Author Topic: Talking head gets it right  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Talking head gets it right
« on: November 04, 2005, 02:19:10 AM »
The Lakers had cut a 17 point lead to 6 and were just hoping for a Greg Buckner to call timeout and then travel or for any Sun to be completely set as Kobme barreled into him for the blocking call and yet more foul shots for Kobe.  Alas, this wasn't Denver, Nash is not Buckner and the lead held.

Nonetheless, at that point the camera panned the stands and stayed on Joe Johnson as he scratched his chin while taking in the game.  Yeah that Joe Jonhson, last years Sun who became a Hawk so he could be da man.  The TNT 'head said "oh woe what the Suns would give now to have Joe Johnson and his 3 pters and 17 pt average from last year, they must miss him."  Immediately the other head (not Collins) said "I thinks it's completely the other way around!  It's Joe Johnson who needs the Suns and should be wishing he was still here."  

Raja Bell did fine.  So did James Jones down the stretch.  The Suns may not have Amare and won't be the same until he returns but the Suns did just fine and wouldn't have done any better last night with Take The Money and Run Joe.

A national TV talking head gets it right :eek2:  :up:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 10:01:18 AM »
When the Lakers win, nary a word but when the Lakers lose you feel a need to post about it?  I don't see you posting about the positives and negatives about the game -- just hear you spinning more of your Laker crap.

Why are you such a pathetic loser, Reality?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 10:41:14 AM »
When the Lakers win, nary a word but when the Lakers lose you feel a need to post about it?  I don't see you posting about the positives and negatives about the game -- just hear you spinning more of your Laker crap.

Why are you such a pathetic loser, Reality?
Do you really expect anything else?

As for the game...major props to the Suns and esp. Steve Nash.  The difference between the Dallas comeback and last nights game is that Steve was creating plays for others (partially cuz the Laker defense was non-existant for the whole game) and not trying to score all himself.  They shot the lights out from the field and Nash was creating a tremendous amount of easy hoops.  I think Marion had like 30 points on dunks alone  :D   Aside from Smush Parker and Kobe no one else played any sort of defense.   One thing that was very apparent and will continue to be a major problem is the fact that Mihm is the only real center on this team and he cannot stay out of foul trouble.  Once he hits the bench they really have no shot blocking aside from Kwame Brown and even he is not that good of a shot blocker because of his activity around the rim on defense.

Not happy they lost (didnt really expect a win either) but they did at least take a crack at the huge lead the Suns had and made it a game down the stretch.  Mental mistakes is killing this team and will continue to do so until the Lakers shape up or ship out players like Cook and Mihm.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 10:56:30 AM »
I'd rather see the Lakers sag a bit off of Nash and let him become a shooter/scorer -- when Nash becomes a passer, the Suns are too good a team -- when Nash becomes a scorer/shooter I like our chances a lot more.

Outside of Smush and Kobe -- the Lakers defense sucked.  Mihm was non-existent, Kwame was being Kwame, Cook played sporadic defense, Sasha seems to be a defensive wasteground, George played "okay" defense for most of the game and Odom doesn't seem to be focused on defense.  I love how the Lakers are channeling their man to the middle but then there isn't anyone in the middle so they give up an easy lay-up.  That's like  :fire:.

I don't expect the Lakers to be great this year -- but I don't expect them to play that kind of defense either.  I'd rather see Kobe freestyling than see the Lakers play defense like that!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 11:31:42 AM »
Tell you what, Laker fans, you're going to have to address the back-line defense.  Between Camby dunking on the alley-oop in game 1, Marion dunking on the alley-oop in game 2, and Kurt Thomas shooting unchallenged lay-ups at the end of the game, it's not going to take long for every coach in the league to send athletic players straight to the front of the rim on every trip down the court.

If anyone has been playing defense on the back-line, I've not seen it.  It's been pretty embarrassing, actually.  Were it not for the fact that Carmelo Anthony has the basketball IQ of your average brick, the Lakers would be looking at the rest of the pack running off and leaving them.

Smush Parker was AMAZING.  I think you've got someone there who you're going to be really happy with...

...which is more than I can say for Kwame Brown.  He's looked absolutely AWFUL - and has shown that his basketball IQ is just as bad as Anthony's.  You do realize that he did the EXACT SAME THING that Carmelo did - taking the shot early - don't you?  The difference was he got the rebound, and THEN gave it to Kobe.  I heard some people saying that Phil drew up the play for Kwame.  Really?  With time left on the clock?  If Kwame Brown's idiocy is contagious, then you need to dump him before anyone else gets infected.

Vujacic is looking absolutely DREADFUL on both ends of the court, but moreso on the offensive end.  It's like he's out there with the weight of the world on his shoulders or something.  Time to sit the kid down, and work on his confidence in practice...do something to take the pressure off.

The LA/Denver, Phoenix/LA, and Dallas/Phoenix games have been some of the ugliest basketball to watch that I've ever seen at the professional level.  Easily the three worst games I've seen so far this year.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 11:59:14 AM »
I think some of you are a bit too sensitive, or beyatches.  Yes Beastiality took his typical Kobe/Laker swipe but the point of the post was the comments regarding JJ and the Suns.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 12:53:58 PM »
I think some of you are a bit too sensitive, or beyatches.  Yes Beastiality took his typical Kobe/Laker swipe but the point of the post was the comments regarding JJ and the Suns.
Now that is just way too logical for any Laker fan following a loss....defending Reality of all posters.  I believe that your Purple & Gold glasses must have broke, WOW.

B)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »
As I think we all expected ... this is going to be a loooong season for the Lakers.  Their defense is virtually non-existent, especially down low.  Parker is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise grey and depressing landscape.  I'm hopeful that he can continue to play the way he has in the pre-season and these first two games of the season.

I cut Mihm some slack last season b/c of all the changes and bs that went on.  No excuses this year for this loser.  I can't believe this guy fills a roster spot in NBA.  He's useless.  Can't play D, can't rebound, sucks around the basket.  He has a decent set shot from 12-16 feet as long as there isn't a defender within 10 feet of him ... so I guess he's not all bad ...

While I'm on the subject of players I can't believe are in the NBA ... let me add a few to the list:  

Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic and Slava Medvedenko.  I'd love to comment on each one of these wastes of roster space ... but I'm busy at work and since they don't show any energy or smarts on either end of the floor ... I'm not going to put any more effort to this paragraph

Devean George has been pretty much a disappointment up to this point in his career.  But I'm giving him a clean slate this year.  A) It's his contract year, so you know he'll bust his butt to try to stay in the league B) He was out all last year, but the season before he was playing the best he had to date in his career before getting hurt in the playoffs C) I've been somewhat impressed with his hustle on D, rebounding and jump shot in the preseason and hope he can continue to do well in those areas this year.  He's coming off of a very thin bench ... one from which we will sorely need some production.  

After watching two games this season, nothing has changed my view/approach to this year.  I think Phil needs to get just one of the following inconsistent, underachievers to step up: Mihm, Brown or Odom.  If he can get just one of these losers to play at a higher level and be a consistent, productive member of this squad, I'll consider this season a success.  That way, you'll have one guy that you keep moving forward and you can continue to dump the wastes of space and add pieces down the road while waiting for some cap space to clear.

One more thing, and this goes out to the entire squad: QUIT SHOOTING 3's!