« on: November 18, 2005, 04:36:25 PM »
a. in a millisecond

b. in a heartbeat

c. absolutely

d. yes

e. no

f. not a chance

e.  As long as we get to keep Kwame.

g.  Kobe is the greatest basketball player ever.  No way KG even compares to him.

h.  My religious affilitation with Lakerdom does not allow me to think such thoughts.  Your posting this is unthinkable blashpemy Reality.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 05:11:49 PM »
If I'm the Lakers, I do Kobe for Garnett in a flat second.

If I'm the Wolves, there's no way I trade Garnett for Bryant.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 05:21:38 PM »
First of all Chief of MSNBC fame

The salaries dont match up.

No one in their right mind trades a 7 footer for a guard.

Third no way in hell KG picks up the triangle fast enough to get this team rolling.

I believe Kobe has built into his contract that he can shoot down trades. Vanessa Bryant doesn't want to leave now and she didnt want to leave 2 seasons ago.

Would this be a good move for the Lakers? Of course.  Would it make this team get past the first round? Nope.  May or maynot even get them to the playoffs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Poll
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:37:28 PM »
I.  My religious affiliation with Garnett-dom will never allow me to contemplate such sinful thoughts......BLASS-pheemer!!  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Poll
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 08:09:04 AM »
A better question would be is there ANY back court player in the league today you would consider trading Kobe for?

T-Mac, Wade, Iverson, Allen?  IMO NO!  None of those guys play much D.  The only guy who's so good on O that I might trade Kobe for is LeBron.  While I don't believe LeBron is much of a defensive player he is too big to post up.  

I don't see enough LeBron to know for sure if I'd trade those two but I do think LeBron has much better court vision and make better decisions at this point in time.  I think I would pull the trigger.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

Poll
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 08:24:17 AM »
Kobe has a putrid group of individuals to work with -- you know it's dismal when Smush Parker is one of the best Lakers on the team.

Kwame Brown -- PLEASE someone take this guy off our hands!  I'm SOOO tired of hearing about "potential" -- this is as dumb as the Samaki Walker signing -- no, worse -- we paid more money and locked him up longer.  The Lakers COULD have had Butler working together with Kobe -- a much better choice, IMO, longterm than Lamar Odom.

Lamar Odom -- I'm already tired of this guy -- he puts up decent numbers and gathers in a good amount of rebounds -- but he ISN'T a guy you could build around -- he's a guy that part of the building (a 3rd or 4th option).  I can't stand watching him on defense and he is often WAY too apathetic on defense (electing to hoist up a shot instead of take his man off the dribble).

Chris Mihm -- he's a stiff -- and an overpaid one.

George -- I was hoping that we would keep Butler and find George another team for a draft pick.

The rest of the squad?  Who cares -- their filler and not even good filler at that.  I'd like to see the Lakers implode this team and fill them with minimum players for the rest of the year -- get rid of all these "potential" players -- because I don't see anyone other than Kobe and Parker that I actually WANT longterm!

Guest_Randy

Poll
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 08:42:17 AM »
Oh, I'd rather see the Lakers keep Bynum -- he needs a LOT of work but at least you DO see some promise in Bynum -- much more than Kwame Brown!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Poll
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 08:53:04 AM »
Oh, I'd rather see the Lakers keep Bynum -- he needs a LOT of work but at least you DO see some promise in Bynum -- much more than Kwame Brown!
Have you resorted to arguing with yourself?

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

Poll
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »
Well, if nobody else is going to argue with me!   :angry:

I meant to include that statement in my previous post but got interrupted and didn't include it.