Author Topic: Heat and Spurs add extra preseason game  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat and Spurs add extra preseason game
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 01:59:35 PM »
No, Joe is upset because YOU are claiming he has supported Bush & voted for him.  The same insult that you hurled at me.  That is where the anger is generated, koast.  And that ASSumption by you is the furthest from the truth that you could be if you have paid any attention to the political comments on this board over the past 7 years.

As far as the NFL comments....you feel they are doing ok.  I on the other hand feel that they have shown a huge lack of concern for this team....as well as the city they represent.  And our government has show the same lack of concern.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 02:37:45 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 02:06:13 PM »
Also I'm not comparing the hurricane to a preseason game.  Nor am I comparing any tragedy to a sporting event.

I am comparing the REACTION of our government to a tragedy to the REACTION of the NFL to the same tragedy.  In simple terms they are both REACTING the same way.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 02:36:15 PM »
I am comparing the REACTION of our government to a tragedy to the REACTION of the NFL to the same tragedy. In simple terms they are both REACTING the same way.

...with different orders of magnitude based on the gravity of their respective responsibility.  

I completely agree Lurker.  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 03:11:16 PM »
"the league has sucked as much as Bush in handling this catastrophe"

Please explain to me how this is not comparing Bush/Government lack of involvement the first four days after the hurricane to the NFL.  You are saying they sucked as much as our government because they are making em play pre-season games AND they have to play somewhere else?  Like I said, say a few years back if I were to make a comment directly related to 9-11 and sports it would not have been ok.  Why is this any different?  Which one of the Spurs fans agreed D-rob and Tim Duncan not be called the twin towers anymore?

As for political comentary...that wasnt around on the MSNBC board and wasnt even big here until the last election.  We have not been posting here for 7 years.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 03:14:07 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »

Please explain to me how this is not comparing Bush/Government lack of involvement the first four days after the hurricane to the NFL.  You are saying they sucked as much as our government because they are making em play pre-season games AND they have to play somewhere else?
Bush's administration has REACTED poorly in handling the hurricane.  Their REACTION sucked.

The NFL has REACTED poorly in handling the hurricane.  Their REACTION sucked.

Very related comments....both "organization" have REACTED poorly.    And that REACTION sucked.  And Skandery's comment hit it on the head....the magnitude of the administration's FAILURE is much more secere than the magnitude of the NFL's failure.

By the same standard...I would say our government's REACTION to 9-11 was favorable.  The NFL's REACTION to 9-11 was favorable.  The government's SUCCESS in that situation far outstrips the NFL's success just because of the magnitude of responsibility.  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 03:29:10 PM by Lurker »
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 03:44:57 PM »

Please explain to me how this is not comparing Bush/Government lack of involvement the first four days after the hurricane to the NFL.  You are saying they sucked as much as our government because they are making em play pre-season games AND they have to play somewhere else?
Bush's administration has REACTED poorly in handling the hurricane.  Their REACTION sucked.

The NFL has REACTED poorly in handling the hurricane.  Their REACTION sucked.

Very related comments....both "organization" have REACTED poorly.    And that REACTION sucked.  And Skandery's comment hit it on the head....the magnitude of the administration's FAILURE is much more secere than the magnitude of the NFL's failure.

By the same standard...I would say our government's REACTION to 9-11 was favorable.  The NFL's REACTION to 9-11 was favorable.  The government's SUCCESS in that situation far outstrips the NFL's success just because of the magnitude of responsibility.
Lurker, maybe you should have been a bit more clear?   You directly compared the two without explaining what you really meant.

There is a difference between....

The NFL did a poor job in handling the situation they were put in by the hurricane with the Saints.

and

Especially since you were commenting on how I said the NFL was doing a good job helping out with the catastrophe..im sure you can see why I took it the wrong way.  Were the Saints having to play somewhere else a catastrophe?  The NFL had a problem to handle.....the Bush administration and our government had a catastrohpe to handle.  I apologize for taking your comment the wrong way but when you are not clear and you compare something that serious, you are going to envoke a little anger from people.  Much like I apparently angered Joe by saying he supports Bush.

And Lurker, can you even remember the last 7 years of political debate here???  :D  Sorry had to get my joke in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 03:52:11 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 04:10:07 PM »
And Lurker, can you even remember the last 7 years of political debate here???  :D  Sorry had to get my joke in.
Just ask Randy....my memory is like a steel trap.

Rusted shut.    :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 04:11:45 PM by Lurker »
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 04:36:04 PM »
Dang it, that's MY line!!!  

And I must say, it's a whole lot funnier when I type it here too!   :bash:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 05:31:20 PM »
And Lurker, can you even remember the last 7 years of political debate here???  :D  Sorry had to get my joke in.
Just ask Randy....my memory is like a steel trap.

Rusted shut.    :cheers:
Ouch...

Randy you gonna let Lurker punk you like that?  Honestly, its bad enough SA punked us 3 years ago in the playoffs.  Can you please rep for us Laker fans?