Author Topic: Kobe handles the pretendor  (Read 15735 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe handles the pretendor
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »
What a finish last night between the Lakers and Cavs.  Kobe showed why he's another level and LeBron has a bit to learn.

The last 6 shots of the game were amazing.  Kobe made 3 for the Lakers and the Cavs had three different players make shots for them at critical times.  I don't think LeBron made any of the last three for the Cavs.  When it came to cruch time Kobe was the man and LeBron was the invisible man.  Plus

Kobe D'd up LeBron and created a turnover late in the game.  LeBron did bully Kobe on the 2nd to last possesion and got the FT line, at times I forget how big LeBron is, but he missed the 2nd FT.  Lakers blew the rebound and LeBron had another shot to win the game but missed the shot with Kobe guarding him.

Great game, Kobe was the key to the Lakers win and Snow, not LeBron, was the key to the Cavs almost pulling it out.  That one game is a perfect example of why Kobe is head and shoulders above LeBron.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »
Perfect example of Lebron's strength was in the first half when he ran down the lane, Mihm rotates over to block him, and Lebron literally goes right through Chris Mihm like he was Earl Boykins and lays it up.  

Kobe is the better clutch player and Bron is a better passer.  Much better passer.  He even said himself last night that he lacks that 'i want to kill everyone' instinct that Kobe has.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »
'i want to kill everyone' instinct

Something to truly admire, huh?

:moon:  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 10:57:51 AM »
'i want to kill everyone' instinct

Something to truly admire, huh?

:moon:
 :ding:

Did anyone catch the Ron Artest interview during the game?!  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »
That's just Lebron's way way of saying it.  Chilli Palmer said it best, "I own you".  If you have the ability and the confidence on a basketball court, you look at any defender as though he doesn't really count.  He can't stop you and you know it.  All the best players had that attitude, Bird was famous for his trash talking.

In one of the three-point contests Bird went into the locker room and asked the other contestants "Which one of you is comming in Second."

Jordan didn't care who was guarding him.  Iverson didn't care when Jordan tried to guard him.  He just used his crossover and faked Jordan out of his socks.

Kobe has the right attitude.  When he's on, he's almost unstoppable.  T-Mac also comes to mind as a guy who cannot be stopped.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 11:06:09 AM »
Perfect example of Lebron's strength was in the first half when he ran down the lane, Mihm rotates over to block him, and Lebron literally goes right through Chris Mihm like he was Earl Boykins and lays it up.  

Kobe is the better clutch player and Bron is a better passer.  Much better passer.  He even said himself last night that he lacks that 'i want to kill everyone' instinct that Kobe has.
Kobe Has been impressive as of late, I saw the last few minutes last night and was in awe of how well Kobe kept the Lakers from losing such a close game, the last shot he made was the toughest I think.  I think his foot was on the line.  I still think Lebron has some learning to do, but I also think He could become a real leader in time.  Kobe really isnt a leader IMO - he is more like the whole Lakers team.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

Kobe is the better clutch player and Bron is a better passer.  Much better passer.  He even said himself last night that he lacks that 'i want to kill everyone' instinct that Kobe has.
Kobe Has been impressive as of late, I saw the last few minutes last night and was in awe of how well Kobe kept the Lakers from losing such a close game, the last shot he made was the toughest I think.  I think his foot was on the line.  I still think Lebron has some learning to do, but I also think He could become a real leader in time.  Kobe really isnt a leader IMO - he is more like the whole Lakers team.
Kobe is a leader but gets hot so easily  that I think his teammates get caught watching him like the fans in the stands.  Part of that is confidence and part of that is that they are not getting easy shots inside the offense like they should for the entire game.    Odom is timid if he doesnt get off early, Mihm is getting better at being assertive but doesnt stay out of foul trouble, and some of the other guys just straight deffer because of lack of expierence.  No one on this team, aside from Smush at times, will just take the ball and score themselves.  Part of that also, like Magic Johnson brought up after the game, is that Phil needs to make 5-6 plays strickly for a Lamar Odom or a Smush Parker.  If you want guys to shoot more then they need plays designed for them.  If they have to get outside of the triangle a few trips down the floor to get Lamar off, so be it.

Lebron has (well had since hes hurt) a little bit easier of a time because he has a bonafied scorer in Larry Hughes and a very good post player in Ilgauskus who can post up or take the big man outside to open up the paint for the guards.  Larry Hughes is the kind of guy who will take it upon himself to score and is not afraid to go down and take 3 shots in a row even if Lebron is on point that night.  That is something that the Lakers need or need parker/odom to fill that roll.  Odom moreso than Smush because he is the better player of the two.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:16:11 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »
RRrrrrrraaaaauugh.

I loved Kobes lock down hand checking of Lebron.  Especially on Lebrons missed freethrows.  rrrraaaaauuugh.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
You know, I can't stand the guy, and he's the ultimate selfish player, but Bryant sure can score.  What a rediculously tough shot he made with six or so seconds left and both LeBron and Ilgauskas in his face.  It was practically a three-pointer AND he was fading away.

Wait a tic ... a three-pointer to win the game with someone's hand in your face AND you're fading away?  Hmm ... sound familiar Skander?  :)

"The second you released it I KNEW it was going in!"
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »
RRrrrrrraaaaauugh.

I loved Kobes lock down hand checking of Lebron.  Especially on Lebrons missed freethrows.  rrrraaaaauuugh.
Of course you wont mention that Lebron clearly hooked Kobe on the block which got him to the line in the first place right?!  :D

Sorry for expecting you to try to be objective.  I know its early and it is a day that ends in 'y'
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:11:10 PM by westkoast »

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »
Wait a tic ... a three-pointer to win the game with someone's hand in your face AND you're fading away? Hmm ... sound familiar Skander?

I don't like you... :moon:   (wow that's twice I've had to moon somebody in the same thread)

You can't sink an outside shot to save your life Caleb, except if your playing 21, and you're shooting a fade-away three pointer from the corner with everyone's hand blocking your vision to the goal.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:24:55 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 12:31:49 PM »
No, what did he say?  

I was at the game and was sitting pretty close to Artest, he was right in my line of vision.  I think he was with his agent and one other guy.  Dude has some seriously HUGE hands, even in proportion to his body.  People kept coming up to him and shaking his hands and he looked like Mickey Mouse with those things.  

I was immediately thinking his being there had something to do with a potential Laker trade, but when I got home and watched SportsCenter they were talking about a potential Clipper trade that was highly rumored yesterday ... so I guess that's why he was there.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »
No, what did he say?  

I was at the game and was sitting pretty close to Artest, he was right in my line of vision.  I think he was with his agent and one other guy.  Dude has some seriously HUGE hands, even in proportion to his body.  People kept coming up to him and shaking his hands and he looked like Mickey Mouse with those things.  

I was immediately thinking his being there had something to do with a potential Laker trade, but when I got home and watched SportsCenter they were talking about a potential Clipper trade that was highly rumored yesterday ... so I guess that's why he was there.
He didnt say much, his agent did most of the talking other than Artest said he had a good conversation with the Clippers management.  I thought it was sorta rude that Miller came by to interview them and Artest ignored her on live TV to talk to the guy sitting next to him.

The deal was about a hair from going through, Corey Magette for Artest straight up, but the Indiana Pacers doctors would not clear Corey Magette due to injury.  Kinda makes me worry that Corey's injury is alot more serious than the Clippers are letting it out to be.

msc how are you getting so many ticks over the past few weeks?  Please dont tell me you have tiks for monday too!

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »

He didnt say much, his agent did most of the talking other than Artest said he had a good conversation with the Clippers management.  I thought it was sorta rude that Miller came by to interview them and Artest ignored her on live TV to talk to the guy sitting next to him.

The deal was about a hair from going through, Corey Magette for Artest straight up, but the Indiana Pacers doctors would not clear Corey Magette due to injury.  Kinda makes me worry that Corey's injury is alot more serious than the Clippers are letting it out to be.

msc how are you getting so many ticks over the past few weeks?  Please dont tell me you have tiks for monday too!
That makes sense, I didn't think his agent would let him say anything.  A couple of other media people tried to hit him up for interviews.  It looked like he was willing, but his agent blocked it.  Definitely a smart move by his agent, who knows what that whack-job would blurt out in an interview.  

I've shared in some season tix since Staples opened.  I usually split them with one other person, but this year split them three ways.  Unfortunately, I don't have tix for Monday's game.  The three of us did a draft and picked our games and I didn't get that one.  I went to last years on x-mas day so I grabbed the Cleveland tix instead.  I'll definitely be watching on the tube though!  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 05:19:18 PM »
What a finish last night between the Lakers and Cavs.  Kobe showed why he's another level and LeBron has a bit to learn.

The last 6 shots of the game were amazing.  Kobe made 3 for the Lakers and the Cavs had three different players make shots for them at critical times.  I don't think LeBron made any of the last three for the Cavs.  When it came to cruch time Kobe was the man and LeBron was the invisible man.  Plus

Kobe D'd up LeBron and created a turnover late in the game.  LeBron did bully Kobe on the 2nd to last possesion and got the FT line, at times I forget how big LeBron is, but he missed the 2nd FT.  Lakers blew the rebound and LeBron had another shot to win the game but missed the shot with Kobe guarding him.

Great game, Kobe was the key to the Lakers win and Snow, not LeBron, was the key to the Cavs almost pulling it out.  That one game is a perfect example of why Kobe is head and shoulders above LeBron.
I wonder if since Juan Dixon and Steve Blake both went off for near career highs the night before against the Lakers, stopped Kobe's 45 point streak, and the Blazers won, if that means that they have shown that they are at another level and that Kobe has a bit to learn from them?

Just asking.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil