Author Topic: SuperManu is hurt  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« on: December 01, 2005, 11:34:25 PM »
Kobe Bryant has recieved the only help he could possibly get in stopping Manu GNob.

GNob is injured.

How bad, we don't know.  Spurs fans will find out Friday.

Ginobili to have MRI on right footAssociated Press

DALLAS -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili missed Thursday night's game at Dallas because of a jammed right foot, and Michael Finley made his first start for San Antonio since being waived by the Mavericks.

Coach Gregg Popovich said Ginobili would have an MRI on his foot Friday morning.

"He can't go to his right. It's like a jam under the heel," Popovich said. "There's a lot of pain."

Ginobili hurt his foot in the Spurs' 90-84 victory over the Lakers on Tuesday night. Ginobili, who is averaging 15.1 points per game, scored 15 of his 22 points against Los Angeles after halftime.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:30:11 AM »
Kobe Bryant has recieved the only help he could possibly get in stopping Manu GNob.

Glad you FINALLY admitted the refs have nothing to do with Kobe stopping MiniManu, it's only injuries that help.

I guess Manny is not is super as you thought, not as super as Iverson or Fisher, who played with foot injuries.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:41:19 AM »
Boy you are reaching.

If you saw last nights Jazz-Fakers game you should have nothing to say about Bryant.  That game ending, make that game extending call for Kobme was disgusting.

Or comedy.  Or both.  Take your pick.  Whatever one describes it as, it's not basketball.

Can't wait to read Jerry Sloan comments.  

We SuperManu watchers would refuse to take a rigged win like that.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:14:34 AM »
Boy you are reaching.

If you saw last nights Jazz-Fakers game you should have nothing to say about Bryant.  That game ending, make that game extending call for Kobme was disgusting.

Or comedy.  Or both.  Take your pick.  Whatever one describes it as, it's not basketball.

I didn't say it, you did.

What about MiniManu NOT being as super as Iverson or Fisher?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »
Boy you are reaching.

You want to talk about Super Manu vs The Lakers reality???

How about his 2 flops?  The ones where he slams so hard to the ground you wonder how he could jump back up without being mad at all.  I guess its hard to get really pissed about being slammed on the ground when you do it yourself.

Or better yet how about the two or three times of him hooking arms with rebounders and then flinging his hands up in the air like he was locked up.  He did it to Brian Cook twice that I remember perfectly off the top of my head.

The ref made the wrong call because he looked away from the players to see if the shot was altered instead of seeing exactly how much contact was there.  You cannot go that far under an elevating shooter but that is a call you swallow the whistle on because its the end of the game shot.  Of course you seemed to miss the play before where the Jazz were all but handed the game.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 11:18:03 AM »
Boy you are reaching.

If you saw last nights Jazz-Fakers game you should have nothing to say about Bryant.  That game ending, make that game extending call for Kobme was disgusting.

Or comedy.  Or both.  Take your pick.  Whatever one describes it as, it's not basketball.

How about his 2 flops?  The ones where he slams so hard to the ground you wonder how he could jump back up without being mad at all.  I guess its hard to get really pissed about being slammed on the ground when you do it yourself.

Or better yet how about the two or three times of him hooking arms with rebounders and then flinging his hands up in the air like he was locked up.  He did it to Brian Cook twice that I remember perfectly off the top of my head.

The ref made the wrong call because he looked away from the players to see if the shot was altered instead of seeing exactly how much contact was there.  You cannot go that far under an elevating shooter but that is a call you swallow the whistle on because its the end of the game shot.  Of course you seemed to miss the play before where the Jazz were all but handed the game.
Ain't nothing wrong with flopping, That's about the same as Charles Barkley faking a shot and then JUMPING into players to force the foul call - THAT HE FORCED.  It pisses you of if you are on the other team, but let's face it he did what he had to to win.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:27:14 AM »
Boy you are reaching.

If you saw last nights Jazz-Fakers game you should have nothing to say about Bryant.  That game ending, make that game extending call for Kobme was disgusting.

Or comedy.  Or both.  Take your pick.  Whatever one describes it as, it's not basketball.

Ain't nothing wrong with flopping, That's about the same as Charles Barkley faking a shot and then JUMPING into players to force the foul call - THAT HE FORCED.  It pisses you of if you are on the other team, but let's face it he did what he had to to win.
There is something wrong with flopping LOL (Remember Ive been a fan of a team that has had Vlade and Fisher on it )  but my point is nitpicking every little thing the Lakers do can also be applied to other teams.  Its impossible to catch every little thing and every team gets away with something.  The Lakers are not special in that regard....only in Realityville.

Its as if Kobe is the only person to ever benefit from a ref not doing his job correctly.  The Ref called the foul based on the shot being off because he assumed Devin Brown carried himself so far into Kobe it altered the shot.  The Ref would have known it was a bad call if he was actually looking at the players instead of assuming Devin Brown ran directly into Kobe.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:28:33 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 03:39:56 PM »
Its impossible to catch every little thing and every team gets away with something.  The Lakers are not special in that regard....only in Realityville.

Its as if Kobe is the only person to ever benefit from a ref not doing his job correctly.
jn wrote: "That phantom foul call was incredible. Honestly, it's now among the top 5 worst calls I have ever seen."

jn is in Realityville.  Also Honestyville.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 03:43:46 PM »
I guess Manny is not is super as you thought, not as super as Iverson or Fisher, who played with foot injuries.
As soon as I see the doctors reports including XRays etc, which detail the comparisons between A.I., DaReek Fisher and GNob as you saw I'll no doubt be agreeing with you.

You are sending them of course?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 04:22:02 PM »
Its impossible to catch every little thing and every team gets away with something.  The Lakers are not special in that regard....only in Realityville.

Its as if Kobe is the only person to ever benefit from a ref not doing his job correctly.
jn wrote: "That phantom foul call was incredible. Honestly, it's now among the top 5 worst calls I have ever seen."

No JN is not in reality-ville because he doesn't believe only the Lakers benefit from mistakes made by refs.  I suggest you apologize JN for trying to lump him into the crazy-obsessed neighborhood you reside in LOL

The very fact that you say the Lakers only benefit from bad calls and think its 'honestyville' says loads  :nod:  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:22:41 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 04:28:10 PM »
As soon as I see the doctors reports including XRays etc, which detail the comparisons between A.I., DaReek Fisher and GNob as you saw I'll no doubt be agreeing with you.

I'll send them right over, as soon as I get your Magic/Cooper cocaine comments.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 04:40:19 PM »

I'm afraid under the cover of night I may be stalked by purple sashe wearing commandos.

Okay I'll tell you how it came down.  The tape is no more. :cry:   Got it purple commandos, the tape is NO MORE!  I promise.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 05:30:54 PM »

I'm afraid under the cover of night I may be stalked by purple sashe wearing commandos.

Okay I'll tell you how it came down.  The tape is no more. :cry:   Got it purple commandos, the tape is NO MORE!  I promise.
You're a sly one.  We were pretty sure we had destroyed every copy in existance.  I'll call off the "Morado" death squad and pull back the "Oro" surveillance teams.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 05:39:11 PM »
Its impossible to catch every little thing and every team gets away with something.  The Lakers are not special in that regard....only in Realityville.

No JN is not in reality-ville because he doesn't believe only the Lakers benefit from mistakes made by refs.  I suggest you apologize JN for trying to lump him into the crazy-obsessed neighborhood you reside in LOL

The very fact that you say the Lakers only benefit from bad calls and think its 'honestyville' says loads  :nod:
I think we can excuse part of this considering Reality just popped a rock out of a cavity that was not meant to hold gravel....it must be some morphine hangover of some sort that makes him type this stuff up...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperManu is hurt
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 05:44:15 PM »
You're a sly one.  We were pretty sure we had destroyed every copy in existance.  I'll call off the "Morado" death squad and pull back the "Oro" surveillance teams. [/quote]
 This is what came down.  It was after a Laker loss.  I believe it was the playoffs of '86.  Sadly i was not taping, and I do have some ancient tapes.  Not this one tho.

Magic started up the tunnel and Coop was walking quickly behind, trying to catch up.  This was in the day CBS had some so so moments, ie not televising the Rockets-Celts Finals.  No Stern jealousy there.

Anywho Coop says something like "Are we gonna toot", or "Are we gonna snort" -I say this under Puple Sashe Commando threat.  I was watching the game like I mostly always did with a hard core Laker altho not of Krishna variety.  We about crapped!  Magic did not respond, but he did so seemingly on purpose.  It was as if Magic knew the lurking camera dude was around but Coop did not.  Kept walking, camera switched to out front and we never heard another thing about it.