Author Topic: spurs lose to new orleans...  (Read 3253 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
spurs lose to new orleans...
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:05:25 AM »
Atleast we won't have to worry about back to backs in the playoffs...

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
Spurs are not exactly dominatiog other teams, in fact the # of squeaker wins combined with Dallas being one game behind could concern the bandwaggon Spurs followers.  But ATL has been beating other teams and Okla City has a great home court crowd so....the losses sucks but bottom line 19-5 is a great start.

Yeah the game leading up to the marquee Dec 25th Spurs-Pistons game has the Spurs completing 4-5 roadies and being at Detroit.  That and Manu being out could take some luster off the game.  But hard to feel sorry for the Spurs when they picked up the two most sought after free agents in Finley and Fabs Oberto.  Fabs again showed off his offensive prowess last night in going 2-2 (thats 1.000 percentage Randy and WOW) to add to his yearly shooting total of well over .500%.

Why is Rasho getting the majority of the minutes of the three headed
Spurs center monster?  

Tim Dunkar said to be nursing plantar facias (sp).  So are a lot of NBA players but that can bring you down for sure.  He looks slow.  Yet Pop has him leading the team in minutes.  Completely disagree. :nonono:

Eva Longoria continues to be very good for Tony Parker. :up:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:03:13 PM by Reality »

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »
Yeah the game leading up to the marquee Dec 25th Spurs-Pistons game has the Spurs completing 4-5 roadies and being at Detroit. That and Manu being out could take some luster off the game. But hard to feel sorry for the Spurs when they picked up the two most sought after free agents in Finley and Fabs Oberto. Fabs again showed off his offensive prowess last night in going 2-2 (thats 1.000 percentage Randy and WOW) to add to his yearly shooting total of well over .500%.

:rofl:  Now THIS is funny -- I know a LOT of teams going after Finley - not aware of anyone else chasing after Oberto!  Although I'm sure there are TONS of GM's drooling over his 8 minutes a game!

Spurs center monster?

This is a huge surprise too -- I mean, if Oberto is half as good as you proclaimed him to be, then he should be starting and getting starters minutes!  Surely, you weren't wrong being the astute basketball prognosticator that you keep telling us you are!   :rolleyes:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 12:13:29 PM »
Yeah the game leading up to the marquee Dec 25th Spurs-Pistons game has the Spurs completing 4-5 roadies and being at Detroit. That and Manu being out could take some luster off the game. But hard to feel sorry for the Spurs when they picked up the two most sought after free agents in Finley and Fabs Oberto. Fabs again showed off his offensive prowess last night in going 2-2 (thats 1.000 percentage Randy and WOW) to add to his yearly shooting total of well over .500%.

:rofl:  Now THIS is funny -- I know a LOT of teams going after Finley - not aware of anyone else chasing after Oberto!  Although I'm sure there are TONS of GM's drooling over his 8 minutes a game!

Spurs center monster?

This is a huge surprise too -- I mean, if Oberto is half as good as you proclaimed him to be, then he should be starting and getting starters minutes!  Surely, you weren't wrong being the astute basketball prognosticator that you keep telling us you are!   :rolleyes:
In case you didn't know, that was Randolph.

In case you didn't know, Randoph is missing the point that the multiple team sought after Oberto, including GM Jerry West,  is the Spurs secret weapon.  Why Pop is saving him is a James Bond type mystery that only Spurs insiders know.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »
lol -- it would help if West actually MADE that statement instead of you just making it all up!  

Of course, you've NEVER had a problem making up facts!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 12:43:53 PM »
lol -- it would help if West actually MADE that statement instead of you just making it all up!  

I know I'm good, but now you credit me with making up and owning Yahoo and ESPN sports.   I could get you a Memphis newspaper or maybe even Jerry West himself, but you would not believe it exists.  Since you only exist in cypberspace. :rofl:    

"An affordable buyout clause allowed Oberto to become a free agent at the start of this summer, and the Spurs grabbed him at the last second after he was set to sign with Memphis."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqLY...ov=ap&type=lgns
espn reported the same thing.

Randy, Jerry West is the GM of Memphis.  Hence, Oberto being "about to sign with Memphis", would be overseen by Jerry West.  

We went over this months ago.
http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...7&hl=jerry+west

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 12:43:57 PM »

Actually Randy,

West did comment about Oberto.  Jerry is tired of his Asian housekeeper/cook, he wanted Oberto in order to get a taste of some south of the border cuisine.

Who's having a better year, Fagasio Oberto or Kwame Brown?  Somebody owes somebody a BEER!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 01:05:37 PM »
Who's having a better year, Fagasio Oberto or Kwame Brown?  Somebody owes somebody a BEER!
June 25th, 2006.  Hubie Brown announcing during the Finals:  "That steal and assist pass upcourt to his buddy SuperManu Gnobili by Fabs Oberto was a key play in the Spurs overcoming an 8 point 4th qtr Pistons lead.  With the Spurs now up 3 games to 1 it looks like you can hoist another title banner in San Antonio.

It's a credit to RC Buford, Pop, team consultant Reality and others who bring in a guy like Fabs to keep this thing rolling."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 01:10:43 PM »
You are indeed owed a beer by Lurker and Xs3.  They said Brown would be pulling splinters and in Phils Doghouse by Xmass.

Myself I am pissed at Pop for giving Dunkan the most minutes and keeping secret weapon Fabs down for the years 1st quarter.  But I'll stick my original post including Fabs attitude:  "You've got an engine rolling,'' Oberto said. ``You've got to go there and not bother anything, don't break nothing, because this is a champion team.''
Agent says he came within a hairs width of signing with Memphis.

In the end tho, it appears playing with good friend and top level SG Manu GNob and the team oriented Spurs is what made FO come to San Antone.

Reality posted : "So what if Oberto ends up being a solid role player? Will fit just fine

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »
Reality posted : "So what if Oberto ends up being a solid role player? Will fit just fine
The problem is he is NOT a solid role player, unless you call sitting on the bech a "solid role".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 01:56:41 PM »
The problem is he is NOT a solid role player, unless you call sitting on the bech a "solid role".
The year is not over yet you bafoon.  For the 1st 25 games I do not know why Pop is having Duncan play the teams most minutes and Fabs crusting on the bench 2 out of 3 games.  The future will unveil the secret weaponry of Fabs.

Tell Lurker and Xs three you want a good cold beer.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »
Spurs are not exactly dominatiog other teams, in fact the # of squeaker wins combined with Dallas being one game behind could concern the bandwaggon Spurs followers.  But ATL has been beating other teams and Okla City has a great home court crowd so....the losses sucks but bottom line 19-5 is a great start.

Yeah the game leading up to the marquee Dec 25th Spurs-Pistons game has the Spurs completing 4-5 roadies and being at Detroit.  That and Manu being out could take some luster off the game.  But hard to feel sorry for the Spurs when they picked up the two most sought after free agents in Finley and Fabs Oberto.  Fabs again showed off his offensive prowess last night in going 2-2 (thats 1.000 percentage Randy and WOW) to add to his yearly shooting total of well over .500%.

Spurs center monster?  

Tim Dunkar said to be nursing plantar facias (sp).  So are a lot of NBA players but that can bring you down for sure.  He looks slow.  Yet Pop has him leading the team in minutes.  Completely disagree. :nonono:

Eva Longoria continues to be very good for Tony Parker. :up:

The reason Rasho is getting the start position is because Pop sees the effort he is putting forth - believe it or not Rasho IS being more aggressive then last year, he is looking to do defense first and rying to grab rebounds, not only that but his size helps in the middle.  Why not Nazr or Fabs?  Nazr was thrown into our sytem last year and picked it up on the fly - luckily - he got into his groove before playoffs however this year Nazr had to leave the team a spell, i think it was a new baby, maybe his wife was sick, i cant remember what the reason was, but when he came back he was not up to speed like he was last year, I think Nazr had an injury too.  Why not Fabs? - Pops likes his potential, but he is also having trouble picking up our stayle and flow of basketball, both these guys could do a good job if they had minutes to perform.  Pops however is seeing too much effort from Rasho and wants to get him on point more so than the others.  Maybe it's because Rasho is bigger and slower he figures getting him rolling now would be better leading into the playoffs, after all Nazr is a quick learner if you put in for a few games, he could probably pick it up right now - BUT nazr also wants to look elsewhere next season to play.  You may actually see Fabs getting more minutes than Nazr after the all star break to get him ready for the playoffs as well, especially since he will be with us for a few years.  Now I am not saying Rasho is producing anything major, but Pop likes to see effort being put forth, right now he believes he is on track with Rasho - Pop has three rings as a coach, I will leave it in his hands and trust he is making the right choice.  Besides, I am in NO WAY worried about our chanes to win this season.  Detroit IS impressive, no doubt, But I believe SA is still, and will remain, the team to beat this season.  Finley is stepping up nicely, he saved us two games in a row with Manu out, and NVE has done well whenever Pop puts him in the game.  this many losses this deep in the season is nothing for this team.  If anything Detroit is playing thier arses off so they can hopefully grab best record for home court throughout the playoffs this year.  and just like every other year, the Spurs just cruise along through the season getting themselves in good position to make a good run in the playoffs.  Now worrying Reality, chill out, drink a beer, make a smmich, whatever - it's nothing to worry about right now.  I just thought it was ridiculous that we have lost back to backs the way we have this season.  I DO think it's more mental then physical though, which means they can fix the problem quicker than working on the physical aspect.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:23:40 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »
The year is not over yet you bafoon.  For the 1st 25 games I do not know why Pop is having Duncan play the teams most minutes and Fabs crusting on the bench 2 out of 3 games.  The future will unveil the secret weaponry of Fabs.

Tell Lurker and Xs three you want a good cold beer.
You just said yourself that the Spurs are not dominating teams like they should be so that probably explains why Duncan is getting heavy minutes.

As for why "Fabs" is sitting on the bench 2 of 3 games yet you dont understand.....maybe its cuz Pop, one of the best judges of talent in this league, doesnt seem to think half as highly of "fabs" as you do.  IMO he just is too much of a defensive liability to keep out there for heavy minutes.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 04:51:17 PM »
As for why "Fabs" is sitting on the bench 2 of 3 games yet you dont understand.....maybe its cuz Pop, one of the best judges of talent in this league, doesnt seem to think half as highly of "fabs" as you do.  IMO he just is too much of a defensive liability to keep out there for heavy minutes.
I think Flab Obencho's true worth is massaging Manu's widdle ankle.  You will hear Pop give glowing props for Obench-O's "off court contributions".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »
You just said yourself that the Spurs are not dominating teams like they should be so that probably explains why Duncan is getting heavy minutes.
That may have been a logical presumption on your part but for Spurs insiders it only means again pressing the Auto-Wrong button.

110-85 blowout over Orlando.  Duncan high minutes, SuperFabs only 3.
98-84 TNT t.v. game over Miami, Duncan hi 37 min, SuperFabs only 2.  Whats amazing about this is Duncan also was on the floor till the end with Spurs up by double digits+.  W-h-y?

xs3 wrote: "You may actually see Fabs getting more minutes than Nazr after the all star break to get him ready for the playoffs as well, especially since he will be with us for a few years."  

Now there is some logic.