Author Topic: Sixers and the Heat tonight.  (Read 796 times)

rickortreat

Sixers and the Heat tonight.
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:03:35 PM »
Riles gets his chance to get back into the swing of things coaching his Heat in Philly.

After looking pretty pathetic lately, the Sixers have started to win again.  I don't think they're ready to take the Heat, but are strongly motivated to try.

CWebb and AI are playing about as well as they can.  It's still not clear who the third guy will be.  The Sixers still haven't gelled.  They don't have a personality yet, or confidence that they can find a way to win.  Until they do (assuming that they will) they won't be ready to challenge a team like the Heat.

On the other hand, a win would really give the Sixers confidence.  IMO, Riley is way too smart to allow that to happen if he can stop it.  He likes sending messages to potential playoff foes during the season, and he takes as many cheap shots against other teams as a few other coaches do.

I remember his tete-a-tete's with Larry Brown with much amusement.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers and the Heat tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:26:39 PM »
If Webber can force Walker to play some defense (unless Zo is in) and AI can take it straight to Shaq's chest then they should have a shot.  Shaq is still a little slow in moving around, 18 games off will do that for ya.  If AI can force Riley to move him to the bench longer than he wants then the Sixers can exploit the bad defense the Heat have been playing.  Riley or not this team isnt going to become a good defensive team overnight.  The Sixers offensive weapons surely can take advantage of the Heat defense as long as the anchor is not in.  Whether he moves well or not he still is a major presence inside.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 04:27:25 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com