wouldn't be cool though, some of us fans actually do vote based on play in the season.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:25:58 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com