Author Topic: Very interesting -- Pippen to tutor Lamar Odom . .  (Read 2367 times)

Guest_Randy

Very interesting -- Pippen to tutor Lamar Odom . .
« on: September 28, 2005, 09:10:25 PM »
Jackson said Scottie Pippen will serve as a tutor for Lamar Odom during training camp, and Jackson hopes Odom will fill a similar role for the Lakers as Pippen did for the Chicago Bulls' championship teams of the 1990s.

Hmm, this is definately an interesting twist to Odom's game -- I'm not sure that I think he can pull it off.  Odom has the abilities in ballhandling -- perhaps is a better longrange shooter but to date, Odom hasn't displayed the leadership that Pip did on the floor.  It is definately something interesting to watch.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 10:22:40 AM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:27:49 AM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:
 :rofl:  :rofl:  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 10:32:57 AM »
Lurker,

You didn't mention bringing in MJ to tutor Kobe?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 10:50:22 AM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:
Lurker,

Certainly don't want him to tutor Kwame now do we.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:58:56 AM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:
Lurker,

Certainly don't want him to tutor Kwame now do we.
Calling someone a derogatory term for homosexual during practice does wonders for improving a player's game.   Sheesh Ziggy get with the times  :crazy:

Just imagine if Red called Bill Russel names like that.  He might have won 20 championships!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 10:59:25 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:21:56 PM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:
Lurker,

I didn't want to insult all the Kobe nutriders who beleive he is already better than that Jordan guy.

:up:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »
Jackson said Scottie Pippen will serve as a tutor for Lamar Odom during training camp, and Jackson hopes Odom will fill a similar role for the Lakers as Pippen did for the Chicago Bulls' championship teams of the 1990s.

Hmm, this is definately an interesting twist to Odom's game -- I'm not sure that I think he can pull it off.  Odom has the abilities in ballhandling -- perhaps is a better longrange shooter but to date, Odom hasn't displayed the leadership that Pip did on the floor.  It is definately something interesting to watch.
Great, maybe Pippen can tutor him on the finer points of how to refuse to go back in to a game in the final seconds when the play isn't drawn up for you ...

If not, he could always mentor him on how to double as an Easter Island head statue and the Duke Blue Devil during the off-season.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 03:17:28 PM »
Now all Jackson has to do is bring in Cartwright, Longley, Paxson, Kerr, Horace Grant & Rodman to tutor the other 3 positions and the Lakers can be as successful as his Bulls were.   :rofl:
Lurker,

I didn't want to insult all the Kobe nutriders who beleive he is already better than that Jordan guy.

Lurker I know you are going senial (how do you even spell that? lol) but you are logged into Phillyarena.net not Fanhome.com  those Kobe nutriders who think hes better than Jordan dont exist here.

KobeRider Foundation

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 03:33:58 PM »
oh yes we are here.

Kobe wasth the MVP of the 2002 All Star Game.  Anyone who can't sthee that is sthimply being, -ohhh- hurtful.  you can justh join those Philidelphia Boo Birdthz, but you aren't going to ruin our day.  We love :fire:  you Kobe!:fire:

"I was pretty upset, pretty hurt," Bryant said.

Bryant, from nearby Lower Merion (the streets of Lower Merion), has been dealing with this sort of treatment for awhile.

"My rookie year, I came out of high school, my first game here, they booed me a little bit, too," he said. "And that really, really hurt, because it was like my homecoming. ... That was very, very hurtful."

"I'm happy I played well," Bryant said. "I'm happy to win MVP in Philadelphia, and the booing was just hurtful. But it's not going to ruin this day for me."

http://www.nba.com/history/allstar/recap_2002.html

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 03:36:31 PM »
senial (how do you even spell that? lol)

:rofl:  :rofl:  Definitely not like that  :rofl:  :rofl:

Senile  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 03:41:53 PM »
senial (how do you even spell that? lol)

:rofl:  :rofl:  Definitely not like that  :rofl:  :rofl:

Senile
Ive had enough of you buddy...youve corrected me twice today AND mixed me up with W.O.W last week  :D  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 04:08:56 PM »
Lurker,

Lurker I know you are going senial (how do you even spell that? lol) but you are logged into Phillyarena.net not Fanhome.com  those Kobe nutriders who think hes better than Jordan dont exist here.
Yeah, seniality sets in once you hit 45.  But bad spelling usually starts much earlier.   :eek2:

And I am actually amazed that even one Laker fan bit the bait.  If I knew it was that easy to go fishin' here I might visit more often.   :cheers:   <---with Fat Tire.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 04:09:29 PM by Lurker »
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 04:43:34 PM »

If not, he could always mentor him on how to double as an Easter Island head statue and the Duke Blue Devil during the off-season.
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Well done msc.  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 04:45:47 PM »
Ive had enough of you buddy...youve corrected me twice today AND mixed me up with W.O.W last week 

oooo....sorry to get at you again bud...but there is an apostrophe in "youve".

"you've" would be correct....there you go

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

P.S. about senile, you asked!  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."