Author Topic: Why is Charlie Villanueva...  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why is Charlie Villanueva...
« on: December 05, 2005, 11:38:19 AM »
...poking my fantasy center's eyes OUT !?!?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo;_ylt=AlC...gajb112&prov=ap

Don't take any of that Sh#t, Zaza!!

Anyone else here a Zaza fan?

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:09:14 PM »
**YES**, there are other Zaza fans here.  Other fans prepared to draft him in those late rounds, in fact.  Rather *UPSET* Zaza fans prepared to draft him in those late rounds.

Are you sure it's wise to ask such questions?

Congrats on the big rebounding game by Przybilla, by the way.   Oh.  That's right.  You let him go, didn't you.

Rotten beagles.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:20:18 PM »
Oh I knew that would happen, I knew, I JUST KNEW.  :angry:  

The minute I saw, Ziggy's Beagles FA pickup: Joel Pryzbilla.  I knew, I FREAKIN' KNEW!!  :bash:  :fire:

<deep breath>  Oooohhmmmm... <release breath>   :mellow:

Ah what the heck, I'm getting drunk! :drunk:

P.S. If Joel goes on to have the year I thought he was gonna have on your team, Zigster, I'll have no choice but to fly to Portland, kindly ring your doorbell and then...  

:rambo:

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:32:14 PM »
Ziggy,

Just wanted to make sure that you knew it's only him making that threat.  *I* still want to come visit and watch a game.

Joe

-----------

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 01:31:34 PM »
As someone who was desperate for another big guy, when Pryzbilla came up as a FA I couldn't pass.  I dropped Theo and added Joel, and almost immediately Theo goes down and The Vanilla Gorilla starts playing 30+ minutes a night.  Three big white centers, I feel almost like Jerry Sloan.

I have thus changed my name for this week from the Beagles to the Vanilla Gorilla's.  Thought it was appropriate considering I am playing the Polar Bears.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 02:59:13 PM »
Oh, wow.

I just looked at the difference in our Sunday schedule, ziggy.

I'm about to get *POUNDED*...by a freakin' Vanilla Gorilla.

Joe

-----------

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »
I have thus changed my name for this week from the Beagles to the Vanilla Gorilla's. Thought it was appropriate considering I am playing the Polar Bears.

Think that's bad?  With 3 Memphis Grizzlies, I'm just about to have to change from "Genghis's Polar Bears" to "Genghis's Grizzlies."

And Skander is about to have to change his name from "Archangel's Red Team" to "Archangel's White Team."  He drafted Andrei Kirilenko, Troy Murphy, Joel Przybilla, Mike Miller, Mike Dunleavy, Hedo Turkoglu, and Zaza Pachulia - and then traded for Zydrunas Ilgauskus!

Joe

-----------

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »
And Skander is about to have to change his name from "Archangel's Red Team" to "Archangel's White Team." He drafted Andrei Kirilenko, Troy Murphy, Joel Przybilla, Mike Miller, Mike Dunleavy, Hedo Turkoglu, and Zaza Pachulia - and then traded for Zydrunas Ilgauskus!

Yeah sadly though, I had to drop Pryz and Dunleavy, and of course they both catch fire.  :cry:  

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 08:24:21 PM »
Jeez, after I first glanced at this thread's title, I thought I'd click on the link to see the fully-revealed headline:

"Why is Charlie Villanueva a stinking pile of dogshit?"

Anyway ... Skander, if you thought the Vanilla Gorilla was going to blow up, why did you release him in the first place?  Seems to me that at the point you dropped him, his numbers were pretty similar to last year's.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
Anyway ... Skander, if you thought the Vanilla Gorilla was going to blow up, why did you release him in the first place? Seems to me that at the point you dropped him, his numbers were pretty similar to last year's.

Actually at the point I dropped him, his numbers were quite a bit BELOW his averages of last year and waaaayyy below his averages of the second half of last year.  

But other than just numbers I just didn't like the trend.  He was getting into foul trouble a-lot and didn't seem to be well-liked by Nate McMillan who had started platooning him with Theo Ratliff; even favoring Ratliff heavily some nights.  I didn't want to be at the whim of the platoon.  Of course when Ziggy picked Pryz up, Ratliff got injured.  

In my general discontentedness with Joel, I thought to myself that Pryzbilla has pretty much been a bum his entire career and has had really one half of one outstanding year.  The circumstances of that half year happened to have an interim coach and a DEPLETED roster.  Is he more likely to be the bum he's always been or reproduce what he did when the situation was ripe....??

Well Ziggy now has him, expect him to go to the All-Star game. :rolleyes: