Author Topic: Tim Dunkins foot injury  (Read 7710 times)

Fabs_Fan_Club

Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »
In the first couple months you see a lot of different combos on the floor and a lot of playing time for everyone.  In January he starts to tighten his rotation and the minutes for the starters will slowly climb.
Uh oh.........say it aint so!  :cry:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 06:49:29 PM »
.  Part of that "allas - no D" reputation.
Yea we made that reputation up......

Lets just toss out the fact they were allowing 100 points a game for 3 years   :rofl:

Finley can hit a jumper and having a guy like Tim Duncan in the paint ( you know as oppose to your 7 footer playing 25 feet from the rim ) gives you a heck of alot of space to shooter jumpers.  He may spend more energy on defense but hes never had a player to space the floor for him as well as Tim Duncan can.

Anyone who thinks "fabs" should get more playing time over Horry or Mohammed either smokes crack, is named Reality, or smokes crack with Reality.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 06:50:54 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

crack smoker

Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 07:20:01 PM »

Lets just toss out the fact they were allowing 100 points a game for 3 years   :rofl:

Finley can hit a jumper and having a guy like Tim Duncan in the paint ( you know as oppose to your 7 footer playing 25 feet from the rim ) gives you a heck of alot of space to shooter jumpers.  He may spend more energy on defense but hes never had a player to space the floor for him as well as Tim Duncan can.

Anyone who thinks "fabs" should get more playing time over Horry or Mohammed either smokes crack, is named Reality, or smokes crack with Reality.
or enjoys NBA titles.

More minutes then Bob Horry and Nazr.  
Make something else up.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »
You forgot "stupid".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 01:51:24 AM »

or enjoys NBA titles.

More minutes then Bob Horry and Nazr.  
Make something else up.
Yup!

Only crack smokers believe the key to NBA titles is to play Fabs more minutes.  Greg Popavich who?   :crazy:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 09:01:46 AM »
By the time the playoffs start he will have his 8/9 man rotation right down to the points of the game where players get their rests.  Watch the next few games...Manu & Horry will come in about halfway into the first quarter, Duncan & Finley will sit.  With about 3 minutes left in the first Parker will sit and Van Exel will enter.  Often Duncan will return (and whoever is at C will leave) when Parker leaves as Pop tries to have 2 of the big 3 (Duncan/Parker/Manu) on the floor at all times.
I am not hearing the name "Fabs".
Because to be 1000% honest....Fabs is the 11th man in the rotation.  Maybe 12th.  It's a tossup between him & Udrih.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 09:13:14 AM »
koast & WOW....I don't know how much of your comments were directed at me but I will respond.  Don't get lost in a Randy-esque interpretation....actually read and comprehend.

I admitted Finley plays solid defense.  However he was on a TEAM that played horrible defense and that team reputation was attached to him as well.  Finley is probably the best pure outside shooter on the Spurs right now.  He will see plenty of minutes....at both SG & SF.  However he will not replace Bowen in the starting lineup.  Bowen can (and does) defend the top perimeter defender on the opposing team regardless of wether they play the 2 or 3 spot.  Finley as the starter at the 2 defends the other position.  Manu usually substitutes for Finley then after a rest Finley comes in for Bowen.  Between the 96 available minutes at the 2 & 3 spots Bowen, Finley and Manu will each get around 30 by the time the playoffs roll around.

Spurs minutes when the playoffs start:

C: Rasho  18-20,  Nazr 16-18,  Duncan 10-12
PF: Duncan 30-33,  Horry 15-18
SF: Bowen 33-35,  Finley 13-15
SG: Finley 16-18,  Manu 30-32
PG: Parker 38-40,  Van Exel  8-10

Reality check:  NO FABS
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 10:38:39 AM »
Finley is probably the best pure outside shooter on the Spurs right now.  He will see plenty of minutes....at both SG & SF. Spurs minutes when the playoffs start:

C: Rasho  18-20,  Nazr 16-18,  Duncan 10-12
PF: Duncan 30-33,  Horry 15-18
SF: Bowen 33-35,  Finley 13-15
SG: Finley 16-18,  Manu 30-32
PG: Parker 38-40,  Van Exel  8-10

Reality check:  NO FABS
Bowen has been Spursies best outside shooter so far.  Leading NBA in 3bie %.
Finley has looked good fulltime starting for injured Manu.  Beyond that the 20 or so games he has shared minutes he has been too streaky, shooting in the 30%s.  That's a lot of bricks so far.
Hopefully that will change as he gets more accustomed to the Spurs.  I don't like your minutes leaving Barry out after what he did in last years playoffs.  Including his 3bies both last year and this and his team D.

Rasho for 18-20 :rolleyes:   Hope it works.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »
Rasho for 18-20 :rolleyes:   Hope it works.
You could be on to something Reality.  Playing Rasho and Nazr instead of Fabs could be a threat to the Spurs championship.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Rasho for 18-20 :rolleyes:   Hope it works.
You could be on to something Reality.  Playing Rasho and Nazr instead of Fabs could be a threat to the Spurs championship.
I'm sure you loved Rashos last playoff appearance vs MOAT.

As I'm sure you hated/will hate more Bowen/Barry/Nazr/GNob and Fabs.

Having Kobe shoot 40-45 times could bring him the reg season scoring title.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 11:36:37 AM »

The only time I see those guys together on the court is durring warm ups. :lol:  Didn't hate anything about that.  I don't expect Flabs contribution to change one BIT.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »

The only time I see those guys together on the court is durring warm ups. :lol:  Didn't hate anything about that.  I don't expect Flabs contribution to change one BIT.
June 25th 2006.

The Spurs defeat the Pistons 97-95 to take a 3-1 lead in this decisive Finals game.  Fabs Oberto with 2 pts and 2 rebounds in spelling Tim Dunker for 4 minutes.  WooHoo!

Meanwhile in Orange County, CA,  we have just learned that police have been called to the residence of Kobe Bryant.  Bryant is alleged to be breaking furniture and throwing a temper tantrum.  Bryant asked David Stern to deduct points and thus change the scoring title won fairly by Allen Iverson.  Bryant is said to have threatened Stern that if he didn't rig things "just like the good old days." that he would show the tapes of himself and Stern.  

More on that after these words...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »
Fabs Oberto with 2 pts and 2 rebounds in spelling Tim Dunker for 4 minutes.
Exactly what I said WayBackWhen.  Flabs is a nothing stiff ala Rasho.  Kwame will have a better year than Flabs.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 12:18:44 PM »

June 25th 2006.

The Spurs defeat the Pistons 97-95 to take a 3-1 lead in this decisive Finals game.  Fabs Oberto with 2 pts and 2 rebounds in spelling Tim Dunker for 4 minutes.  WooHoo!

Meanwhile in Orange County, CA,  we have just learned that police have been called to the residence of Kobe Bryant.  Bryant is alleged to be breaking furniture and throwing a temper tantrum.  Bryant asked David Stern to deduct points and thus change the scoring title won fairly by Allen Iverson.  Bryant is said to have threatened Stern that if he didn't rig things "just like the good old days." that he would show the tapes of himself and Stern.  

More on that after these words...
This has as much "reality" as all of your other posts!

Having Kobe shoot 40-45 times could bring him the reg season scoring title.

How many games has Kobe shot 40 or more times a game?  Once!  And 45?  He's never done that -- he shot 41 -- the only time he has taken more than 40 shots a game.  Personally, I don't want to see Kobe shoot 40 times a game.

However, you fail to mention that:  Kobe has scored 48, 50, and 45 points in the past three games and has averaged 49% in doing so.  AND those three scoring binges have resulted in three wins over Philly, LAClips and Indy.  I'm not going to say that Kobe is doing it all by himself -- the Lakers are actually playing some pretty good defense (amazingly good when you consider their roster of players).  Kobe is not only the biggest part of the Lakers offense but their defense as well!

Of course, I don't expect you to ever grasp reality!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tim Dunkins foot injury
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »
Fabs Oberto with 2 pts and 2 rebounds in spelling Tim Dunker for 4 minutes.
Exactly what I said WayBackWhen.  Flabs is a nothing stiff ala Rasho.  Kwame will have a better year than Flabs.

Back to the threads point, if Fabs can give Dunkar and the rotation some rest, that is FABulous.

Contributing towards Finals wins is better then having a few more meaningless stats on a non playoff .500 team.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:58:26 PM by Reality »