Author Topic: Fabricio Oberto to play C and PF  (Read 6236 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabricio Oberto to play C and PF
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 01:39:15 PM »
I
You have these facts as certain as all of your other facts. 

The writer was writing about Kobe receiving the MPV All-Star award when he was in PHILLY -- go back and check your facts --  :rofl:  as if facts mean anything to you!!!
Oh Randy you got me.  The fact the All Star game and all its non defense was played in Philly changes everything.

However I still agree with the writer the Kobe was the MVP of that All Star game.

So now what?

Bringing it back to Fabricio Oberto, lets use your logic.  Since the writer thinks Kobe was the MVP of the All Star game, and true Kobe was.  Therefore everything he writes must be true.  Right?  So he also writes F.O. will be good.  Must be true.

Lets do the Randy Dance. :bounce:
Better yet, how bout some tidbits on how to get your wife to either accompany you to SA or Phx or be able to be apart from you for 12 hours.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:47:56 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 03:47:18 PM »
No. He will be a good fit for the Spurs irregarless of Jerry and Memphis. However,
if Jerry West wanted Berto, is it possible that he might be a player with good things to offer?

Lastly in having breakfast this morning, I originally ordered an omlette to split with Mrs Reality. I then changed my mind and completely bandwaggoned onto an order of potatoe pancakes. Yeah, just like that. Just bandwaggoned onto those.
Are you guys allowed to eat anything other then Purple n Golden Laker Flakes for breakfast your entire lives?

Okay so why did you bring Jerry West up then?  Because you thought if Jerry West liked him and I think he is a good GM.....that I would magically agree and say 'hes a good fit for the Spurs cuz Jerry likes him'    If Jerry West wanted Berto then it probably was to fill a hole in his roster.   That doesnt mean and I stress this to you, that he would be a good fit for the Spurs.  Jerry West also went after Bonzi Wells 2 years ago...does that in turn make him a good player for the Spurs? No it means Jerry found a gap in the team's game that he thought that player could fill.  This is simple Reality.

And just for your second paragraph....you wasted your finger power for nothing.  Breakfast and Sports are complete different things.  Id say you are comparing apples and oranges but its more like comparing apples and porkchops.  Bandwagon does not apply to food, good try with the analogy but as usual you feel short in the making sense department.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 03:47:53 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 04:24:30 PM »
That doesnt mean and I stress this to you, that he would be a good fit for the Spurs.  Jerry West also went after Bonzi Wells 2 years ago...does that in turn make him a good player for the Spurs? No it means Jerry found a gap in the team's game that he thought that player could fill.  This is simple Reality.

And just for your second paragraph....you wasted your finger power for nothing.  Breakfast and Sports are complete different things.  Id say you are comparing apples and oranges but its more like comparing apples and porkchops.  Bandwagon does not apply to food, good try with the analogy but as usual you feel short in the making sense department.
How about reading exactly what i posted.

Previously posted by Reality:

"He will be a good fit for the Spurs irregarless of Jerry and Memphis. However,
if Jerry West wanted Berto, is it possible that he might be a player with good things to offer?"  No more, no less.

Now, alluding to Jerry West may help Randy and WOW.  Talking in Lakerese is more identifyable to them.  Indeed see the documentary "The Corporation", on the other side is a link.

2ndly.  Oh no wasted finger power.  Okay so "birth to death one team only" applies strictly to sports.  So in your life Lakerism does allow for various foods to be eaten.  Wonderful for you.  However see The Corporation chapters "Branding" and "From Birth".  Indeed many other products are included as add ons.  In our studies we have found tons of marketing products around teams.

Last night as the ScamDiego Padres West clinch, the gift shop had baby bibs, baby shoes, etc etc with Padre branding logos.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 06:43:28 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 08:01:23 PM »

2ndly.  Oh no wasted finger power.  Okay so "birth to death one team only" applies strictly to sports.  So in your life Lakerism does allow for various foods to be eaten.  Wonderful for you.  However see The Corporation chapters "Branding" and "From Birth".  Indeed many other products are included as add ons.  In our studies we have found tons of marketing products around teams.

Do you ever re-read your posts?  What the hell are you talking about?

We have an edit button, use it.  You can go back over a post and at least have it make a little bit of sense.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 08:59:34 PM »

We have an edit button, use it.  You can go back over a post and at least have it make a little bit of sense. [/quote]
 I'll try to word it so you will understand.

On this board we have a "General Discussion" board.  It is on the "other side", that is to say opposite side of the NBA discussion side.  On it I put up a thread entitled "The Corporation."  It is a great documentary on how corporations use amoung other tactics, "branding".  Corporations including sports teams.  Corporations including food companies.  Sometimes they are owned by the same corp.  Skandery has seen this documentary and agrees it is excellent.  

I'm hoping you can watch it too.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2005, 08:57:06 AM »
Quote from: Reality,Sep 29 2005, 08:59 PM
Quote from: westkoast,Sep 30 2005, 01:01 AM

We have an edit button, use it.  You can go back over a post and at least have it make a little bit of sense.
I'll try to word it so you will understand.

On this board we have a "General Discussion" board.  It is on the "other side", that is to say opposite side of the NBA discussion side.  On it I put up a thread entitled "The Corporation."  It is a great documentary on how corporations use amoung other tactics, "branding".  Corporations including sports teams.  Corporations including food companies.  Sometimes they are owned by the same corp.  Skandery has seen this documentary and agrees it is excellent.  

I'm hoping you can watch it too. [/QUOTE]
Wow you can make posts that dont need a Reality decoder ring that you get from the bottom of a Spurs-O's cerial box.   :cheers:

Alot of fans will agree that the reason we love the teams we root for is mainly due to some kind of memory (or multiple memories) we had when we were younger.  Like myself for example, I love the Lakers because ever since I was  real young I use to sit with my step-father and root for the team.  Its what first got me into sports.  He was a big fan and that was our way of really bonding.  We would sit forever and he would explain the game to me.  So naturally I am going to enjoy sitting and watching the Lakers because that was what got me into the game and ive always been a southern california resident.

Now back to corporations....they also have tactics where they push whats 'hot' at the time even moreso than normal to sell more of their product.   If im watching because of branding then you must be watching because the NBA is putting more push behind what is 'hot'.  The Spurs are the best team in the league and certain fairweather fans grasp onto a team when they were previously floating between teams.  Mr. Middleman who didnt really like a team and wasnt buying product is now all the sudden copping Spurs jackets, socks, and plane tickets to go see them?  Catch my drift?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 08:59:37 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2005, 08:57:12 AM »
Now, alluding to Jerry West may help Randy and WOW.  Talking in Lakerese is more identifyable to them.  Indeed see the documentary "The Corporation", on the other side is a link.

Your fixation on the Lakers has nothing to do with Randy or me.

You're grasping at straws instead of debating the points.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2005, 09:00:21 AM »
Mr. Middleman who didnt really like a team and wasnt buying product is now all the sudden copping Spurs jackets, socks, and plane tickets to go see them?
Sorry westkoast, but that doesn't even begin to explain my recent collection of Clippers gear.  More research is clearly needed in that regard.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »
Mr. Middleman who didnt really like a team and wasnt buying product is now all the sudden copping Spurs jackets, socks, and plane tickets to go see them?
Sorry westkoast, but that doesn't even begin to explain my recent collection of Clippers gear.  More research is clearly needed in that regard.
Reality doesn't understand the concept of rooting for teams in the area you live in because you can actually go see them.  Lets not get into that with him.  We might get an answer like 'Why is LA so great? Jerry West likes Memphis better so WoW, Randy, weakoast can have a boozer lakers snoozer party there instead yes?'

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2005, 11:15:01 AM »
Reality doesn't understand the concept of rooting for teams in the area you live in because you can actually go see them.  Lets not get into that with him.  We might get an answer like 'Why is LA so great? Jerry West likes Memphis better so WoW, Randy, weakoast can have a boozer lakers snoozer party there instead yes?'
</whiny font ON>But I don't wanna move to Memphis.......</whiny font OFF>
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2005, 11:20:54 AM »
Now, alluding to Jerry West may help Randy and WOW.  Talking in Lakerese is more identifyable to them.  Indeed see the documentary "The Corporation", on the other side is a link.

Your fixation on the Lakers has nothing to do with Randy or me.

You're grasping at straws instead of debating the points.
That explains why Randy initiated the Kobe-Laker talk.  Next.

:rofl: All the points brought up about Oberto.  Get ready to buy Lurker and Xs3 a beer.  Well, a cyber beer.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 11:28:23 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
Reality doesn't understand the concept of rooting for teams in the area you live in because you can actually go see them.  Lets not get into that with him.  We might get an answer like 'Why is LA so great? Jerry West likes Memphis better so WoW, Randy, weakoast can have a boozer lakers snoozer party there instead yes?'
Except from San Diego it's faster to fly to San Antone then to drive to Smell-A.

S.D.-Phx even better.

I have Phx hosting SAS tickets if anyone is real.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 11:28:52 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 03:23:11 PM »
Reality doesn't understand the concept of rooting for teams in the area you live in because you can actually go see them.  Lets not get into that with him.  We might get an answer like 'Why is LA so great? Jerry West likes Memphis better so WoW, Randy, weakoast can have a boozer lakers snoozer party there instead yes?'
Except from San Diego it's faster to fly to San Antone then to drive to Smell-A.

S.D.-Phx even better.

I have Phx hosting SAS tickets if anyone is real.
I'll take my chances with driving on the 5/405 than I will landing back into the San Diego airport (forget the name).  That's one of the most dangerous places to land at in the country.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »
Bump up the jam!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »
So what if Oberto ends up being a solid role player?  Will fit just fine.
True then, true now, even more true if its in a Finals win.