Author Topic: Laker fans rejoice, Andrew Bryman is HERE!  (Read 11125 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Laker fans rejoice, Andrew Bryman is HERE!
« on: November 28, 2005, 05:37:02 PM »
I think back in the late 80's or early 90's the Lakers considered bringing on Dwane Causwell or Joe Barry Carrol.  Well, we've got the 00's version of those guys NOW!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »
Last night after Mihm came in for 15 seconds and picked up his 6th fuol Joel Myers went "What does Phil do?  Should he bring in the youngster or come back with Brian Cook?"

Had like 8 of my buddies and I saying "THE YOUNGSTER THE YOUNGSTER"

I like his game and am glad hes getting more minutes with Kwame "whats defense" Brown out.  He is pretty good at alterting shots.  Just a little light in the backpocket when it comes to banging with...well Men LOL.  Still a young chap!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 03:55:52 PM »
I think back in the late 80's or early 90's the Lakers considered bringing on Dwane Causwell or Joe Barry Carrol.  Well, we've got the 00's version of those guys NOW!
Wow, just curious as to exactly what you are saying here.

Causwell has a great deal of "potential" -- and of course, never lived up to it!  However, when he came into the league, he was a lot older than Bynum -- who is still only 18.  I have actually LIKED what I have seen from Bynum.  He definately needs to hit the weights, work on his offensive repertoire and learn the rigors of the NBA and it's defense but I like watching him a WHOLE lot more than Brown or Mihm!  At this point, I'm hoping that AC Green or Kurt Rambis will come out of retirement just to make somebody think twice about driving to the hole!   :fire:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »
Wow, just curious as to exactly what you are saying here.

I'm saying he SUCKS!

I watch young guys like Nene and Kaman who have some basic coordination, they will end up being jorneyman type players.  Andrew doesn't display any of that, he's very akward ala Deke without the defensive ability.

He may one day develop the offensive abilities of Olwakandi, on a good day he has some impressive moves against the likes of Duncan and DRob.  It really looked like Olwakandi turned the corner in those games but it was short lived.

He just doesn't have it.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:17:04 PM »
Honestly WOW what do you expect?  He is still going through puberty and grew quite a bit in a short amount of time.  I agree his moves are choppy and he doesn't move that well but you have to take into mind he is getting bumped and pushed by guys who are much larger than him in the weight department.  He moved much better in the Nets game than previous games.

Plus..Kaman and NeNe both started to play in the NBA after going to college.  Kaman still had problems moving last year did you forget?  It wasnt until this year that it showed he really has made strides in that department.  Last year that was one of the biggest gripes from Clipper/BBall fans, that he cannot move well enough to be a quality big man for that squad.  I think a year did alot for Kaman and a year (or 3 LOL) will do alot for Bynum.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 01:20:53 AM »
WoW perhaps you are being too hard on him.  Who knows he may be the next Fransisco Oberto??  Just so long as he is not the next Mengke Bateer, right??
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
rick,

Honestly WOW what do you expect?  He is still going through puberty and grew quite a bit in a short amount of time.  I agree his moves are choppy and he doesn't move that well but you have to take into mind he is getting bumped and pushed by guys who are much larger than him in the weight department.  He moved much better in the Nets game than previous games.

Bumped or not he does not look good.  He's got a sweet stroke at the FT line so there is a glimmer of Robert Parish HOPE.  Parish is another guy who didn't look all that smooth but had a decent NBA career.

Plus..Kaman and NeNe both started to play in the NBA after going to college.  Kaman still had problems moving last year did you forget?  It wasnt until this year that it showed he really has made strides in that department.  Last year that was one of the biggest gripes from Clipper/BBall fans, that he cannot move well enough to be a quality big man for that squad.  I think a year did alot for Kaman and a year (or 3 LOL) will do alot for Bynum.

I watched both those guys from day 1, I can tell you that they both looked solid.  Nene is a bread and butter kinda player.  Very limited yet solid moves.  Kaman has some terrific moves, very talented but he's very dumb.  Kaman has made some McHale like moves in the post and taken some guys off the dribble.  I saw all that in his FIRST season.  Solid but his lapses in concentration really keep him down.

Then you take a guy like Amare, when someone on this board asked about Nene vs. Amare a couple of weeks into their rookie season I told then Nene = journeyman and Amare = superstar.  You can just tell with some guys.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 09:33:52 AM »
Who knows he may be the next Fransisco Oberto??
Do I dare dream?

If that were to happend I think people would forget all about that 340 lbs bald black guy we traded away last year, what's his name again?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 10:24:55 AM »
Fransisco Oberto

His game is so scintillating, we can't get his first name right.  B)  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 10:34:44 AM »
But did you catch the TWO MINUTES that he played last night?  Wow!!!  Actually, I missed them too but I'm sure they were awesome!  Well, he did get one rebound in two minutes -- that's 24 rebounds in 48 minutes -- well, at least theoretically!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »
"I watched both those guys from day 1, I can tell you that they both looked solid. Nene is a bread and butter kinda player. Very limited yet solid moves. Kaman has some terrific moves, very talented but he's very dumb. Kaman has made some McHale like moves in the post and taken some guys off the dribble. I saw all that in his FIRST season. Solid but his lapses in concentration really keep him down."

WoW I guess you are alone in thinking Kaman was good from day 1 because Myself, Clippers faithfull, and local sports writers all seem to be on the same page when it comes to opinions on his game prior to this season.  I dont know what Clippers games you were at last year but the 2 that I went to I didnt see a Kaman who was moving well.  Yes he does have a few good moves (please dont compare him to McHale ever again LOL) but that doesnt mean he moves well on both ends of the floor.

Aside from that, boy did he shut you up last night LOL.  He moved well, he rebounded well, and he showed off a few new post moves.   6 rebounds in 7 minutes off the bench.  He played alot better than any of the other big men last night for the limited minutes he played.  He also played solid defense, made a few dumb mistakes, but played solid defense when he was on the floor.  Not to mention him snagging a rebound from Duncan and trying to slam it home and swatting Parker when the Lakers tried to take a stab at the Spurs lead.

You are judging how good Bynum is in 9 games in his first season where hes getting a whopping 4-5 minutes per game??  Difference between Kaman and Bynum?  The first year you saw Kaman he was coming out of college, not high school.  Big difference in terms of how your game develops when youve played in college than when you come straight from high school.  Especially for a big man who not only needs to learn the game but needs to learn how to play with size.  He has been improving every single game and anyone who's seen every Laker game can vouche for that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:01:19 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 12:24:33 PM »
WoW I guess you are alone in thinking Kaman was good from day 1 because Myself, Clippers faithfull, and local sports writers all seem to be on the same page when it comes to opinions on his game prior to this season.  I dont know what Clippers games you were at last year but the 2 that I went to I didnt see a Kaman who was moving well.  Yes he does have a few good moves (please dont compare him to McHale ever again LOL) but that doesnt mean he moves well on both ends of the floor.

Aside from that, boy did he shut you up last night LOL.  He moved well, he rebounded well, and he showed off a few new post moves.   6 rebounds in 7 minutes off the bench.  He played alot better than any of the other big men last night for the limited minutes he played.  He also played solid defense, made a few dumb mistakes, but played solid defense when he was on the floor.  Not to mention him snagging a rebound from Duncan and trying to slam it home and swatting Parker when the Lakers tried to take a stab at the Spurs lead.

You are judging how good Bynum is in 9 games in his first season where hes getting a whopping 4-5 minutes per game??  Difference between Kaman and Bynum?  The first year you saw Kaman he was coming out of college, not high school.  Big difference in terms of how your game develops when youve played in college than when you come straight from high school.  Especially for a big man who not only needs to learn the game but needs to learn how to play with size.  He has been improving every single game and anyone who's seen every Laker game can vouche for that.
I'm not saying Kaman was "good".  He looked good, my word was "solid".

You are not following what I'm posting, you're pulling a Randy/Reality on me.  I'm saying at the time I could tell what he WOULD be able to do by what he was doing on the court.  His coordination, foot work and moves were all there.  He made dumb mistakes or lost concentration many many times.  He would fake left swing right when he should have faked right swung left and vice versa.  BUT he could make those types of moves even though he was making them at the wrong time.

Bryman has NONE of that.

Follow my logic?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 12:37:03 PM »
WoW I guess you are alone in thinking Kaman was good from day 1 because Myself, Clippers faithfull, and local sports writers all seem to be on the same page when it comes to opinions on his game prior to this season.  I dont know what Clippers games you were at last year but the 2 that I went to I didnt see a Kaman who was moving well.  Yes he does have a few good moves (please dont compare him to McHale ever again LOL) but that doesnt mean he moves well on both ends of the floor.

Aside from that, boy did he shut you up last night LOL.  He moved well, he rebounded well, and he showed off a few new post moves.   6 rebounds in 7 minutes off the bench.  He played alot better than any of the other big men last night for the limited minutes he played.  He also played solid defense, made a few dumb mistakes, but played solid defense when he was on the floor.  Not to mention him snagging a rebound from Duncan and trying to slam it home and swatting Parker when the Lakers tried to take a stab at the Spurs lead.

You are judging how good Bynum is in 9 games in his first season where hes getting a whopping 4-5 minutes per game??  Difference between Kaman and Bynum?  The first year you saw Kaman he was coming out of college, not high school.  Big difference in terms of how your game develops when youve played in college than when you come straight from high school.  Especially for a big man who not only needs to learn the game but needs to learn how to play with size.  He has been improving every single game and anyone who's seen every Laker game can vouche for that.
I'm not saying Kaman was "good".  He looked good, my word was "solid".

You are not following what I'm posting, you're pulling a Randy/Reality on me.  I'm saying at the time I could tell what he WOULD be able to do by what he was doing on the court.  His coordination, foot work and moves were all there.  He made dumb mistakes or lost concentration many many times.  He would fake left swing right when he should have faked right swung left and vice versa.  BUT he could make those types of moves even though he was making them at the wrong time.

Bryman has NONE of that.

Follow my logic?
Did you watch the game last night???  The things you are praising for Kaman for doing is things Bynum did last night against Oberto, Nazr, and Duncan.  The last two are not exactly scrubs on both ends of the floor.

How do you know Bynum has none of that if he hasnt even got to play basketball?  Again, Kaman came from college at 20-something.  Not straight from high school as a 17 year old.  

You are not following what I am telling you which is you are basing him being worthless after seeing him for maybe 30-40 minutes altogether.  Give him some time to actually develop and learn the game.  Those 'moves' as just as much mental as they are physical.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:45:06 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 12:47:51 PM »

concur.

Bob Parish was not 18 years old when he dominated Cream Jabbar in the 1984 Finals.

Whether or not Bynum goes on to wear 5 rings and place 7th all time on boards is yet to be seen, but last night I liked his attempted dunk with a couple Spurs close by.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »
Did you watch the game last night???  The things you are praising for Kaman for doing is things Bynum did last night against Oberto, Nazr, and Duncan.  The last two are not exactly scrubs on both ends of the floor.

How do you know Bynum has none of that if he hasnt even got to play basketball?  Again, Kaman came from college at 20-something.  Not straight from high school as a 17 year old.  

You are not following what I am telling you which is you are basing him being worthless after seeing him for maybe 30-40 minutes altogether.  Give him some time to actually develop and learn the game.  Those 'moves' as just as much mental as they are physical.
rick,

I follow everything you're saying, no questions.

When you play pick up games you can just size the guys on the court from watching two or three possestions.  That's all I'm doing and I'll probably be right.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"