Author Topic: Official: What the heck is ______ thinking?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Official: What the heck is ______ thinking?
« on: November 29, 2005, 01:13:42 PM »
Official Phillyarena thread :lol:

What the heck is _________ thinking?  Can relate to coach/player/GM/sportscaster/anything NBA related.  

Ill kick it off

What the heck is the Indiana Pacers thinking?  They picked up Samaki Walker for this season!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:06:53 PM »
What the heck is DeShawn Stevenson thinking?

"I wouldn't say I have a weakness, but there are things I want to add to my game. I need to consistently knock down that 15-foot jumper and I'm working hard on that."

Need to add a bit of PERSPECTIVE to add to that list of things you need to add to your game, DeShawn.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 02:26:11 PM »
What the heck is Phil Jackson thinking comming back to the Lakers.  He may miss the playoffs for the first time in his NBA coaching career.

IMO he's going to be the next Laker GM.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »
What the heck is Ruben Patterson thinking with "I am in my prime, so play me or trade me".

Ruben you don't play because you are a crappy shooter, a bad FT shooter, one of the worst defensive rebounders in the league, and overrated as a defender.  You had a career year last year, and we had one of the worst teams in the league.  You suck, that is why you don't play.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 03:07:14 PM »
What the heck is Charlie Villenueva thinking?

"We're (Bosh and Villenueva) like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."

Charlie, why don't you at least match Duncan and Robinson's win total for a season before you compare yourself to two MVP-winners?  That number is 37.  It'll take Toronto two seasons to get to it.  And that's if you pick up the pace.  You're currently on course to take nearly 6 and 3/4 seasons to get there.

And that "low win total" for San Antonio was in the strike season.  And Robinson and Duncan won the championship that year.

Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 03:07:55 PM »
Spreewell thinking turing down 21 mil from the TWolves so he could be so sought after in the free agent market.

Rockets owners thinking signing in the 1st place and now retaining Jeff Van Gundy.
Good team with excellent young nucleous and we get Grunt ball 88 pts per game last rated offense.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
Lakers for trading Butler and Atkins for Kwame Brown!

Umm, I'd rather see Bynum play and do poorly than see the waste of Brown continue to not live up to his "potential" -- man is there ANY word in the NBA that is so overused?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »
What the heck is Toronto thinking?  Rob Babcock still has a job!
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Guest_Randy

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 06:22:14 PM »
What the heck is Toronto thinking?  Rob Babcock still has a job!
Amen to THAT!!!  Oh, yeah, same with their coach -- and everyone else in management!!!

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 07:10:43 PM »
Spreewell thinking turing down 21 mil from the TWolves so he could be so sought after in the free agent market.

You're not going to beat that.  Although Villanueva tried very hard.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 05:18:33 PM »
What the heck is Ruben Patterson thinking?

AFTER getting suspended for arguing with Nate McMillan, AFTER the stuff that Ziggy posted, check this out:

"I don't think my role of playing 13 or 15 minutes a game is acceptable," Patterson told the newspaper this week. "I deserve to play 25-plus minutes, but if they want me to play 12 minutes [like he did in his last game against New York], then they can just put me on the inactive list. I mean, those are rookie minutes."

"I think those are starter minutes," McMillan told The Oregonian. "I don't know how you can give someone off the bench 25 minutes. I mean, he's at a position that [Darius] Miles [38.5 minutes a game] and Zach [Randolph, 37.8 minutes] are playing."

When the newspaper told Patterson about McMillan's comments, the forward's message was clear: "Well, I ain't going to play then."

Patterson would like to be traded if the team won't play him more minutes.

"That's the thing that is holding me up -- John Nash won't trade me unless he gets someone good," Patterson told The Oregonian. "But if they are only going to play me 12 or 13 minutes, they're going to have to pay me and put me on the inactive list until they find someone [to trade with]."

Ruben - you're right.  You ain't going to play.
Joe

-----------

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52:05 PM »
What the heck is Ruben Patterson thinking?

"That's the thing that is holding me up -- John Nash won't trade me unless he gets someone good," Patterson told The Oregonian. "But if they are only going to play me 12 or 13 minutes, they're going to have to pay me and put me on the inactive list until they find someone [to trade with]."

Ruben - you're right.  You ain't going to play.
Actually Ruben you have it all wrong.  John Nash isn't looking for a good player, because no one in their right mind will give up a good player to get you.  You are a POS, and John Nash is trying to assure he doesn't take back a bigger POS, or another POS that we have to pay for the next 4 years.  That ain't easy, so rot on the inactive list.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 05:54:25 PM »
What the hell was Isiah Thomas thinking in signing Jerome "does he have a pulse" James for 5 years and $30 million, and then trading for Eddie Curry, requiring that Jerome spend the year on the inactive list?

AA Mil

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 05:56:02 PM »
Hold on a second.  You're not actually suggesting that New York put Jerome James on the COURT, are you, Ziggy?

Joe

-----------

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 12:48:37 AM »
Hold on a second.  You're not actually suggesting that New York put Jerome James on the COURT, are you, Ziggy?
HEaven forbid!

AA Mil