Author Topic: Fabs to see more playing time  (Read 886 times)

Greg Pop

Fabs to see more playing time
« on: December 22, 2005, 12:03:18 AM »
NY (AP)

Greg Popavitch knew things had to change.  Pop has evolved tho, and instead of an incessant chant of Defense, Pop has been willing to look at other aspects of the Spurs play, and it's helping.

After the Spurs embarrasing 109-107 loss to the Bucks, Pop was approached by team consultant Reality of Reality Inc. "We did not have a heated discussion, but it was lively" chuckled Pop.  He told me in no uncertain terms that this team needs to block out on the boards more consitently, and also that Fabricio Oberto needed to see more playing time ASAP."  Pop went on to admit it was Fabs long silky hair that had him jealous.  "I mean c'mon, his long silky hair had us barely even able to make it thru LAX on our road trip.  What with the adoring fans"

Pop put Realitys suggestion into use Wed night vs the Knicks.  Fabs, Rash and Nazr got about 15 minutes each with Fabs continued plus .500 shooting (2-3) going along with his court savvy D and boardwork contributing to the Spurs at times 25 point blowout.

Reality would neither confirm nor deny a plan to sell Fabs locks to a waiting L.A. area market, esp a persistent request to pay high dollar from a fan living about 7 miles from the Staples Center.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 09:55:17 AM »
News Flash!

Flabs Obencho's immediate impact on the Spurs
by Cold Truth

In this young season the Spurs are not playing championship ball.  But behind every dark cloud is a silver linning.  That silver linning is more of a thunderbolt in the form of Flabs Obencho.  Flabs Obencho's stat line for one of his longest stints ON the court:

6 Points
1 Turn Over
2 Rebounds
5 Personal Fouls

Asked about Obencho's performance, Popabitch stated:"Flabs is really comming into his own.  He really showed me something tonight with the extended minutes he was given.  Come playoff time I want to be able to look down my bench and gaze upon Flabs the way the great Phil Jackson looks down his bench and gazes upon Kwame Brown."  Kwame Brown and Phil Jackson were not available for comment.

Despite the locker room fireworks between Tony Parker, the FNBA PG workhorse, and Flabs Obencho over TV star Eva Longwhoreia's wandering eye, Parker sees the value in a player like Flabs and has nothing but positive comments.  Tony Parker stated:"Being a man of my size in this league is tough.  Driving to the basket can be painfull with all the big men in the league throwing their bodies around.  Whenever I'm having an especially difficult game I can always count on Flabs handing me a towel or cup of Gatorade durring timeouts.  You can't teach skills like that!".

On a semi-related note, Alamodome beer sales are way down this season.  Team owners are hoping for a turn around in beer sales similar to the turn around in the Lakers winning record.

AP and CNN contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:56:03 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 11:30:28 AM »
"Tony Parker stated:"Being a man of my size in this league is tough. Driving to the basket can be painfull with all the big men in the league throwing their bodies around. Whenever I'm having an especially difficult game I can always count on Flabs handing me a towel or cup of Gatorade durring timeouts. You can't teach skills like that!"."

:rofl:  :rofl:

:up:  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com