Author Topic: Spurs  (Read 904 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« on: November 03, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »
Spurs unveiled thier banners which read "NBA Champions"

They wanted to be the first team to acknoledge all the great talent out there in the world and changed all of thier banners from the old "World Champions"  Thought that was kind of interesting and cool.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 03:36:50 PM »
There was one point in time where we had 10x the talent the rest of the world did in the NBA.  Now, well, we dont LOL so this is very justified.

Gotta love the Spurs organization for showing respect to the overseas players and for their own foreign players.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 03:38:55 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Spurs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 04:10:38 PM »
Agreed, the USA was completely dominant in the past in basketball -- however, I'm not sure that I see a difference between World Champions and NBA Champions -- the NBA today is made up of basketball players all across the world -- BUT the NBA is STILL the most dominating basketball in the World.  Sure, the USA Olympic teams have been beaten (of course, I would challenge the idea that we are really sending our best -- while the rest of the world certainly is) is quite true -- but we aren't talking USA -- we are talking NBA.  Let's take an NBA "dream team" and pit it against any other league in the world's "dream team."  Anyone want to bet against the NBA dream team?

This sounds like the Spurs trying to be "politically correct."  I see the NBA as far more than the USA today -- some of the NBA's greatest stars aren't native to our country but it still makes them part of the USA.

Until other leagues can accomplish the salaries and the prestige that the NBA has, the NBA Champions is the same as the World Champions.  Remember, that even the teams that have beaten the USA are dominated and led by NBA players.

Guest_spursfan101

Spurs
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:22:31 PM »
I would bet money that an international dream team could put a whooping to our best NBA players.  They know their roles, they play excellent team basketball, they would most certainly give us a run.

We can win a worldwide dunk contest.  A world championship...I don't know.